Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Do you have a Primark near you? You mentioned that Tuvalette's mom is a B&B fan. I went to Primark yesterday and they had a TON of B&B merch. I thought of you and @blgauger

View attachment 315893View attachment 315894View attachment 315895View attachment 315896View attachment 315897View attachment 315898

They also had some Pooh stuff:
View attachment 315899View attachment 315900

There were also Pjs, socks, etc. If you don't have a Primark near you, and there's something you'd like, let me know and I can see if they still have it next time I go.
What great merchandise @Songbird76! I love it all!
Sadly, the nearest Primark to my house is 680 miles away. (Yes, I googled it!) But thanks for thinking of me.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday, August 27

We early risers were awake at the crack ‘o dawn, which meant we had plenty of time to satisfy Woody’s Mickey Waffles craving before heading off to MK. Arriving early at Cook’s for breakfast meant no ordering line and lots of available tables to choose from. :cat:

Woody ordered the adult waffles which came with bacon. Coffee was extra.
09B185D4-C9D2-4134-B9D3-0ED44C27B75B.jpeg

I went with a kid’s meal again. I also got bacon....and apple slices....and a bottle of water. All for $2.50 less than the adult portion. Granted I had one less waffle than Woody, but I think mine was the better value.
31A03314-1652-4FC6-B611-E8F35F8B7780.jpeg

We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and then were pleased to find a monorail ready for boarding after our security screening.

Except the monorail stayed put for almost ten minutes. The delay didn’t bother me as I didn’t have to worry about being late for the Welcome Show on top of the train station. While I miss the old show, I don’t miss the stress of trying to get to MK on time to see it!

Which one of these able-bodied children over the age of 5 requires a stroller?
B6F4E351-805B-484B-9FA3-724B17B38B3C.jpeg

When you have to remove the snack tray in order to fit in a stroller you are TOO BIG to ride.
(And before I get accused of being judgmental, the large boy in the stroller jumped out while the monorail was in motion and proceeded to run down the ramp once we disembarked.)

Behind us (in the same car) was one of those Keenz wagon strollers.
6CD18E59-3CCF-4679-B0BE-C6A631274111.jpeg

First, these monstrosities should be banned from the parks. “Regular” pull-style wagons are. Just because Keenz created a “loophole” (because their wagons are pushed rather than pulled), doesn’t mean they should be allowed. I have never seen a child younger than 4 or 5 in a Keenz....which begs the question, Why do you need one?

I was tempted to pose that question to the family behind us. The family of 3, whose son who appeared to be at least 7 or 8 years old...wearing a baseball jersey and ball cap.

If you are a Little League outfielder you are TOO OLD for a stroller. (Or in this case, a wagon stroller.)

Our monorail arrived to an empty station.
1FF8F7C2-1210-4EF2-A95A-93196D2530D9.jpeg

The doors to our train opened and we were overcome by a STRONG aroma of garlic. GARLIC?!? Yep, it smelled like someone was baking many loaves of garlic bread. The odor followed us from the station to the tapstiles to the train tunnel and onto Main Street. It was most peculiar. Tony’s Italian Restaurant is on Town Square, but it was still breakfast time ~ and I have never encountered a garlic aroma that permeating in all my early mornings at the MK.

FA932B2A-F979-4955-B3EE-92F93C627DF2.jpeg

Rip Welcome Show

krisri18

Monday, August 27

We early risers were awake at the crack ‘o dawn, which meant we had plenty of time to satisfy Woody’s Mickey Waffles craving before heading off to MK. Arriving early at Cook’s for breakfast meant no ordering line and lots of available tables to choose from. :cat:

View attachment 316061

I went with a kid’s meal again. I also got bacon....and apple slices....and a bottle of water. All for $2.50 less than the adult portion. Granted I had one less waffle than Woody, but I think mine was the better value.
View attachment 316062

We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and then were pleased to find a monorail ready for boarding after our security screening.

Except the monorail stayed put for almost ten minutes. The delay didn’t bother me as I didn’t have to worry about being late for the Welcome Show on top of the train station. While I miss the old show, I don’t miss the stress of trying to get to MK on time to see it!

View attachment 316063
When you have to remove the snack tray in order to fit in a stroller you are TOO BIG to ride.
(And before I get accused of being judgmental, the large boy in the stroller jumped out while the monorail was in motion and proceeded to run down the ramp once we disembarked.)

View attachment 316068
First, these monstrosities should be banned from the parks. “Regular” pull-style wagons are. Just because Keenz created a “loophole” (because their wagons are pushed rather than pulled), doesn’t mean they should be allowed. I have never seen a child younger than 4 or 5 in a Keenz....which begs the question, Why do you need one?

I was tempted to pose that question to the family behind us. The family of 3, whose son who appeared to be at least 7 or 8 years old...wearing a baseball jersey and ball cap.

If you are a Little League outfielder you are TOO OLD for a stroller. (Or in this case, a wagon stroller.)

View attachment 316064

The doors to our train opened and we were overcome by a STRONG aroma of garlic. GARLIC?!? Yep, it smelled like someone was baking many loaves of garlic bread. The odor followed us from the station to the tapstiles to the train tunnel and onto Main Street. It was most peculiar. Tony’s Italian Restaurant is on Town Square, but it was still breakfast time ~ and I have never encountered a garlic aroma that permeating in all my early mornings at the MK.

View attachment 316065
Rip Welcome Show
Maybe they were roasting garlic to keep vampires away from the Halloween Party?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Since we had rushed past all the autumn decor on Saturday, we took our time admiring it this morning.

C1B1E5C5-FEF2-4CAA-828A-B4AE10E9C2DD.jpeg

1D8702F7-02F9-4043-8BDC-270DCF12BD34.jpeg

C59B1464-2A84-4ACB-8968-63705DC5193C.jpeg

Woody and I had great fun looking at all the themed jack ‘o lanterns along Main Street....so much so that we were “in the moment” and did not take pictures.

When we reached the hub I suggested posing for a castle pic. Our photographer was “Earning her Ears.”

EBE32849-5A26-46DD-962E-BBB9BAC1FC72.jpeg

CLEARLY!! :joyfull:

AD9E5382-D3A5-43CA-AA27-DDE1171D5B4D.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
I witnessed a mother the other day at DHS drinking a beer while sitting in what I assumed was her kids stroller....now I'm wondering if it could have been hers.....:confused:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We went to the Adventureland bridge to await park opening.

With a couple hundred of our closest friends.
3E36795D-10D8-43D6-83BC-8D98822D7BF2.jpeg

The Cast Member blocking the entrance called out into the crowd, asking if there were any first timers. Several hands shot up. He then asked if there were any first timers whose birthday was today ~ and a lone gal raised her hand. The CM invited her to join him up front and he handed her a giant pirate flag to hold. She then became the official “line leader” once this happened.....
7E11998A-8F8B-480C-A0A9-8381EF403EB9.jpeg

.....and the park was open.

It’s the little things I love about Disney. :inlove:

The crowd began to move forward at a snail’s pace. Turns out the bridge was down to about a third of its normal size due to construction walls.

Here’s what it looked like:

15260CBA-92F8-470E-9155-56164B09AEEE.jpeg
As we were merging, someone asked “Why is this bridge so narrow?”

A Mr. Know-It-All responded very seriously, “It’s an intentional crowd control device used in the morning. They make the bridge wider later in the day.” :hilarious:

We took the shortcut into Frontierland.

Look, Ma, no crowds!
A9D0C5E5-E515-4343-9B22-C2C1BDE8A8C5.jpeg

Going to our favorite first, @Longers!
35C3C1F5-8023-4073-A2F5-D5D45F4468AD.jpeg

5 minute standby for BTMRR? Yes, please!

First time I ever noticed this. People will throw change anywhere!
71F97043-C249-46B4-8B74-D6955F33E10A.jpeg

When this sign is used.....
952C4CC6-AB75-4F6B-A9B9-F48600891207.jpeg

.....only one side of the attraction is operating. The other side of the sign says, Use Both Sides.

Since @slipperalwaysfits asked ~
0FB52C65-6177-4698-A7A1-C92BAF0761B2.jpeg

susan lees

Monday, August 27

View attachment 316061

View attachment 316062

View attachment 316063

View attachment 316068

View attachment 316064

View attachment 316065
Rip Welcome Show
Was there any wild garlic plants in the vicinity? There are some of these plants near my place of work and some days they can be particularly pungent 😵

Spash007

While I agree that stroller use has gotten out of control, one day I looked down at my daughter walking and she was taking 2-3 steps for each of mine and it made me think - if I usually walk 13,000 or more steps a day at Disney, she would have to take 26,000+ steps per day! A kid may start off just fine in the morning, but be a different story mid-day.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
While I could have easily ridden BTMRR again, Woody was thirsty and melting from the humidity so we stopped for a bottle of water during our quest to the nearest attraction with a/c.

80A5541B-E7DF-4866-9B77-75606FD7F241.jpeg

No wait for Pirates? We’re in!

75715FE5-0572-484A-8563-2CF54C55B779.jpeg

Woody was worried we’d be drenched in the front row. The waterfall didn’t get us, but the water cannons did.

I thought I could cheer him up if we went to ride Space Mountain. The app said the wait was only 15 minutes, but it ended up being closer to 25.

I have absolutely no idea what I was trying to do here.
E402BC32-B066-4DFC-AE21-5D68469858C6.jpeg

And look how cheerful Woody is!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Was there any wild garlic plants in the vicinity? There are some of these plants near my place of work and some days they can be particularly pungent 😵
I haven’t the foggiest idea what a wild garlic plant looks like. 🤔

While I agree that stroller use has gotten out of control, one day I looked down at my daughter walking and she was taking 2-3 steps for each of mine and it made me think - if I usually walk 13,000 or more steps a day at Disney, she would have to take 26,000+ steps per day! A kid may start off just fine in the morning, but be a different story mid-day.
And that is why breaks are so important ~ kids under 5 can’t be expected to be park commandos.
However, I took my three to WDW every year when they were littles. Stroller usage (an umbrella stroller no less) ceased at age 4. Rule was if you were too tired to walk, mom or dad would take you back to the hotel. Funny thing....we never had to do that. But we took breaks while in the parks (to eat, snack or just sit for a few minutes) and never did rope drop to close without a couple hours of pool time mid-day.
Not to mention my kids would have been MORTIFIED to ride in a stroller once they were past kindergarten.

Last edited:

susan lees

And that is why breaks are so important ~ kids under 5 can’t be expected to be park commandos.
However, I took my three to WDW every year when they were littles. Stroller usage (an umbrella stroller no less) ceased at age 4. Rule was if you were too tired to walk, mom or dad would take you back to the hotel. Funny thing....we never had to do that. But we took breaks while in the parks (to eat, snack or just sit for a few minutes) and never did rope drop to close without a couple hours of pool time mid-day.
Not to mentioned my kids would have been MORTIFIED to ride in a stroller once they were past kindergarten.
And sadly you might never know as I've just discovered they only grow in Europe. So that definitely was not the culprit lol.

DisneyGigi

Not to mentioned my kids would have been MORTIFIED to ride in a stroller once they were past kindergarten.

I planted garlic once and it smelled so much like “ramps” I ate them like green onions. (While young) It tastes almost the same, but even smellier, if possible. 😑 The only bad thing about going to Disney in early May, means I have to hold off on the ramps. Maybe someone, had a stash, and ate them before the trip lol. They are smelly! But, oh so good.

I agree with you on the strollers. We as, parents were lucky, our kids did not want to be in them. Also, like you said, Park Commandos, come at an older age. My son never used one at all -at 3 and 2 1/2 for my daughter, she did use one but she walked too. A different world, with my son’s oldest, he adopted. May be a different world we live in, now, but I think the same thing. If you can walk, or are big enough to ride the big rides, you can walk to them.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Getting from Space Mountain to our first FP required a long walk in the morning heat. And when we got there our FP was totally unnecessary (although it is cool to hear the creepy moan when you tap your band at the Haunted Mansion!) Woody noticed that the track for the Riverboat was visible so I got close enough to take a pic.

402D5FA2-ADED-4A5D-8BF0-6FE1F3B98D9F.jpeg

Dusty light fixtures for @Doc Disney
4953394D-AC30-43D2-9326-A2F9F68D92B1.jpeg

Next we took a happy cruise.

CE1FD30F-9424-4E13-A5DF-A7C831E7FFF9.jpeg

When will the doll on the left tusk return? She’s been missing for months!
A2D794F5-EAF3-48FD-9FC4-AF41C970DC01.jpeg

We waited longer in the FP line at Pooh than we waited in the standby line for IASW. Not sure what the holdup was....a heffalump on the loose?

A0AE5986-5438-48FD-ADF7-47BAAD3FC0D2.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

POOH SEEMS to be one of your all-time favorite rides!! :p:p Amazing how many details you notice when you ride it so often, like the Doll missing on the Small World Elephant tusk!!!:jawdrop::jawdrop: I love the details in Disney, that's part of what makes it special but with so much to see in IASW, I'm not sure I'd notice that.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
POOH SEEMS to be one of your all-time favorite rides!! :p:p Amazing how many details you notice when you ride it so often, like the Doll missing on the Small World Elephant tusk!!!:jawdrop::jawdrop: I love the details in Disney, that's part of what makes it special but with so much to see in IASW, I'm not sure I'd notice that.
Yes, Pooh ranks right up there! I love all things Pooh.
And after 1,000 rides (give or take 😉) on IASW, I can easily spot missing dolls....I’m a dweeb!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Monday, August 27

View attachment 316061

View attachment 316062

View attachment 316063

View attachment 316068

View attachment 316064

View attachment 316065
Rip Welcome Show

Brad and I always get the kids waffle meal for breakfast when we eat at the quick services. We like getting the little bottle of water and the side is the chocolate chip cookie both of which we take with us to the parks to consume later.

Rista1313

At the risk of getting people in an uproar... I believe parents baby their children too much these days. These poor children are going to become adults who can't function. I think they also use strollers for a couple reasons... if children are in the stroller, they are easier to keep track of... and also if they are in the stroller parents don't have to listen to them whine about being too tired to walk. Kids are kids, they have more energy than adults.... I think we are the ones who get tired!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom