Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

Nala06

I understand your struggle with giving up the Poly! It’s my “home” too but WL is winning me over, especially with the new pool. And the price difference between the two is noticeable. With the savings you could book the HEA dessert party....which I felt was totally worth the cost.
Thanks! Always appreciate the insight from someone who has been there a time or two (or 100! :joyfull:)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em wanted to go to Disney Springs. Since it was too early to take a direct bus there from Epcot, we pondered our transfer possibilities. We ruled out Uber since we wanted an adventure.

336E90E8-4FCD-4E00-919C-3B58F3A423AC.jpeg

We chose the first bus stop we came to.

13634BA7-768C-4B2B-9A07-80FEA32F968D.jpeg
Yep, Em was trying to catch me again!

The first slot was for POFQ. The second slot was for POR. We decided to board whichever bus came first and then take the boat to Disney Springs.

I caught Em!
A82423BB-5AB1-4358-9B66-0B0F447C4BAE.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
They definitely used to have the double ships in Peter Pan in Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom. We were in one when we were there for the 30th Anniversary.
Sorry but you are mistaken. I have been riding Peter Pan at WDW yearly since 1972 and the pirate ships have only ever had one row.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So we were on our way to Riverside! Upon further contemplation, we ruled out taking the boat to Disney Springs ~ the air-conditioned comfort of a bus seemed more preferable on this hot afternoon.

Our bus stopped at the West Depot, North Depot and East Depot before we got off at the South Depot (main entrance.) We expected the DS bus to depart directly from the South Depot.
5DC2303F-BAAC-4C1D-A1CF-1BED683EEDEE.jpeg

Upon boarding this bus we entered the Twilight Zone. Note the time....we had just gained two hours back! :joyfull:
24C367C3-3866-43C1-9B49-017B028FEC8B.jpeg

However we were about to lose 20 minutes of those “gained” two hours. For the bus did not immediately head for Disney Springs like we thought it would. Oh no....it made rounds to the West Depot, North Depot, East Depot AND (wait for it)....POFQ before continuing on to DS! :banghead:

“Let’s do the time warp again!!”

Well, at least we were in air-conditioning......

Finally we made it!
D22EF53D-D924-4A82-9DD2-F848B312ADF1.jpeg

Em had two places on her agenda and I had two on mine. We began with her first pick, Lilly Pulitzer. Her wallet stayed closed, but I had to open mine. 😉

Next up was my choice, Uniqlo. Tuvalette and Tuvaleen were the recipients of my purchases here. :inlove:

@Longers this was Em’s second pick.
8BA09678-C368-4DC8-B4FF-65E00C78158D.jpeg

F194A0A7-D964-4C9E-9881-7FE839248583.jpeg

While she enjoyed the sweet refreshment of this sea salt caramel sundae, I ran over to Earl’s for my sweet treat....a delectable chocolate chip cookie. Can I tell you how sad I was to see that the label on the package had been corrected and the cookie was no longer 1 calorie ?! 😉😂

Last edited:

WDWMPrincess

Sorry but you are mistaken. I have been riding Peter Pan at WDW yearly since 1972 and the pirate ships have only ever had one row.

All I can say is we had two adults and 4 children, two of whom were littler ones, on one boat somehow. The only reason I remember this was because I had purposely avoided looking at information about the rides. When we popped up over the top and there was Nana tied up by the house barking up at us I gasped loudly, pointed, and said "There's Nana!" in this amazed voice. The kids have made fun of me ever since for embarrassing them. According to them folks in other boats turned to stare at us.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
What did you get for the littles?
Pjs, leggings, shirts and a dress. Unfortunately the Disney apparel starts at size 3T which is still too big for Tuvalette.

All I can say is we had two adults and 4 children, two of whom were littler ones, on one boat somehow. The only reason I remember this was because I had purposely avoided looking at information about the rides. When we popped up over the top and there was Nana tied up by the house barking up at us I gasped loudly, pointed, and said "There's Nana!" in this amazed voice. The kids have made fun of me ever since for embarrassing them. According to them folks in other boats turned to stare at us.
According to the sign you could have been in a single boat....a tight squeeze! :in pain:
23B31911-B706-46DD-918D-BEF67148E549.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Dark clouds began to form in the distance and Em and I decided we should head to the bus stop, since we were not prepared to get caught in a downpour. We had only a short wait for a bus and were soon dropping off the packages in our room.

Woody was just finishing up a call. Em and I had an appointment and the still-dark sky was causing me to rethink our mode of transportation.

“Would you like me to drive you?” asked Woody.

“I don’t want to interrupt you,” I said.

“What better interruption than being a chauffeur for my two favorite ladies?” my hero replied.

Our better-than-Uber ride had us at our destination in no time! (We gave him 5 Stars.)

F0311772-D622-4BD2-9F91-055732CE0839.jpeg

Savvy readers know that the Tambu Lounge usually means.......

.......a WDWMagic meet!!

85EAA17C-DA94-4360-82E2-E11F71C3583D.jpeg

Em and I reunited with @riverside! 😊

We first met @riverside in December at (where else) Riverside! Although she had seen Em, Woody and me last summer at the Poly (with our Tambu drinks) but had been too shy to approach us. So it was fitting for us to have a face-to-face at the place where our paths initially crossed.

We also got to meet her significant other, her sister and her cute-as-a-button four year old nephew....who took an instant liking to Em!

Island Sunsets and Lapu Lapu
BDF9C33A-B5D0-4FA9-A578-8FBB8775AAE8.jpeg

It was such fun sharing our tales of our trips, upcoming plans and likes/dislikes of the parks. All too soon we said our goodbyes, as @riverside ‘s family had an ‘Ohana ADR.

And Em and I had another appointment to keep.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We didn’t have to go far ~ just down the stairs!

1A86627A-C000-4644-BF8B-ADBD2F601DFE.jpeg

Why settle for one Magic meet when you can have TWO?!!

BA315BB7-315D-44D8-A400-6F4A433FD501.jpeg

I’m sure many of you recognize @ajrwdwgirl 😊. She is a frequent Disney traveler (both coasts!) and graciously shares her trips with us. Currently she is on a two week WDW jaunt and I can’t wait to read all about it!

Amy and I have previously been on trips at the same time and have been thisclose to meeting (discovered after the fact :facepalm:). We were determined not to miss each other again!

Trader Sam’s was crowded but we lucked into a table as a foursome was departing. Amy mentioned it is a table she often sits at with her hubby. Today she was with a close friend and they had just arrived from a beach vacay. We ordered drinks, but none of them were the “special” drinks that cause fun things to happen at the Grog Grotto.

FC4B97CF-F071-4A29-9398-0B9D55B9E7DB.jpeg

However, thanks to other guests, we got to see many special effects. Em and I had only been to Trader Sam’s once before and did not remember all the antics, so it was like a new experience.

5F433EAA-2618-41A3-B20E-6B810CFD5F1C.jpeg

We had a great time chatting with Amy and her friend. Again, all too soon, we had to say our goodbyes. They had a California Grill ADR to make!

8B3A6182-C2CF-4056-8AB2-B0B31516E1F8.jpeg

The rain had finally started which altered our plans to walk to the Grand Floridian (where we were meeting Woody.) So we accompanied Amy and friend up to the monorail platform.....where we ran into @riverside and her family! It was one big WDWMagic meet!

93boomer

Premium Member
It was a little after 11 am as we made our way toward World Showcase. Em and I had talked earlier about where we wanted to eat, and we decided to have an early lunch to beat the crowds.

View attachment 296378
You can never go wrong with Mexican!

We ordered and Em went to find a table. Typically this outdoor pavilion fills up fast....and while La Hacienda does provide indoor seating for La Cantina guests at lunchtime, we really wanted to dine al fresco.

View attachment 296379

Empanadas Con Queso for Em
View attachment 296380

Tacos de Pollo for me
View attachment 296381

Everything was fresh and tasty! Next time I will request the slaw instead of black beans and rice ~ it was so delicious and I finished what Em didn’t eat.

View attachment 296382

View attachment 296383

My view:
View attachment 296384

Not so good view! Hopefully Ratatouille will blend in behind Morocco once the attraction is complete.
View attachment 296385
One of our fav places to eat! ❤️I will have to try that slaw next time!

93boomer

Premium Member
What happened next brought unspeakable joy to my heart.

WE GOT TO SEE THE MUPPET MOBILE LAB!!! 🎉

View attachment 296398

I had never witnessed this adorable duo live and it has been a must-see for me ever since it was first announced in 2016. Sadly no show times are ever published.....you need to be in the right place at the right time, and I NEVER was!

Today I WAS in the right place....but my timing was wrong. The show was just ending and Bunson and Beaker were on their way out.

But I managed to capture a couple more pictures.

Look over here, Dr. Bunson!
View attachment 296399

View attachment 296400

They continued to talk on their way into Innoventions. I loved it!
Ohh so happy you girls saw part of it! We have seen it once. It is never out when we are there. It is a cute show!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom