Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

eb3257

I have five year old twin boys and one of them LOVES the movie Inside Out and his favorite character is Sadness. We went to Epcot for the first time last year and he got to meet her and Joy (and Baymax who they both love). We did not tell them they were at Epcot and left it a surprise. He gave her the biggest hug and was so happy. We have the whole thing videotaped and the expression on their faces was priceless. This was the best part of our Epcot day so I loved seeing this. Does Em have the Joy and Sadness pins that come as a duo? My son was wearing Sadness and I was wearing Joy and both characters pointed to them. Beyond sweet!! :)

My other son loves Toy Story and got to meet Buzz at the Magic Kingdom. We really lucked out that their favorite characters were around!! So special.

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
Em’s favorite Disney character is not a member of the fab five or a princess. For the last three years she has felt a kinship with a character who shares similar personality traits.

Em has only met her once and I suggested she was due for another encounter.

View attachment 295637

You have a 50/50 shot at guessing which gal Em wanted to meet. Some of you may remember from previous reports.

It’s Sadness!
View attachment 295638

Joy balances Sadness. I relate to Joy. Can you see why Em and I are a happy mother/daughter duo?
View attachment 295639
Such a cute picture!!

dizfan917

POG is short for Pineapple, Orange, Guava juice. It is only served at a few places for breakfast on property (‘Ohana, Tusker House and 1900 Park Fare come to mind) and can be addictive for those who like it. (I believe it is also an important ingredient in @lostpro9het ‘s Castaway Cocktail.)

There is no alcohol available at the HEA dessert party.

I also experienced POG juice at the Hampton Inn in Sandy, UT just outside of Salt Lake City last week. I thought of you immediately, Toov! I thought it was a Polynesian Village exclusive!

MegRuss626

Em’s favorite Disney character is not a member of the fab five or a princess. For the last three years she has felt a kinship with a character who shares similar personality traits.

Em has only met her once and I suggested she was due for another encounter.

View attachment 295637

You have a 50/50 shot at guessing which gal Em wanted to meet. Some of you may remember from previous reports.

It’s Sadness!
View attachment 295638

Joy balances Sadness. I relate to Joy. Can you see why Em and I are a happy mother/daughter duo?
View attachment 295639

I join Em in the sadness fan club! I just love her! I have a soft spot for the movie too...I was going through some sad/crappy adult-y life stuff when it came out and the message at the end really stuck with me - sometimes you have to be sad to be happy again. I may or may not have been a blubbering mess at the drive-in that evening.... 🤷🏻‍♀️

fractal

Woody grew up camping with his family (they had a trailer) but they never went to WDW.
I grew up going to WDW with my family but we never went camping.
When Woody married me his camping days were over....but his WDW days were beginning. 😉
I have absolutely no desire to camp ~ in a tent, trailer or Ft. Wilderness cabin. So the internal bus system at Ft. Wilderness is not a deal breaker for me, as I would NEVER stay there.

A couple weeks ago I got a “fun” survey from Chase Visa which asked questions about my “vacation style” using Disney characters in a multiple choice format. I think there were 7 total questions and then my responses were tabulated to discern my “Dream” Disney Resort.

I almost choked when I saw it.

View attachment 295492
Never. Gonna. Happen.
That's funny!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I also experienced POG juice at the Hampton Inn in Sandy, UT just outside of Salt Lake City last week. I thought of you immediately, Toov! I thought it was a Polynesian Village exclusive!
While I wouldn't want to travel to Utah to get it, it's good to know POG juice exists beyond Disney's magical gates!

Just enjoyed an evening of binge-reading your trip report. Don’t know how I managed to get so behind! Really getting me excited for our August trip.
Welcome, @Fankle :happy:. Hope you have a wonderful vacation next month!

Oh man we used to love going to the lake before we got married! Would love to own a lake house one of these days, though I don't see us ever making enough money to own two houses :joyfull: A girl can dream! You really can't beat a good sunset over water. :inlove:
Never say never! And I agree about sunsets over water.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

On our way to FP #2 it was imperative that we “selfie” (I can use that as a verb, right?) at the bubblegum wall.
F117BDE8-1100-45B3-886D-67DC3827F5BC.jpeg

The FP line was at a standstill and I noticed that Em’s hat paired well with the wall behind her and created a nice blue aura. (Auras can have colors, right?)

037747E6-94BA-467D-BC7D-8605254AEE31.jpeg

The FP line took for...ev...er. The omnimover in SSE was moving at a snail’s pace which likely explained the backup. It was probably the slowest time travel journey we’d ever had. After I was home I read similar complaints and the ride had actually broken down after we’d gotten off, requiring other guests to be evacuated. (As cool as it would have been to be evac’ed, I’m glad we weren’t.)

971888F5-B69B-41DC-83EA-2698F6037F32.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was a little after 11 am as we made our way toward World Showcase. Em and I had talked earlier about where we wanted to eat, and we decided to have an early lunch to beat the crowds.

E85FEDD2-0643-40EF-BCF4-65961A184052.jpeg

You can never go wrong with Mexican!

We ordered and Em went to find a table. Typically this outdoor pavilion fills up fast....and while La Hacienda does provide indoor seating for La Cantina guests at lunchtime, we really wanted to dine al fresco.

D3B24B35-C91D-4B4B-A038-FA77B880D7DD.jpeg

Empanadas Con Queso for Em
DA274F0F-D2BF-45E6-AC0B-02FFE0BD27BD.jpeg

Tacos de Pollo for me
42059267-E4B1-410F-9973-8FD2911E7272.jpeg

Everything was fresh and tasty! Next time I will request the slaw instead of black beans and rice ~ it was so delicious and I finished what Em didn’t eat.

C163A05E-DFD3-4AD2-BB46-18661D6F4F34.jpeg

B2CAB8F4-EDF2-4C2B-BF8C-3A8C2C5D8457.jpeg

My view:
345CB0F0-51E1-41A2-AD0C-142F74680CCA.jpeg

Not so good view! Hopefully Ratatouille will blend in behind Morocco once the attraction is complete.
04FAF30F-C71D-404D-ADFF-0B8D97703B85.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
There was a slight breeze off the water as Em and I ate lunch. But it was sticky humid and the temperature was soaring to the high 90s.

“I don’t think I’m up for making the walk around World Showcase,” Em announced. “It’s just too hot.”

I agreed. I suggested we use our Frozen Ever After FP and then leave the park.

CF670552-67FE-475F-BFC2-098B104711E9.jpeg

EB5E4D79-746C-465C-9F76-CAAA357931C5.jpeg

Check out the little girl’s facial expression in front!

Since we had to walk past Mexico anyway, we popped in to say hi to the Three Caballeros.....and found ourselves some #ShirleyStatus.
7D006FC9-9099-4696-AB8C-58E2848DD348.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
What happened next brought unspeakable joy to my heart.

WE GOT TO SEE THE MUPPET MOBILE LAB!!! 🎉

FC3C435F-8272-49E5-9BC0-070A6509DE27.jpeg

I had never witnessed this adorable duo live and it has been a must-see for me ever since it was first announced in 2016. Sadly no show times are ever published.....you need to be in the right place at the right time, and I NEVER was!

Today I WAS in the right place....but my timing was wrong. The show was just ending and Bunson and Beaker were on their way out.

But I managed to capture a couple more pictures.

Look over here, Dr. Bunson!
9C089847-9CBD-4820-A4AA-BC575CD7B573.jpeg

19E53185-F5A6-42B7-B8DF-BDE7CE91D091.jpeg

They continued to talk on their way into Innoventions. I loved it!

Nala06

Love the report as always! This has me second guessing some choices for our next trip in the spring. We are currently booked at the Poly because it's our favorite, but we could save a good chunk of change with a "magical deal" at the Wilderness Lodge. I am hesitant because our stay their last November left me disappointed. But your recent stay has me reconsidering...

Also I never thought I would want to do a dessert party. The food looks way better than it used to though! Ooey goey toffee cake with ice cream? Yes please. Would you say the cost felt worth it??

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Love the report as always! This has me second guessing some choices for our next trip in the spring. We are currently booked at the Poly because it's our favorite, but we could save a good chunk of change with a "magical deal" at the Wilderness Lodge. I am hesitant because our stay their last November left me disappointed. But your recent stay has me reconsidering...

Also I never thought I would want to do a dessert party. The food looks way better than it used to though! Ooey goey toffee cake with ice cream? Yes please. Would you say the cost felt worth it??
I understand your struggle with giving up the Poly! It’s my “home” too but WL is winning me over, especially with the new pool. And the price difference between the two is noticeable. With the savings you could book the HEA dessert party....which I felt was totally worth the cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom