The new vacation DVD

kcnole

Original Poster
First off, has it been released yet?

Secondly, if it has been released did they change anything from last year since they extended the year of a million dreams or is it basically last years dvd again?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The Disney UK website says its a new DVD its exactly the same as last years. However that may just be the logistics firm using up old stock.

maryszhi

Im wondering the same thing,i ordered mine a few weeks ago and am still waiting. I m sure there are a few minor changes, but overall same yoamd. My therory is the only time they change the dvd cover desgin and other stuff is when they have a new promotion...they only add or take minor stuff that is either new...or no longer there.

tink247

I ordered my copy a couple of weeks ago and according to Disney's website- it says new for 2008. I imagine it will be pretty similar to last year- but with the MGM- Hollywood Studios name change- at least that will be different. I'll let you know more when I get it (which should be in about 6 months! It always seems like it takes forever to get here.;))

lilclerk

I ordered my copy a couple of weeks ago and according to Disney's website- it says new for 2008. I imagine it will be pretty similar to last year- but with the MGM- Hollywood Studios name change- at least that will be different. I'll let you know more when I get it (which should be in about 6 months! It always seems like it takes forever to get here.;))
It will probably also announce Toy Story Mania and maybe Block Party Bash. I'm guessing. Possibly. :shrug: I didn't like the YOAMD dvd enough to order it again =\

ROEFan88

There's a chance not even that will change, given that the planning videos/DVDs have always referred to the park as 'Disney Studios' due to legal reasons. Disney were never allowed to use the MGM name in certain promotional materials, I remember being told - obviously, with the name change, there is now no legal issue, but I'm still not sure Disney will bother changing it this year.

Cmdr_Crimson

*Sigh* Why can't they bring back the Fab Four of The HCOE Dvd's..Sure we all don't like Luke but...Meh..He still brought a side of thrills to the Dvd.

Brian Noble

My family misses Dave. There, I said it. We miss Dave.

Erin? Not so much. But Dave, you betcha.

I'd like to refer to it as...a floating bench.

Irie

I received mine yesterday. It is basically the same video with some minor changes. They do refer to the studios as DHS so that is new and they discuss Toy Story Mania and Block Party Bash.

Cmdr_Crimson

I received mine yesterday. It is basically the same video with some minor changes. They do refer to the studios as DHS so that is new and they discuss Toy Story Mania and Block Party Bash.

This would have gone well for me....However it would have been SMART to put actually have Dvd in my Planner package...All I got was the booklet and other paper info........no disc at all.....:lookaroun.

But, this at least saves me all the whoo-ha on expecting something new.......but, there just saving money again..*Sigh*

Skipper Dan

Okay - like ninety percent of the time - I could write a book on this subject, and I really, really, really, really, really, really want to, but I will refrain, and say only this: PLEASE BRING DAVE BACK!!!! :cry:

P.S. If Luke will stop the “happy weed,” he can come back too. :lol: :lookaroun
P.S.S. “That was on the hook!” :ROFLOL:

Skippy_

I hated the HCOE DVD, I just find bad actors and cheezy jokes annoying. I liked the Magical Gatherings DVD SO much more, a heartfelt narration just seems so much more effective than bad actors, jokes, and talking about things that have nothing to do with the park.

I also liked the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip-For-Today WDWTV stuff than all the Top 5 or 10 or whatever kind of CRAP they're tossing our way now.

Disney has forgotten to advertise magic and heart in favor of franchise and pop :hammer:

Oh well, can't complain about something that free.

Skippy

shmmrname

I'm fine with all of the DVDs so far. Each one has it's positive points, though I don't particularly enjoy 2007's. But, that's more for a Layout/Design reason.
Every once in a while we'll just feel like watching them as a mini-escape. Before our DVR, we couldn't control when the Modern Marvels/Travel Channel Disney shows were on, so the Vacation Planning DVDs were all we could truly rely on.
We do sometimes make fun of the less-than-fab four while in the parks. So it has staying power, like it or not.
Lastly, the DVDs are more than a little reminiscent of the Disney Resort channels within WDW. As a child, that was one of the things I most closely associated with being in WDW. And even later, the top attractions commercials at the bus stops and checking the operating hours in our room are very closely associated with the Vacation Planning DVDs in my mind.
It just makes you feel a tiny bit closer.

New2WDW

Did the cover have "GRATUITY NOT INCLUDED!" :lol: No, seriously, did it have the new DDP info on it?

Irie

Did the cover have "GRATUITY NOT INCLUDED!" :lol: No, seriously, did it have the new DDP info on it?

I only got to watch the main video that talks about the parks. If I get a chance to check out the rest tonight, I will post tomorrow

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom