Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

RachelP6877

No worries. :inlove:
We bring ours because we can't afford 3 trips in one summer. We also can only afford a day or 2. It holds our stuff (we stay off property) and extra clothes for us (family of 4 our kids are 7 &9) we do the whole day because we don't get 14 rides on thunder mountain, next week we are going and my husband will be getting a electric scooter He just was gutted open to remove his aggressive cancerous tumor had about 100 staples from his b o o b s to his groin. It wasn't able to be removed. He looks great IMO I hope people like you won't judge. We are just trying to make memories while we can. I dream of just having some of your problems

Rista1313

We bring ours because we can't afford 3 trips in one summer. We also can only afford a day or 2. It holds our stuff (we stay off property) and extra clothes for us (family of 4 our kids are 7 &9) we do the whole day because we don't get 14 rides on thunder mountain, next week we are going and my husband will be getting a electric scooter He just was gutted open to remove his aggressive cancerous tumor had about 100 staples from his b o o b s to his groin. It wasn't able to be removed. He looks great IMO I hope people like you won't judge. We are just trying to make memories while we can. I dream of just having some of your problems

Wow... sounds like you're a bit judgmental yourself.

Last edited:

RachelP6877

Just making the point that you don't know what someone may be going through . What am I judging? Her complaining about another family? Then yes I guess I am. Maybe one of those kids was just diagnosed with terminal cancer it wouldn't show just yet. I'm just saying you never know enjoy your trip don't judge people unless you know the facts.

Rista1313

Just making the point that you don't know what someone may be going through . What am I judging? Her complaining about another family? Then yes I guess I am. Maybe one of those kids was just diagnosed with terminal cancer it wouldn't show just yet. I'm just saying you never know enjoy your trip don't judge people unless you know the facts.

You are judging the fact that she is able to go to Disney often. It's ugly jealousy.

I'm sorry your family is going thru a crisis. I do know what that is like as my husband uses a scooter in the parks and looks perfectly fine.

However Tuvalu is one of the kindest most enjoyable person I have met on these boards and I find you taking your jealousy and stress out on her very rude.

I do not wish to take over her trip report, because I would like her to be able to finish it in peace. So I will not be responding to any further comments from you.

RachelP6877

I'm sorry this may came across wrong. I love her trip reports. Also she most CERTAINLY deserving of her vacations. My point is that others may not be as fortunate it may be their one in a lifetime trip, or the last one before their husband dies and leaves behind a wife and 2 young children

krause

To paraphrase @Zipitidoda - this is a happy place, if you want to be negative head over to the other boards :hilarious:

The rest of us who only get to go once every few years enjoy living vicariously through @Tuvalu and her many trips, on which she sees many, many people abusing the system and I’m sure has developed an intuition for those who are truly in need of the extra services such as your husband, @Figment Forever , @Matt and Kelly to name a few.

No one is forcing you to read this. Please be kind.

RachelP6877

I really don't think I was being mean. Just making a statement I love her reports just saying not all is what it seems. Also currently my husband looks incredibly well! Praise the lord.....but he's not and we are already nervous about being judged. Like we used to judge as well. You can't always see disease or heart break

Songbird76

Wednesday, con’t

After waving goodbye to Ariel and Eric we decided to take our last MPB ride of 2018. Can I say just how :cry: we are that there will be no grand circle tours for a long time?!! Getting a “photo op” with a train parked at the Main Street Station is not even close to riding the rails.

And it’s all because of........
View attachment 320093

Thanks to @amjt660 ’s report of his trip to Shanghai Disneyland, I learned all about Tron. It seems like an amazing attraction and will likely end up as the “Flight of Passage” of MK....hours-long standby line, hard-to-get FP, lots of press and social media chatter. I hope I am able to ride it, but motion sensitivity may prevent me. So I am not overly excited for Tron’s arrival, which makes losing the MPB for a time harder to bear.

When we got to the Fantasyland Station a CM told us the train was not operating. Well, if we couldn’t ride the MPB, we could still ride the MPB 2.0! We began to walk the smoker’s path to Tomorrowland.

View attachment 320096

Suddenly we heard a familiar Toot! Toot! and turned to see this ~
View attachment 320094

All the cars were empty!
View attachment 320095
I'm really indifferent to Tron. I can't do coasters, so I won't be able to ride it, but DH wishes it was open now. The one good thing about it is that it will be one more huge attraction to take the pressure off some of my favorites, like Carrots, so those will be less busy and I can ride those more often. But it's a bummer that MPB is closed. I'm going to get my train fix on the Hogwarts Express next Summer...I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, so it's right up my alley. But for those who don't do Universal, or who aren't HP fans, I can imagine it's not a great substitute.

Songbird76

I think the harsh reality is that there are going to be people who judge, and there are going to be people who abuse the system, and there are going to be people who really do need certain things. I worry about being judged next summer, because my son has Autism, but you can't tell just by looking at him. He seems perfectly fine until he does something strange, and then people judge because they don't know why he's acting like a toddler. But we are never going to see those people at Disney ever again...let them judge. They don't know us, and they've obviously had different experiences that color their perceptions than the experiences that color mine. And that's ok. I don't think any of us here mean to be judgmental...we just don't know each other and we don't know all the behind-the-scenes stuff. No one means to be offensive. I suggest we just enjoy reading about each others' trips and living vicariously...and feel lucky there are Tuvalus on this forum to share their trips with us so we CAN live vicariously. It's one of my favorite things about being on this forum.

PS. sorry about your husband, @RachelP6877 . I hope you all enjoy your trip.

Rista1313

I think the harsh reality is that there are going to be people who judge, and there are going to be people who abuse the system, and there are going to be people who really do need certain things. I worry about being judged next summer, because my son has Autism, but you can't tell just by looking at him. He seems perfectly fine until he does something strange, and then people judge because they don't know why he's acting like a toddler. But we are never going to see those people at Disney ever again...let them judge. They don't know us, and they've obviously had different experiences that color their perceptions than the experiences that color mine. And that's ok. I don't think any of us here mean to be judgmental...we just don't know each other and we don't know all the behind-the-scenes stuff. No one means to be offensive. I suggest we just enjoy reading about each others' trips and living vicariously...and feel lucky there are Tuvalus on this forum to share their trips with us so we CAN live vicariously. It's one of my favorite things about being on this forum.

PS. sorry about your husband, @RachelP6877 . I hope you all enjoy your trip.

Well said.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

Woody and I wanted to have a big mid-day meal since we’d be traveling home over the dinner hour. Originally, when we thought we’d be spending the day at Epcot, we had an ADR for Garden Grill. I canceled that last night and was happy to find availability here ~

6302DF77-FBC5-43A7-93A1-839FE56C12AE.jpeg

I could still get my turkey, and while we’d miss GG’S berry shortcake we would not be lacking in the dessert category. 😉

I checked us in and we sat in the festive lobby before being called to lunch.

760DEF71-D31B-4240-9786-8B837BB25456.jpeg

The hostess led us to a table for two beside the staircase. She never mentioned the name of the dining room (which they usually do.)

165C7622-227A-4ED4-B87E-79568D7B0CE6.jpeg

Lots of wood paneling.....I was a little claustrophobic.

When our server came over I recognized her from a previous visit. She had been a bit snarly that day and I was concerned she would not allow me to order the turkey today because the Pilgrim’s Feast is not an official menu item.

My fear was unfounded.
76BEA2E8-4EAC-4491-8877-5FA34353F2FC.jpeg

Although she still was a bit curt, especially when she announced that straws are only given upon request. I asked for a straw; Woody did not.

He’s a braised meat and potato guy and had the pot roast.
12F1E3C1-292E-463E-A81E-5FC482AED17A.jpeg

All the food was good and we stuffed ourselves....but still saved a tiny bit of room to share the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.

3B4CE129-2567-4990-84AF-3EAAB480DD80.jpeg

WANT. SOME. NOW. :hungry:

Tuvalu

Original Poster
We still had a bonus FP to use but the ominous sky made us consider moving towards the exit rather than criss-crossing the park. There was a PP photographer hanging out near the hub so we stopped for a quick pic.

7A7BF76E-C686-4519-B2BC-801EBA285144.jpeg

A final goodbye to Cinderella Castle. Next time we see her, she’ll be draped in icicle lights. :inlove:

78B4BDED-8372-4C8E-8219-596F828AB43F.jpeg

I asked Woody if we could pop into the Emporium to get the pjs (pictured earlier) for Tuvaleen. I was so happy to find her size and we even found a retro T-shirt for Woody. Before leaving the store I had to get pictures of the Fab Four in their autumn garb.

A2BF0D3D-7471-4CF7-AED5-49FCCC945EDE.jpeg

DDC967FF-3B1E-4EF6-A26F-3F0ACEB1ED98.jpeg

D5E789CF-DA05-45F5-AA3E-A3DADFD80E7E.jpeg

In 2013, Mickey and Minnie were window displays.

2FEE6AE4-2C55-4C5C-A1E0-A60C3D7EC85B.jpeg

2B455ACF-DA9C-4B04-8524-B91578B194AF.jpeg

Their costumes still hold up well after 5 years!

amjt660

Premium Member
Okay so first off I am truly sorry for the difficulties you are faced with and I think it is great that you can still experience Disney (no matter what steps you have to take to do it!!)

And I know that I am personally guilty of observing a situation and making a judgement while not having all the facts

However please go back and read through your post above- to me it is an attack

You mention
1) the number of times @Tuvalu went to wdw this summer
2) the number of times on big thunder
3) called her a “people like you that judge”
4) then minimized her problems by saying you “dream about having just having some of her problems “

So in a nutshell you did the exact thing to her that got you upset in the first place

Please take a look in the mirror

I truly hope you and your husband and family have a great visit and that things get better for you in the very near future

Max

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom