The Official Gay Days Trip Planning Thread

BuddyThomas

Hi All -

There have been years and years of Gay Days threads not being allowed on here because they apparently always got so ugly. I understand that people have strong feelings on this issue, but on the other hand, things have progressed and I hope minds have been opened.

With that in mind, I have been in touch with @The Mom and I have been approved to post the first official Gay Days thread. Whoo-hooo!

So, here's the deal. This is meant to be a very respectful thread, meant specifically for trip planning -@The Mom will be watching it, and any posts debating the "appropriateness" of the event will be deleted. This is meant to be a thread for sharing information about the event with others who are interested in attending it, not a place to air opinions about the LBGT community.

I totally understand if you have issues with this event, because I have issues with a lot of stuff going on currently in this country as well, but those things can be discussed/argued on Facebook, Newsvine, and endless other places. This thread is for planning and info sharing only. Please respect this. It is kind of historic that WDW Magic is allowing this to proceed and I hope no one ruins it.

With that said, let's dive right in. Here are the dates this year, 2017:

Thursday June 1 - Animal Kingdom
Friday, June 2 - Hollywood Studios (some are going to Uni instead this day)
Saturday June 3 - Magic Kingdom
Sunday June 4 - EPCOT

I actually don't even have a trip booked yet, and if anyone has read any of my trips reports, you will know why. Blocked by Phil!!! But I might just do a trip anyway.

First issue that I think is up for discussion is that since Avatar opens in late May at AK, do you think that is going to make this particular weekend more crowded than ever? I assume so, but I welcome any thoughts.

And of course, let's all discuss the entire event. All are welcome here, so long as there is no trolling or disparaging comments. We're all people. We all love Disney or we would not be here. So let's please respect each other and prove to the mods that this thread is not going to trigger the end of the world. ;)

Let's go.

Minthorne

Had I thought this through a little better, it may have worked.

We are flying up to NJ for a wedding Memorial Day weekend. Had I booked the flight from Orlando, that would have been near perfect timing on the return home.

AP blockout dates start 6/3.

Bottom line, if we leave the pup home for the weekend, come back for a day and leave again, I think she'll commit puppy patricide.

Unless...we bring her along...
Aww come to Disney world! I'll be there til the 2nd! Come have a drink at the poly!!

Upvote 0

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
That would be very cool.

Maybe Spirit will run their $20 fares. We can fly up in the morning and back the same night.
Maybe I can do the same thing. My rat husband is refusing but I'm still debating a solo in and out.

Edit - sheesh - you can't say a word that starts with a b and ends with a d on here? Well, okay, I guess, even though they are saying worse on network tv. ;)

Upvote 0

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Epic fail on my part. Kept procrastinating and procrastinating and then seeing the fifteen million hour waits at Pandora was the icing on the "skipping it this year" cake. I can't imagine what those crowds coupled with the gay days crowds will be like this week. At least my Disney hating husband is happy. Grrrr.

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

I came home from the wedding in New Jersey with a cold. Between hugging and shaking hands with 1 million people at the wedding and then sitting on a germy airplane (and there may have been a little drinking at the wedding… and on the flight home…and on the flight up… and in the hotel…not good for immune function.

No way we would make it up. And now we're in "Disney time-out" until mid-August. So no trips til the last trip in September.

Upvote 0

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Well, I wasn't able to get there this year. But that didn't stop me from having fun at home. This is right before I spun around on the lawn pretending to be in the teacups, and before I climbed into the attic searching for a ghost dinner party. Errr, kidding. None of that happened, and neither did my pirate hunt. Next year.....next year.;)
Buddy towel.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Well, I wasn't able to get there this year. But that didn't stop me from having fun at home. This is right before I spun around on the lawn pretending to be in the teacups, and before I climbed into the attic searching for a ghost dinner party. Errr, kidding. None of that happened, and neither did my pirate hunt. Next year.....next year.;)
View attachment 208475

The denim and the socks below the towel just destroy the illusion. :cautious:

Upvote 0

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I believe the organizers lost their usual booking with the hotel they use, or, purposely decided to book at a cheaper rate at a different time. Or maybe a bit of both.

It wasn't because they thought August was a better time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom