Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, con’t

Woody and I sat on our loungers for a few minutes to air-dry before packing up to transfer to the quiet pool. If you recall this was the view from our chairs ~
FBA59C3F-33F8-4C4A-BDA7-CCD3BC60FF37.jpeg

However we could also see a lot of the pool deck area to the left of the picture above.

D2BF21A4-DB27-4F54-87A6-96464988D546.jpeg

The following story is not about the gentleman in the blue bathing suit nor the one in the orange suit. The incident we witnessed happened a few feet closer to the pool from where they’re standing....in other words, in a very visible location in the middle of the entry area to the pool.

There was a family of 4 ~ Mom, Dad and two daughters who looked between 7-9 years old ~ who decided to use that space as their personal changing area. I happened to glance over just as the girls had transitioned from bathing suits to birthday suits. Mom tossed them underwear and sundresses which they proceeded to put on.

My first thought was, Don’t they realize that there are TWO sets of bathrooms (one under the pool waterfall and one directly behind Woody and me) mere steps from where they are standing?!! My second thought was, What poor parental judgment to allow their daughters to be nude in the sight of strangers!

Just when I thought I’d seen the worst of it, Dad grabbed a white pool towel from a nearby chair (which held all their stuff) and positioned it around his waist. Mom grabbed both ends of the towel and tried to hold it steady while Dad shimmied out of his trunks (quite the feat). Mom produced a pair of black Jockeys which Dad attempted to put on while Mom continued to hold the towel (which did not totally cover things if you get my drift). Once the black Jockeys covered the man parts, Mom dropped the towel. Dad then retrieved his shorts from the chair and pulled them on. He then put on his shirt while Mom (who was wearing clothes, not swimwear) gathered up their belongings from the chair. The family then went on their merry way.

I could not make this stuff up.

DisneyGigi

Sunday, con’t

Woody and I sat on our loungers for a few minutes to air-dry before packing up to transfer to the quiet pool. If you recall this was the view from our chairs ~
View attachment 315105

However we could also see a lot of the pool deck area to the left of the picture above.

View attachment 315104

The following story is not about the gentleman in the blue bathing suit nor the one in the orange suit. The incident we witnessed happened a few feet closer to the pool from where they’re standing....in other words, in a very visible location in the middle of the entry area to the pool.

There was a family of 4 ~ Mom, Dad and two daughters who looked between 7-9 years old ~ who decided to use that space as their personal changing area. I happened to glance over just as the girls had transitioned from bathing suits to birthday suits. Mom tossed them underwear and sundresses which they proceeded to put on.

My first thought was, Don’t they realize that there are TWO sets of bathrooms (one under the pool waterfall and one directly behind Woody and me) mere steps from where they are standing?!! My second thought was, What poor parental judgment to allow their daughters to be nude in the sight of strangers!

Just when I thought I’d seen the worst of it, Dad grabbed a white pool towel from a nearby chair (which held all their stuff) and positioned it around his waist. Mom grabbed both ends of the towel and tried to hold it steady while Dad shimmied out of his trunks (quite the feat). Mom produced a pair of black Jockeys which Dad attempted to put on while Mom continued to hold the towel (which did not totally cover things if you get my drift). Once the black Jockeys covered the man parts, Mom dropped the towel. Dad then retrieved his shorts from the chair and pulled them on. He then put on his shirt while Mom (who was wearing clothes, not swimwear) gathered up their belongings from the chair. The family then went on their merry way.

😑😵 Doesn’t it make you wonder what is wrong with some people?

krisri18

Sunday, con’t

View attachment 315105

View attachment 315104

Unscheduled poolside entertainment?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sunday, con’t

View attachment 315105

View attachment 315104

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

You see the weirdest stuff at WDW!

LeighM

Wow that whole story makes my "man bits" one pale in comparison LOL. My Mom was old school and didn't even let me change clothes in front of my male relatives past the toddler age. That would have definitely mortified me when I was 9 years. I understand that not everyone feels that strongly about nudity but there are some freaks out there and I would never want to expose children to them. Wow!!! I hope no one took pictures of the girls while they were changing. You can't help but think that way nowadays.

PeakSeason

I had to laugh at your PDN experience. I didn't put this in my own trip report but I reminded me of what my husband and I saw. We were in HS standing off to the side after the Stormtrooper march waiting for the FP for TSM. You know when you're looking at someone or something and you can't put your finger on what's not right in your line of sight? That's what I was experiencing when I noticed a very large man sitting across from me. And the crotch of his shorts was ripped open and it didn't look like he was wearing underwear because he had parts hanging out. It was so humid that day and I don't think there was a draft for him to feel because he had no idea that he was exposed. I had no idea how to tell him and my husband refused to discuss it with the poor man LOL.
An unfortunate child with a medical condition that requires constant vigilance and attention reminds you of an overweight person with no regard for personal modesty or manners?

PeakSeason

😑😵 Doesn’t it make you wonder what is wrong with some people?
It makes me wonder why some people spend so much time sitting around observing and JUDGING other people. Mind your own business. Enjoy the people you're on vacation with, or read a book. They weren't bothering you.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Sunday, con’t

View attachment 315105

View attachment 315104

Sadly this isn't unusual. As I've said both of my adult kids have managed a waterpark up here, my DD still does part time in the summer. She has become very good at confronting nude children and adults that have that too bad for the rest of the world as I expose myself or my children. She informs them about people with cameras on their phones and any form of nude is not tolerated and will be ejected from the park. She has similar issues with people changing babies diapers on table tops within the waterpark. Clueless to those with cameras or health issues with that. Stupid people.

meggo819

It makes me wonder why some people spend so much time sitting around observing and JUDGING other people.

And yet, here you are doing the same thing...

an overweight person with no regard for personal modesty or manners?

You’re okay with the people intentionally stripping, but the guy who was accidentally exposing himself has no modesty or manners?

Zipadeelady

An unfortunate child with a medical condition that requires constant vigilance and attention reminds you of an overweight person with no regard for personal modesty or manners?
It makes me wonder why some people spend so much time sitting around observing and JUDGING other people. Mind your own business. Enjoy the people you're on vacation with, or read a book. They weren't bothering you.
No, NO.

This is a happy place go back to News and Rumors.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, con’t

We were fortunate to find several available loungers at the Oasis (quiet) pool.

C5E2A25E-F018-4EC5-A88C-5C1400C148F3.jpeg

Woody claimed his shady spot and read. The cool blue water was calling me so in I went.

27147D9B-CC32-494E-BBEF-D14DD23E5E48.jpeg

I wasn’t in the pool long before I realized how hungry I was. It was early afternoon and we still hadn’t eaten lunch. I figured we could get take-out from the Oasis Grill, like we had done on previous visits.

0F862020-EDDA-46E3-8663-6B0D9F000786.jpeg

ED81169B-A96F-49BB-92BD-10C2426601CE.jpeg

But there had been a big change since then.

E854ECCA-7142-4B77-BABE-4FD2A6C2F8EB.jpeg

WTH??!!

Seems the Oasis Grill has done away with the walk up window, similar to the change that was made at Geyser Point at the WL....a quick service that is now table service. Not happy with this!

Well, if we were going to have to tip a server to bring us our food we might as well order from the comfort of our loungers.

Except no server was making the rounds.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We found a table and waited.
And waited.
And waited.

B0F24663-CE2F-475F-9FE5-8FD0F5A64FA7.jpeg

As we waited, we noticed there were only TWO servers ~ both working the entire pool area. Of course the minute we’d left our loungers we saw a server delivering food to folks adjacent to our chairs. :banghead: And now that we were at a table the remaining server was running back and forth to the kitchen for food.

Disney, if you are going to eliminate self-serve......STAFF for full serve!

5D80A87A-BDE9-4EF3-AEBE-9BDE2F4BDD7A.jpeg

The server was out of breath when she came to our table. We ordered waters and Cokes as she dropped menus for us.

05A644FB-5BF2-4ECA-BD71-3698FE50B0C5.jpeg

0E890C3A-E1C9-4E97-BD0E-E4C276BC4E52.jpeg

4ECC5935-D428-48A8-BD29-408AA11A5115.jpeg

She returned with our drinks in small plastic cups from the bar. I was expecting the usual Disney-themed paper cups, since the self-serve beverage fountain/mug refill station is still at the far end of the facility.

I don’t care for Coke from a bar. The carbonation is never correct making the Coke tastes flat. (Yes I am very particular over the taste of Coke....and nothing beats Coke from McDonald’s.)

I would have preferred being given a paper cup and getting my own Coke from the beverage station, but the Oasis doesn’t “do that.” (Odd since that is exactly what Capt. Cook’s does.)

Our meals arrived in take-out containers.

ED2863F5-F3EB-431C-92A3-0B66B4E3FFE6.jpeg

We both ordered the grilled chicken avocado wrap. It was freshly prepared and very good.

It just bugged me to tip for counter service food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom