1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The mystery millennium celebration song

Discussion in 'Past Attractions' started by TwilightZone, Aug 31, 2016.

1. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Well-Known Member

In the journey into YOUR imagination segment of this video there is a song from the epcot millennium celebration I have never heard before. If anyone has any information on this song, please tell me in this thread. Thank you!

2. GiveMeTheMusic

GiveMeTheMusic Well-Known Member

This video is 22 minutes long. Where is the segment you're referring to?

3. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

I tried using Shazam but, it's not picking anything up...It just sounds like stock music...

hpyhnt 1000 and Rteetz like this.
  4. hpyhnt 1000

hpyhnt 1000 Well-Known Member

*sigh* The Millennium Celebration and Tapestry of Nations... back when Epcot still had some semblance of a theme and purpose.

But yeah, it sounds like stock sic-fi, futuristic music for the Imagination segment. I've never heard it in the parks before at least.

5. COProgressFan

COProgressFan Well-Known Member

I agree, it sounds like generic stock music. I have all a collection of all the Millenium music (both on CD and downloaded over the years) and I've never heard that track before.

Cmdr_Crimson likes this.
  6. jhendrix

jhendrix Well-Known Member

Watching that video again makes me realize that Epcot was really great in 2000. A few of the old attractions had left by then, but the Millennium Celebration was a pretty massive and spectacular undertaking. IllumiNations 2000 was (and still is) the most awesome fireworks show ever seen at Disney. The parade, and especially the music, was very well-done. With the village, plaza, entranceway, parade, fireworks, and some new attractions, the entire park really got a re-theme from top to bottom. Everything was cohesive: celebrate the future...together. The two areas of the park fit together better than ever before.

It was when the celebration ended that Epcot just...died. They neglected EVERYTHING. Including not taking the Mickey wand down, stopping the parade, boarding up the Millennium Village area, closing up attractions, etc.

I'd happily have Epcot go back to circa 2000. Epcot 2000 gave Epcot 1982 a true run for its money. Here's hoping Epcot 2018 does the same thing...but I doubt it...

7. castlecake2.0

castlecake2.0 Well-Known Member

I've worked (and spent lots of time off) all over Epcot and I cannot place the music. Definitely not Epcot/Disney specific. Sorry we cant help!

8. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Well-Known Member Original Poster

Thanks for the help! Hopefully I'll find the stock music someday!

9. montyz81

montyz81 Well-Known Member

Just think, Horizons was still in place. really sad

Cmdr_Crimson likes this.
  10. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

Body Wars, Cranium Command, The Dreadful JIYI, Innoventions, Food Rocks, The Living Seas were others..To name a few..;)