The Neighbor Lady and TP2000 Walk Into a Bar...

eddie104

awesome post. Sad that WDI is so out of touch. I can't believe puny DLR makes more total profit than WDW. Maybe the margins are better and that's what she means but there is no way it makes more total profit.
We don't know how much profit any of the Disney parks make...it's all based on conjecture and some insider knowledge but nobody is going to reveal the actual spreadsheets.

BrianLo

Spirit mentioned George Kalogridis fought to keep ToT open because that park would have lost too much capacity as TSL and GE were under construction.

I assume George fighting hard was leaking it to him. I don't know how much traction it ever held beyond Disneyland though, really. I always assumed it was a Disneyland project with an asterisks of maybe for WDW.

He was beating that horse long after it was clearly dead though. So I'm not sure how reliable (or perhaps up to date) his later years info really was.

@GiveMeTheMusic kept stating she had only heard about it in the context of Disneyland and Martin very quickly was saying it was an Epcot project, which Spirit vehemently denied.

GiveMeTheMusic

I assume George fighting hard was leaking it to him. I don't know how much traction it ever held beyond Disneyland though, really. I always assumed it was a Disneyland project with an asterisks of maybe for WDW.

He was beating that horse long after it was clearly dead though. So I'm not sure how reliable (or perhaps up to date) his later years info really was.

@GiveMeTheMusic kept stating she had only heard about it in the context of Disneyland and Martin very quickly was saying it was an Epcot project, which Spirit vehemently denied.

It's not unreasonable to think Chapek or someone else would have envisioned GOTG being replicated at DHS and WDS. DHS' TOT is a bit resistant to the concept though with its unique double shaft layout. No doubt a number of screens could have solved that issue!

Regardless, the idea to clone GOTG at DHS and WDS was a bad one. Kalogridis would have been smart to fight back against the idea, and no doubt Marvel's own political clout advocating unique attractions at each resort had something to do with it as well.

Darkbeer1

Wow, that's a lot to take in. Thank you for making the time to update us. I look forward to hearing some of the stories you can't tell right now! Despite our political disagreements and how we diverge over how to put some of our shared values into real-world practice, I am so grateful for your insights and information. Your experience and connections add so much to our understanding and appreciation of the Disney Universe.

First off, thank you so much for your comments.

It is after 2 AM, but I finally have a weekend off. Alas, it is filled with chores and similar things, like taking the car for servicing.

I was in a office today, and it was a bit slow, so it was ask about the consultant (aka me) to have something new to discuss.

And it was amazing, I realized I never really have applied for a job.

My first job was when I was 12. Got a work permit for weekend and summer work at my Mom's Medical Laboratory. Got minimum wage, $1 per hour back then. But got a raise with a year. The Federal Minimum wage was raised to $1.85 per hour, the biggest percentage wage I ever got!.

Ended up in Military School. Interesting story. My father bet on the Irish Sweepstakes while working in Europe, and was a fairly big winner (No, not the grand prize). But he couldn't claim the prize as an US citizen. So my Uncle in Canada claimed it, and since Canada is still connected to Britain, no problem. And the deal was that My Uncle would cover the costs of my education.

I already had the skills of getting to know people, and stand out of the crowd a bit, but not aggressively. But Military School helped refine it. In my school of 300 7-12 graders, my senior class was 40. I had many "celebrity kids" in my class, including Barry White Jr. (Yes, Dad attended graduation, and on a warm June day, wearing one of his famous robes, lots of gold, and a couple of attractive ladies in tow.... A son of one of the Tonight Show band members. (Ironic, in my Senior year, the Band Teacher broke his hip, so I ended up teaching the class!) also a prince of Thailand.

Add to that an Aunt and Uncle that lived in Burbank. My Uncle started at the CBC (Canada) as a Cameraman, and was hired by ABC, and later became a senior Editor who won an Emmy. My Aunt ended up being a Talent Agent. One Christmas, there was a famous Celebrity (female) that came over for the day. After Dinner, we (my cousins and I) could hear her throwing up, aka purging...)

So I have never been afraid to approach someone just because of their status. I hope I am not surprising anyone, we are ALL Humans. My style is just treat them like anyone else, and not focus the discussion on them or myself, but about what is going on at the event or current events.

I also love to learn new things, so I was involded with the San Diego Science and Engineering Fair, first as a contestant, then a member of the board and working for them (The newspaper paid the bills) as a educator that went to schools for a day to try and teach the students the basics to start a project.

One day at the Del Mar Fair, ended up talking to the local Jazz Station booth. After a few minutes, I was offered a job on the weekends working the board and read some copy. (The "host" pre-recorded the cues that ran between the songs). That host was Larry Himmel, who worked for one of the TV Stations.

Around the same time, I ended up working for a saloon. They hosted Hermit Crab Races on Monday Nights which I attended. After awhile, they asked me to run the event. Then I started working more, ended up the Marketing Director for the location, which was part of a chain (Grand American Fare, owned my a group of Western Airline Pilots that wanted places to hang out in cities they flew to), every location has a different name, since we didn't really want folks to think that ;) I got assigned to the "spotter" team, which sent me to all the locations to be undercover and make sure the bartenders weren't stealing by overpouring or giving away free drinks. So I got paid to drink and flirt with customers so I wouldn't stick out.... The chain dissolved, and ended up becoming one of the owners of the San Diego Location (across the street from the Sports Arena). So since we sponsored the Sports Teams, and worked with the Swap Meet on the parking lot, never needed a ticket for any event. I remember watching Frank Sinatra in the round from the Press Box.

Anyway, at the same time, Larry Himmel was hosting a show called "San Diego at Large", and had a running segment called The Adventures of Biff and Skippy, which also had Rick Rockwell, the "millionaire" from Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire that was on Fox. Anyways, I ended up being on the show was a secondary character and some segments was filmed at the bar.

Around this time, my tax business was growing, mainly from people I met. My clients included professional athletes from the San Diego Sports Arena teams, which included doing multiple state returns due to their travel (not easy), Navy SEAL members (the Saloon had a large Navy Clientele), some celebrities, but no A listers and even ended up doing some exotic dancers (The salon worked with a nearby Strip Bar in regards to things like supplies and needing change (such as dollar bills on Sundays). And we exchanged fee drinks and food to each other). I remember when a group of Saloon employees went as a group... I helped one of our female bartenders.. I think the only thing she saw of the place was the carpet!). Also ended up doing some ladies who lived in town, but worked at a Nevada Brothel. Those were some interesting expense deductions. Got an offer to visit the Ranch, but never went.

All this before I was 30.

A good Friend of my Father died, and wanted to be married in his home country, Poland. (My father was born in Poland, and escaped with his two brothers during World War II and as refuges, ended up in Canada and given citizenship). His friend was a long time Merchant Marine, so my dad arranged for his remains to be shipped to Europe from Hawaii. Of course, the Ships handled it with respect, though it was a long journey. I was invited to fly to Europe with my parents, which ended up to become 10 days in Moscow to visit family friends and a month in Poland. Way too many stories to tell about that trip.

But I bring it up because a former Boss of mine asked me to join him in a new venture, the franchise for San Diego County Johnny Rockets. Well, it was just before this trip, like a week before. So I went to meet the owners, and basically was offered the position of Business Manager for the chain, which was about to open its first location. Well, I told them that I would consider it when I came back from Europe. They didn't want to wait, and we had a signed contract before I left, with the condition of starting when I returned.

While at that job, I met a few celebrities including Jon Lovitz, which ended up being a casual friend, and ended up serving Janet Jackson. By that time I became General Manager and at the La Jolla store. None of the servers wanted to deal with the group, so I served them. After Dinner, at the register, the person paying stated she was really surprised, she hardly ever gives her order directly. But I treated the group equally, started with one end (They were sitting at the counter) and went down in order, treating everyone the same).

Remember, I was still preparing taxes and had the minority interest in the Saloon, which I visited regularly and chipped in.

The JR franchise was sold to new owners, who wanted to do things themselves instead of the hands off investors, so the first time I was fired/let go. Got a nice severance check and extended medical coverage.

At this time, worked more at the saloon plus ended up taking an offer to merge my tax preparation with H&R Block Premium Services, which gave me a year round tax job which included a lot of instruction work, plus handling audits from all the regular stores. Also a very nice check for merging. This also had me doing work on a morning news show as an expert, and other TV work including live reports in the evening.

The Sports Arena lost their Hockey Team and was struggling for events, as SDSU built a rival arena. We decided the Saloon was too big to keep open (our capacity was over 300), the overhead was too much for only a couple of concerts a month). We sold the property, which was going to be an Extension for Tower Records, but they also fell onto hard times, and the location is now a tire shop.

So now Taxes was my main job, but of course, I was used to doing many things at once.

And I was going into the Theme Park angle, and how it merged, but now almost 4 AM.

So let me wrap up.. Lisa and I went out to Dinner and a Movie tonight, and I got this fortune. "Behind an able man, there are always other able men". And that is so true, though maybe we should replace men with persons.

Any successful person knows you need to network and always treat others with respect and being helpful.

Amazing to say that about 18 months ago I died. Yes, my body completely shut down, and machines kept me alive for over two weeks while I was in a coma. I luckily came out of it, though had some serious issues that had me in the hospital and nursing home for awhile. I am not 100%, but my Doctors and other great health professionals have been shocked at my improvement, which continues. So never give up, keep moving forward!

Ironic, the job offers that I have received in the last 12 months. Guess God wants to keep challenging me.

But it has also taught me that I am where I am today because of others, from my friends who helped deal with my tax clients while I was out of commission, to my wife who declined pulling the plug, to all the Health professionals, and all my friends and acquaintances who stood with me.

I now have two part time administrators to keep me sane. Also lucky enough that folks look to me for knowledge, much of which can be done by phone, video chats and/or e-mails.

But it seems like work during the day, meetings at night and on weekends lately, and will remain that way until November. But folks are already planning on after election activities, including circulating petitions depending on what happens.

But a very recent poll commissioned by the local NBC affiliate and iHeart media has the California Governor's race at 45% Democratic, 41% Republican. Seems like the NPP/Independents think Gavin Newsom is a bit too progressive for them. But the campaigning is just starting...

Anything can happen, look at the 2016 Presidential Race.

And with that, I will wrap up for tonight. Please forgive me for going off track.

But I will add, it was the Science and Engineering Fair that got me to know Mayor Pete Wilson, who ended up as Governor, and meeting Governor Reagan while running for President, which started by political part of my life.

disneyC97

Twilight Zone will be around in some form for many decades to come. The young people who "don't know what TZ is" have been watching the original series on Netflix, Hulu and Youtube. Select episodes have become common viewing in english and writing classes. The only ones unfamiliar with TZ are the current suits at Disney.
And Jordan Peele (“Get Out”) is attached to a new iteration of a Twilight Zone tv show.

nevol

First off, thank you so much for your comments.

It is after 2 AM, but I finally have a weekend off. Alas, it is filled with chores and similar things, like taking the car for servicing.

I was in a office today, and it was a bit slow, so it was ask about the consultant (aka me) to have something new to discuss.

And it was amazing, I realized I never really have applied for a job.

My first job was when I was 12. Got a work permit for weekend and summer work at my Mom's Medical Laboratory. Got minimum wage, $1 per hour back then. But got a raise with a year. The Federal Minimum wage was raised to $1.85 per hour, the biggest percentage wage I ever got!.

Ended up in Military School. Interesting story. My father bet on the Irish Sweepstakes while working in Europe, and was a fairly big winner (No, not the grand prize). But he couldn't claim the prize as an US citizen. So my Uncle in Canada claimed it, and since Canada is still connected to Britain, no problem. And the deal was that My Uncle would cover the costs of my education.

I already had the skills of getting to know people, and stand out of the crowd a bit, but not aggressively. But Military School helped refine it. In my school of 300 7-12 graders, my senior class was 40. I had many "celebrity kids" in my class, including Barry White Jr. (Yes, Dad attended graduation, and on a warm June day, wearing one of his famous robes, lots of gold, and a couple of attractive ladies in tow.... A son of one of the Tonight Show band members. (Ironic, in my Senior year, the Band Teacher broke his hip, so I ended up teaching the class!) also a prince of Thailand.

Add to that an Aunt and Uncle that lived in Burbank. My Uncle started at the CBC (Canada) as a Cameraman, and was hired by ABC, and later became a senior Editor who won an Emmy. My Aunt ended up being a Talent Agent. One Christmas, there was a famous Celebrity (female) that came over for the day. After Dinner, we (my cousins and I) could hear her throwing up, aka purging...)

So I have never been afraid to approach someone just because of their status. I hope I am not surprising anyone, we are ALL Humans. My style is just treat them like anyone else, and not focus the discussion on them or myself, but about what is going on at the event or current events.

I also love to learn new things, so I was involded with the San Diego Science and Engineering Fair, first as a contestant, then a member of the board and working for them (The newspaper paid the bills) as a educator that went to schools for a day to try and teach the students the basics to start a project.

One day at the Del Mar Fair, ended up talking to the local Jazz Station booth. After a few minutes, I was offered a job on the weekends working the board and read some copy. (The "host" pre-recorded the cues that ran between the songs). That host was Larry Himmel, who worked for one of the TV Stations.

Around the same time, I ended up working for a saloon. They hosted Hermit Crab Races on Monday Nights which I attended. After awhile, they asked me to run the event. Then I started working more, ended up the Marketing Director for the location, which was part of a chain (Grand American Fare, owned my a group of Western Airline Pilots that wanted places to hang out in cities they flew to), every location has a different name, since we didn't really want folks to think that ;) I got assigned to the "spotter" team, which sent me to all the locations to be undercover and make sure the bartenders weren't stealing by overpouring or giving away free drinks. So I got paid to drink and flirt with customers so I wouldn't stick out.... The chain dissolved, and ended up becoming one of the owners of the San Diego Location (across the street from the Sports Arena). So since we sponsored the Sports Teams, and worked with the Swap Meet on the parking lot, never needed a ticket for any event. I remember watching Frank Sinatra in the round from the Press Box.

Anyway, at the same time, Larry Himmel was hosting a show called "San Diego at Large", and had a running segment called The Adventures of Biff and Skippy, which also had Rick Rockwell, the "millionaire" from Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire that was on Fox. Anyways, I ended up being on the show was a secondary character and some segments was filmed at the bar.

Around this time, my tax business was growing, mainly from people I met. My clients included professional athletes from the San Diego Sports Arena teams, which included doing multiple state returns due to their travel (not easy), Navy SEAL members (the Saloon had a large Navy Clientele), some celebrities, but no A listers and even ended up doing some exotic dancers (The salon worked with a nearby Strip Bar in regards to things like supplies and needing change (such as dollar bills on Sundays). And we exchanged fee drinks and food to each other). I remember when a group of Saloon employees went as a group... I helped one of our female bartenders.. I think the only thing she saw of the place was the carpet!). Also ended up doing some ladies who lived in town, but worked at a Nevada Brothel. Those were some interesting expense deductions. Got an offer to visit the Ranch, but never went.

All this before I was 30.

A good Friend of my Father died, and wanted to be married in his home country, Poland. (My father was born in Poland, and escaped with his two brothers during World War II and as refuges, ended up in Canada and given citizenship). His friend was a long time Merchant Marine, so my dad arranged for his remains to be shipped to Europe from Hawaii. Of course, the Ships handled it with respect, though it was a long journey. I was invited to fly to Europe with my parents, which ended up to become 10 days in Moscow to visit family friends and a month in Poland. Way too many stories to tell about that trip.

But I bring it up because a former Boss of mine asked me to join him in a new venture, the franchise for San Diego County Johnny Rockets. Well, it was just before this trip, like a week before. So I went to meet the owners, and basically was offered the position of Business Manager for the chain, which was about to open its first location. Well, I told them that I would consider it when I came back from Europe. They didn't want to wait, and we had a signed contract before I left, with the condition of starting when I returned.

While at that job, I met a few celebrities including Jon Lovitz, which ended up being a casual friend, and ended up serving Janet Jackson. By that time I became General Manager and at the La Jolla store. None of the servers wanted to deal with the group, so I served them. After Dinner, at the register, the person paying stated she was really surprised, she hardly ever gives her order directly. But I treated the group equally, started with one end (They were sitting at the counter) and went down in order, treating everyone the same).

Remember, I was still preparing taxes and had the minority interest in the Saloon, which I visited regularly and chipped in.

The JR franchise was sold to new owners, who wanted to do things themselves instead of the hands off investors, so the first time I was fired/let go. Got a nice severance check and extended medical coverage.

At this time, worked more at the saloon plus ended up taking an offer to merge my tax preparation with H&R Block Premium Services, which gave me a year round tax job which included a lot of instruction work, plus handling audits from all the regular stores. Also a very nice check for merging. This also had me doing work on a morning news show as an expert, and other TV work including live reports in the evening.

The Sports Arena lost their Hockey Team and was struggling for events, as SDSU built a rival arena. We decided the Saloon was too big to keep open (our capacity was over 300), the overhead was too much for only a couple of concerts a month). We sold the property, which was going to be an Extension for Tower Records, but they also fell onto hard times, and the location is now a tire shop.

So now Taxes was my main job, but of course, I was used to doing many things at once.

And I was going into the Theme Park angle, and how it merged, but now almost 4 AM.

So let me wrap up.. Lisa and I went out to Dinner and a Movie tonight, and I got this fortune. "Behind an able man, there are always other able men". And that is so true, though maybe we should replace men with persons.

Any successful person knows you need to network and always treat others with respect and being helpful.

Amazing to say that about 18 months ago I died. Yes, my body completely shut down, and machines kept me alive for over two weeks while I was in a coma. I luckily came out of it, though had some serious issues that had me in the hospital and nursing home for awhile. I am not 100%, but my Doctors and other great health professionals have been shocked at my improvement, which continues. So never give up, keep moving forward!

Ironic, the job offers that I have received in the last 12 months. Guess God wants to keep challenging me.

But it has also taught me that I am where I am today because of others, from my friends who helped deal with my tax clients while I was out of commission, to my wife who declined pulling the plug, to all the Health professionals, and all my friends and acquaintances who stood with me.

I now have two part time administrators to keep me sane. Also lucky enough that folks look to me for knowledge, much of which can be done by phone, video chats and/or e-mails.

But it seems like work during the day, meetings at night and on weekends lately, and will remain that way until November. But folks are already planning on after election activities, including circulating petitions depending on what happens.

But a very recent poll commissioned by the local NBC affiliate and iHeart media has the California Governor's race at 45% Democratic, 41% Republican. Seems like the NPP/Independents think Gavin Newsom is a bit too progressive for them. But the campaigning is just starting...

Anything can happen, look at the 2016 Presidential Race.

And with that, I will wrap up for tonight. Please forgive me for going off track.

But I will add, it was the Science and Engineering Fair that got me to know Mayor Pete Wilson, who ended up as Governor, and meeting Governor Reagan while running for President, which started by political part of my life.

Can I write a screenplay about your life?

And obviously, I was never aware of your recent health scare. You have been so busy, active, and articulate, one would never know! Keep it up! We're happy to have you here.

Darkbeer1

OK, I have some off-topic but kinda on topic comments, and decided this was the best place to post it. I hope TP2000 understands. Hopefully a few new folks will find this thread.

So let's go to the current time.

Not to bore you, but every week in my life is different, and that is a great thing, a new journey...

But a lot of it is similar.

Last week was a lot of work at home, phone calls and e-mails. But also going to client's offices, or maybe attending a meeting on behalf of a client, And on a variety of topics. Evenings lately is governmental related meetings. A lot of times, it is who you talk to before and after the meeting that is the key, and lately, I am the one approached. (I prefer the opposite, but you have to go with the flow).

The campaigning was currently in an ebb period, but with the Voter Information Guides (aka Sample Ballot) being mailed this week, we are gearing up for high season.

Can't really discuss much about that though.

On Friday Afternoon, was in an office that contains a lot of "regulars" I deal with, including a couple of lawyers. You might have noticed a few posts of my own words, since I took advantage of getting permission to post with ease in the Politics Thread.

Saturday was a nice 2 hour lunch with a candidate for Mayor in Anaheim. Just ten of us in a very relax setting. Disney didn't come up much, as Anaheim has a lot of issues, especially on the West Side. When Disney came up, it was in relation to the revenues it provided the city and how to protect them, and keep it coming in. A serious idea is to renew the 30 year bond when paid off with the TOT taxes to address a bunch of city wide problems, once again using TOT revenues to pay it off.

I should bring up that the plan to clean up the Anaheim portion of Beach Blvd. has been released. (Something I have been involved with).

https://www.anaheim.net/1080/Beach-Boulevard

Sunday was a couple of meetings, one mostly fun, the other a good Anaheim political meeting, that let me visit DtD afterwards with my wife, Lisa. (she is becoming my "First Lady", not that she hasn't been since we started to live together, but in the political wife sense. Lucky for me, we have similar political leanings. I can't thank her enough... She learned early, as we met at Disneyland, and saw all the "random" folks approaching me from my reporting life.

Today started with attending a press conference, and then more stuff. Ironically my wife came up, as since she works for the County of Orange, her union has become involved in a nasty sort of way….

http://www.anaheimblog.net/2018/10/...-support-ward-for-mayor-nelson-in-district-3/

>>OCEA’s real purpose: try to split the opposition and help the union’s chosen candidates win the election. In the mayoral race, that means liberal Democrat Ashleigh Aitken. One of her political mentors is Nick Berardino, who ran the OCEA until handing the reigns over to Jennifer Beuthin a few years ago. Berardino serves on the OC Fair Board of Directors with Aitken, and has a handsome consulting contract with his old union to provide political direction and advice.

In the mayoral race, the goal is to help Aitken by knocking Republican voters from the Sidhu into Ward’s column. Ward can’t win, but with the help of IEs like this, she can play the spoiler by siphoning votes from Sidhu.

OCEA is taking a page from the national Democratic playbook playbook. Faced with the nightmare scenario of two Republicans on the November ballot in CD48, House Democrats spent $100,000 mailing Republican voters urging them to vote for an also-ran GOP candidate named Paul Gabbard – more than doubling the vote share Gabbard would otherwise have received and likely keeping Scott Baugh off the November ballot with Dana Rohrabacher.

While OCEA and Ward have been allies in the past, the left-leaning county employees union is all in for progressive Democrat Ashleigh Aitken. This pure and simple a ploy to help Aitken into the mayor’s office.

Likewise the independent expenditure for Robert Nelson – a ploy to split the anti-Jose F. Moreno vote and help OC’s most left-wing local elected into a second term.<<

So this week is about the same.

A week from today (Tuesday) is a city council meeting that had the Living Wage Initiative scheduled. Should be interesting.

A lot of things in play, just have to keep remining myself to keep going forward one day at a time, and to keep fighting the good fight.

Of course, with the Golden Rule in the back of my mind.

Darkbeer1

So tonight was a public meeting that city staff ran.

Not anything Disney related, though there was campaign staff from multiple candidates in attendance, and a couple of candidates.

Main topics were the Beach Boulevard specific plan and the Homeless.

But I HAVE to give big kudos to my wonderful wife Lisa.

As expected, many folks know me by name and what I write, or talking on the phone, many folks came up to talk to me before and after the meeting, and she was so helpful.

I have to get it through my thick skull that I am being groomed for some type of public board, or advocacy group. That means watching what I say. Alas, my voice has been trained to project and carry to be heard. So it is very hard for me not to be overheard by others.

So what is up with Disney and the election.

So far only Yes on J and K campaigning from Wincome, and no campaigning from the other side. Seems that UNITE HERE, who gathered the signature to put it on the ballot is focusing on L. And it is easy to say YES on all three measures,

As for L, the Living Wage, UNITE HERE has done a couple of mailers, the second focusing on the Tip issue, trying to say that L will allow employees to keep their tips, implying that isn't the case now. But they get their tips now, by law the employer can't take tips.

No real campaigning for No on L, but it seems like the lawyers are ready to file many lawsuits if it passes, and the power folks have decided they will win in court, and save their money. But things can change based on what happens at the October 9th council meeting.

And of course, the 4 council seats are in high campaign mode.

And on a personal note, I am planning to do a 5 K run/walk for our local school district. I will be using my walker and leg braces, and expect it to take two hours or so. But I have it as a big goal, and being close to home, have knowledge of a safe place to recover.

And once again, my wife is joining me. For the 5 K, she is going at a good pace for her (Lately, her Fitbit controls her life, but she is so happy in making her weight loss goals. But after she finishes, she will join me at my slow pace. I am so lucky to have her in my life!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So tonight was a public meeting that city staff ran.

Not anything Disney related, though there was campaign staff from multiple candidates in attendance, and a couple of candidates.

Main topics were the Beach Boulevard specific plan and the Homeless.

But I HAVE to give big kudos to my wonderful wife Lisa.

As expected, many folks know me by name and what I write, or talking on the phone, many folks came up to talk to me before and after the meeting, and she was so helpful.

I have to get it through my thick skull that I am being groomed for some type of public board, or advocacy group. That means watching what I say. Alas, my voice has been trained to project and carry to be heard. So it is very hard for me not to be overheard by others.

So what is up with Disney and the election.

So far only Yes on J and K campaigning from Wincome, and no campaigning from the other side. Seems that UNITE HERE, who gathered the signature to put it on the ballot is focusing on L. And it is easy to say YES on all three measures,

As for L, the Living Wage, UNITE HERE has done a couple of mailers, the second focusing on the Tip issue, trying to say that L will allow employees to keep their tips, implying that isn't the case now. But they get their tips now, by law the employer can't take tips.

No real campaigning for No on L, but it seems like the lawyers are ready to file many lawsuits if it passes, and the power folks have decided they will win in court, and save their money. But things can change based on what happens at the October 9th council meeting.

And of course, the 4 council seats are in high campaign mode.

And on a personal note, I am planning to do a 5 K run/walk for our local school district. I will be using my walker and leg braces, and expect it to take two hours or so. But I have it as a big goal, and being close to home, have knowledge of a safe place to recover.

And once again, my wife is joining me. For the 5 K, she is going at a good pace for her (Lately, her Fitbit controls her life, but she is so happy in making her weight loss goals. But after she finishes, she will join me at my slow pace. I am so lucky to have her in my life!

Good luck on the 5K.

Also it'd be interesting to have someone from this site on some Anaheim board seat or advocacy group. Good luck with that as well.

Darkbeer1

OK. I got bib 846. Why do they start these running events so early in the Morning.

The Homeless got a rude awakening around 6 AM by the police telling them to clear the sidewalk.

And I have been assigned to the 3td group behind the serious runners but in front of all the school groups, the vast majority of participants.

Lots of outs in case I can't finish. But I will do it all using by walking power. Well with my 4 wheel walker and special carbon fiber braces.

Darkbeer1

So, I did walk the entire 3.1 miles... My wife did it in 44 minutes.... My time was 1 hour, 48 minutes, The entire set up was closed down. The finish arch was already taken down, but I knew where it was, and crossed it.

It was a 2 lap course, surprisingly, 55 minutes was the first lap, the second was 53, so I got faster.

Now, I have been going to the rehab/gym for over a year, but usually on a step machine with a seat.

I can't wait to tell my doctors next month.

Time for a shower, and then an meeting in the evening. And of course, talked to a candidate and some city staff this morning. Everyone was happy with the city attorney news.

drizgirl

So, I did walk the entire 3.1 miles... My wife did it in 44 minutes.... My time was 1 hour, 48 minutes, The entire set up was closed down. The finish arch was already taken down, but I knew where it was, and crossed it.

It was a 2 lap course, surprisingly, 55 minutes was the first lap, the second was 53, so I got faster.

Now, I have been going to the rehab/gym for over a year, but usually on a step machine with a seat.

Time for a shower, and then an meeting in the evening. And of course, talked to a candidate and some city staff this morning. Everyone was happy with the city attorney news.
Congrats!

wowsmom

That's awesome! Good job!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom