The next President is coming, and the hall is closing for a LONG refurbishment.

drizgirl

I definitely feel bad for the imagineers on this one....they basically are going to be considered "wrong" possibly by some people no matter what they do.

They are only wrong if they make some sort of decision based on politics.

I have every faith they will do their job just like they have every other time there has been a change in the occupant of the White House.

Beacon Joe

Advertisement
Any
Set up a box seat where the lesser presidents can heckle the show from!

I'd get a kick out of seeing William Henry Harrison and Martin Van Buren sitting in a balcony box and gabbing Statler and Waldorf-like.

=

+

216bruce

Unless you are really really old you never saw the AA characters in real life or on HD TV so you only have old photos and newsreels to go by. I don't know if they look like the real people or if they look as fake as the ones in HoP. I do think Tussaud's does a more lifelike rendition but they don't have to make them move and can provide better lighting.

Anyway you slice it they are just representations of the real thing so it is no wonder they look like caricatures of the people.
That's true to a degree, but using the same logic the 'current' representations of living folks (i.e. Presidents) should look even better as there is ample photo, film and even modeling of the actual people available. Invariably the 'first look' sculptures of the Presidents, especially the Blaine Gibson ones, look great- the final figures...meh. Something gets lost in the process.

Epcotfan21

I think this will entirely depend on how his speech comes out... and how things are going by the time the new show's set to debut, frankly. I'd imagine the show producers are keeping an nervous eye on the news as they write the new script.
Have past Presidents wrote their speech or does Disney have a hand in what is said and the President just reads what Disney has pre-wrote for them?

WhatJaneSays

Have past Presidents wrote their speech or does Disney have a hand in what is said and the President just reads what Disney has pre-wrote for them?
Little of column A, little of column B. In the past Disney mostly does the outline of the script they think suits the new POTUS' style, and then it generally gets pasted on to the POTUS' speech writing team for polish or approval. The scripts for the POTUS tend to be fairly generic.

AquaDuck

So, sorry if this has been discussed already, but why is Obama's AA so poorly modeled?
Can't answer your question but they're all a little bit off, and I'm happy for that. Too realistic and I think they would come off as extremely creepy.

Prog

I don't think it's a matter of realism though. He looks realistic enough but if it wasn't for his melanin you could never tell it was him. It's almost as far removed from the source material as the infamous Lucille Ball Sculpture.

JoeCamel

Yep, if you want real go to Tussaud's, but when they move you get what they have available so some work and some don't look like you would expect. Even Tussaud's will be less than the original but they are all representations not replications.

Goofyernmost

I don't think it's a matter of realism though. He looks realistic enough but if it wasn't for his melanin you could never tell it was him. It's almost as far removed from the source material as the infamous Lucille Ball Sculpture.
The ears kind of capture it as well. I found from the first time I went to the HoP that if you position yourself about half way back and not right up on stage, it is very much a great illusion. I had some friends once that went and argued with me until a brought out the reference materials that they were all live actors on the stage. That is how real it looked to them and most of it at the time was 1970's technology.

IowaHawks7

I'm not sure if this has been stated or asked yet.. but is there any inclination that Morgan Freeman will not be returning as the narrator?

Top Bottom