The neon finale of the Main Street Electrical Parade

mharrington

Original Poster
When the Main Street Electrical Parade premiered at WDW in 1977 (and returned to Disneyland that same year), it featured a different finale than the To Honor America one. It was this one called the Disney Neon Finale, and it featured "a menagerie of swirling mirrors featuring neon-lit Disney characters," in the words of another thread here. According to resources, the music is the following:

• When You Wish Upon a Star
  • Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah
  • Whistle While You Work
  • Mickey Mouse Club March
  • Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf
  • Heigh-Ho

I have a question: does anyone know what all of the floats are and what all the characters are on there?

spectrodanny

've always found it interesting how while Disneyland had it in the parade in '77 & '78,WDW only used it in '77 w/ Elliot being the finale in Florida in '78

rodserling27

Great photos and videos. I kind of wish MSEP still had the Neon Finale in some way, looks pretty neat. (and the small world floats of course).

mharrington

Original Poster
've always found it interesting how while Disneyland had it in the parade in '77 & '78,WDW only used it in '77 w/ Elliot being the finale in Florida in '78

Really? I never knew that Florida's version once ended with Elliot the dragon. It did in France, but I don't remember it like that in Florida, too.

spectrodanny

and since my original post, I discovered the float was in both versions for both '77 &'78. perhaps because Florida's parade ran year round they had already bulled the Neon Finale from their version since the drive unit and black bases on the float itself were being rexcycled for the To honor America unit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom