Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

KatieLVT

Just read the other day on another forum about the Magical Moments bus. Apparently if you see the bus parked anywhere, you should go up to the bus driver and ask about it. Then, the CM will take you to any resort you want to go! It's like Disney's version of random acts of kindness I guess? At least that's how they're spinning it, but there must be some other reason behind it. But, from what I've heard from others, they will literally take you to any resort (and I think Disney Springs) on your own personal bus. You have to go up to them and engage in conversation. My understanding is that they do not wave you down or anything, but just park and hang out with the door open until someone approaches.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think I will love Toy Story Land. My fave movies, and to me it is a Disney Land.
I know you will love Toy Story Land! I agree it is a “Disney Land.” 😊

Totally agree. TSL is just "alive" and has so much going on it almost makes your head spin (in a good way. Pandora was amazing the first time I walked in and it still is beautiful to me, but TSL puts a pep in my step!
TSL put a pep in my step too! (And you get extra credit for showing up early to my yet-unwritten August TR. 😉😁)

Love your reviews of Saucer and Slinky! I don't understand why people will condemn a ride before they even ride it. :bored:
Thanks @Zipitidoda, I don’t understand the criticism either.

DH and I were in line at Slinky Dog Yesterday and the C M was yelling "Party of Two". Why yes we are. Then we were directed to Row 9 Score!!!!!
Fantastic!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
View attachment 301219
Not trying to hi-jack, but I have a pic of E and Al with the butterfly topiary from 2009. I love your throwback photos scattered throughout your report!
Not a hi-jack at all! Thanks for posting your retro pic. I’m suprised the butterfly was still there three years later.

Such a relaxing place. Great place to spend some time frantically trying to figure out how to get home after totaling your car on the drive down when you hit a deer...true story! LOL
Oh dear, that sounds like a terrible way to start (and end) a vacation!

Loving reading your TR!! I’m new here but not to Disney and can’t believe I’ve been missing such a great community. We will be there in 8 days!! Can’t wait!
This forum is “good peeps” 😊 Hope you have a great time in the World!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just read the other day on another forum about the Magical Moments bus. Apparently if you see the bus parked anywhere, you should go up to the bus driver and ask about it. Then, the CM will take you to any resort you want to go! It's like Disney's version of random acts of kindness I guess? At least that's how they're spinning it, but there must be some other reason behind it. But, from what I've heard from others, they will literally take you to any resort (and I think Disney Springs) on your own personal bus. You have to go up to them and engage in conversation. My understanding is that they do not wave you down or anything, but just park and hang out with the door open until someone approaches.
Well I wish I had known this earlier!! I would have chatted up that bus driver big time to avoid that long wait at the DS bus stop!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday, July 24

Today’s forecast had only a slight chance of rain....but as you will see, we got a bunch of it. :arghh:

We began the day early. MK opened at 8 am and we wanted to be there for rope drop. I got ready first and went to the Marketplace for coffee and muffins to-go. The bus wait time app was not showing arrival times so we had no idea until we got to the bus stop that we had just missed the bus.

We sat on a bench to wait.

754C3268-FBA7-4CE0-93C3-54F5E4E001BD.jpeg

Fooled ya with a flashback! (Although f a n n y packs are back in style. 😉)

Present day
BFD82922-663F-41F9-B7E0-DC7CBE36829A.jpeg

My oldest son (seated beside me in the retro pic above) has always been a LEGO freak. His passion for those tiny bricks exists to this day. He needs this backpack for when he brings Tuvalette and Tuvaleen to the parks.

6D9854B7-AE93-49E6-AE69-43BE2E04CAD1.jpeg

I sent him this photo. He replied to my text with, “I need one with actual studs so I can click all their stuff into me! 😆

We did not make it to MK until 8:15 am.

EBB192BD-FC65-4C90-B02E-B99C9C6432F8.jpeg

It wasn’t an issue since we were able to accomplish a lot before Mother Nature struck.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I saw this CM with Remy welcoming guests outside the Confectionery. Adorbs!

D5291FDE-2CCB-49D5-A706-52FAFFADBF91.jpeg

We Arty Poo’ed first.
E3670A5A-929B-4FD1-8FBF-8C65013EB484.jpeg

8BF0C2A7-15E2-4621-8C6A-326B62F662F1.jpeg

While we were in the queue we noticed the VERY LONG line for 7DMT which wasn’t moving. Seems the attraction hadn’t opened for the day yet.....and those at the front of the line had already been waiting 30 minutes with no idea when/if the ride would begin operating.

Meanwhile Em and I practically walked on Pooh.
7152F7D5-A90D-4826-B08B-64686A11769B.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I suggested venturing into Tomorrowland next. I spied a bored PP photographer and put him to work.

I may have sat in a teacup last night, but I was only getting as close as the sign this morning.
8D1D3599-A932-4FD1-AEAA-F7C185F2373B.jpeg

22B64669-AED1-40ED-8E7F-82CF80C5A5CD.jpeg

There was a magic shot with the Cheshire Cat in the tree above us but it was really lame so I’m not posting it.

Space Mountain a 5 minute standby? Yes, please! Especially because we got to ride the superior Alpha track. 😊

BD95A398-13F3-45C0-97C6-EC36D2B592BC.jpeg

Our ride through space was illuminated by some auxiliary lights. It made for an interesting experience.

Though the alternate outside exit was still in use, we stopped inside the Space gift store anyway. Em needed a new phone case and she found a cheerful Minnie Mouse one.

Where were all the people? (Honestly we didn’t care!)

7512D51B-F6C2-4ECB-B0DA-1F1C1C973DE7.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
And we found it!

638613C8-D2FC-4687-941C-FADBD95296E9.jpeg

The sign said 15 minutes but we didn’t wait that long.

A0959F3E-67E4-43F1-825B-0AF5E47D597E.jpeg

I always find something new in the standby BTMRR queue.

A dozen rides so far in 2018.
B92059F6-7E40-461F-975B-83A6335ED27E.jpeg

And we got the last car!!

We walked on our next E-Ticket. The only time we stopped was to take this picture....
DA4D7A3F-932B-4F13-8415-CB69B155C6EF.jpeg

....which was a much better picture than this dorky ride photo.
FDB91335-73BE-41FD-89B7-EDF341958D29.jpeg

At least we weren’t in Row 6!

MissingDisney

Okay I need the link for the site...apparently I’m internet and google illiterate and can’t find it:oops:
d3tees.com
I actually saw @TrolleyFollower91 various shirts in the trip reports and loved them too! I zoomed into a couple of photos that showed the logo clearly and googled it. I’ve ordered a few a really like them. Highly recommend! I promise Em and @Tuvalu -not a stalker, just a friend. :joyfull:

Sillysidewalker

Tuesday, July 24

Today’s forecast had only a slight chance of rain....but as you will see, we got a bunch of it. :arghh:

We began the day early. MK opened at 8 am and we wanted to be there for rope drop. I got ready first and went to the Marketplace for coffee and muffins to-go. The bus wait time app was not showing arrival times so we had no idea until we got to the bus stop that we had just missed the bus.

We sat on a bench to wait.

View attachment 301651
Fooled ya with a flashback! (Although f a n n y packs are back in style. 😉)

Present day
View attachment 301652

My oldest son (seated beside me in the retro pic above) has always been a LEGO freak. His passion for those tiny bricks exists to this day. He needs this backpack for when he brings Tuvalette and Tuvaleen to the parks.

View attachment 301653

I sent him this photo. He replied to my text with, “I need one with actual studs so I can click all their stuff into me! 😆

We did not make it to MK until 8:15 am.

View attachment 301654

It wasn’t an issue since we were able to accomplish a lot before Mother Nature struck.

Love Em’s hat! I just started wearing hats so I need to expand my collection.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em and I continued our quest for the next E-Ticket with a short line.

987A2113-5C0F-4B79-A3F4-EDA48CD179A8.jpeg

15 minutes? More like ten, tops.

3A249EF8-3311-44EA-9CA8-0F37C4E306D4.jpeg

Ever noticed this bird in his nest? I hadn’t.
D11A8300-575E-40EB-9604-19A3FBDDD394.jpeg

On a related note, anyone know what DHATURA EXTRACT is?

4B596610-E0C3-4C79-B02D-4891C44872F9.jpeg

0881CF50-B378-4EA0-BDF9-9F40BFD1B8CD.jpeg

As guests began to board the boat (with assistance from the CMs at the front and back) our Skipper commented, “Don’t worry....they are trained in human Tetris.” :hilarious:

Two other beauties that I found funny ~
Approaching the giant python: “Once this guy gets a crush on you it’s really smothering.”
“The zebra is the oldest animal in the Jungle.....he’s still in black and white.”

It was a very entertaining cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom