The Oddessy Building in Epcot

hpyhnt 1000

A restaurant to give you a quick answer. Though I'm not the best one to tell you. I'm sure a couple of my fellow Epcot fans will spot this thread fairly quickly and will be able to give you more details. :lookaroun :wave:

EDIT: *looks at EEs post above mine* See what I mean? :p :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

A restaurant to give you a quick answer. Though I'm not the best one to tell you. I'm sure a couple of my fellow Epcot fans will spot this thread fairly quickly and will be able to give you more details. :lookaroun :wave:

EDIT: *looks at EEs post above mine* See what I mean? :p :lol:

We don't have school today...What do you expect?:lookaroun:lol:

DisneyLindz

I know it's empty except for bathrooms...it's my favorite bathroom in all of Epcot! LOL! It's always quiet, empty, and very clean.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It isn`t empty; aside from the window curtains, lighting and furniture it is exactly as it was when open every day to all guests - the way it should be.

That is until you get to the curtain and find the cash register desks are gone. The price signs above the serving counter are still intact too.

Kamikaze

It isn`t empty; aside from the window curtains, lighting and furniture it is exactly as it was when open every day to all guests - the way it should be.

That is until you get to the curtain and find the cash register desks are gone. The price signs above the serving counter are still intact too.

Wow, I wonder what the pricing is. That would be a very cheap meal compared to now.

EPCOT Explorer

Do they still have the plaques with the menu on it?:lol: That would be pretty cool to see.:eek:

When my family visited in the late 80's early 90's I loved eating at the Odyssey. It was a counter service restaurant where the characters mingled with guests while they dined. I recall the characters wearing space uniforms to fit the Future World theme. It was so much fun and an affordable way to have a character meal. Sadly, they are unjustifiably expensive for me today, and I think it would be great to bring back something like the Odyssey used to be. I'm sure they could still have the current character meals with some kind of perk so they wouldn't lose much business to the counter service version.

If my mind serves me the early 80's was more like fish and fries, seafood type of food served. I can hardly remember my grandmother and I eating there while the rest of the fam. ate at the World Showcase some were. Now I would kill to eat most the places! Oh well. Long gone are the days.
It is used for special events, I think that two years ago it was used for the Flower and Garden as a gift shop and for siminars.

wolf359

I ate there in 1994 and I'm hard pressed to remember what they served, but my guess is it was burgers and chicken fingers.

I know there is a lot of nostalgia for the Odyssey, and I wish it was open again too, but I think to justify another restaurant Disney really needs to come up with a plan that could make it memorable or special in some way beyond "gee this place sure looks nice for a counter service burger place..."

EPCOT Explorer

I ate there in 1994 and I'm hard pressed to remember what they served, but my guess is it was burgers and chicken fingers.

I know there is a lot of nostalgia for the Odyssey, and I wish it was open again too, but I think to justify another restaurant Disney really needs to come up with a plan that could make it memorable or special in some way beyond "gee this place sure looks nice for a counter service burger place..."

It was...:D Only way a 2 1/2- 3 year old (Me) was gonna eat there!:lol::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom