Trip Report The "My iCloud Takes Me Back to 2016" TR's

Hello All!!

So, here I am again with another TR. This is going to be a bit different from my past ones. Let me briefly explain:

As most of you probably know E, J, & I were supposed to be in Disney in March/April. Our mom had been battling cancer for the last 3 years & was not doing well when we were to be in Disney so we cancelled our trip. I was looking back in my iCloud and was surprised at how much I remembered from past trips so I've decided to do some mini TR's as far back as my iClould takes me. I also have quite a few PP pictures from the trips(back when they actually showed up in my account-I'm sure you remember me complaining about them not showing up recently). These will not be as detailed as my recent ones since no notes were taken. There are 8 trips over a span of 2 years. I'm looking forward to doing these as a distraction from the recent sad times in my life plus my mom was on a few of these trips so it will be nice remembering happy times with her. It's also neat looking back on things that aren't in the world anymore.

Primarily based on my pictures I was able to go back & piece together the who, what, when & where's for the most part. Lot's of different things happened during these trips:1st trips for some of my family, a runDisney race, room debacles, a 1st haircut, & leaving propertyo_O for the first time just to name a few. I hope everyone enjoys & welcome aboard!!

Side note: Not sure if you remember(or care for that matter:hilarious:) but I had mentioned in my last TR that there was a specific purpose for the March/April trip. Even though we didn't go I figured I would share it with you. We were planning on a spring trip but we picked our dates based on who was performing at the Epcot Flower & Garden Concert. We were to going to see none other than Rick Springfield!! Now, I am an 80's child but was never a fan of his music. I did kind of like him on General Hospital though. Anyhow, believe it or not R & one of my BIL's really like his music😲 I know, it's not too often you hear of many guys who know the words to "Jessie's Girl". Over the years I have been forced to attend a few of his shows & I must say I developed a liking for his music. Basically, the purpose of scheduling the trip when we did was to rub it in R & my BIL's face!! So there you have it!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
So glad that you decided to do this! These were so much fun to read! Like others have said, it was also fun to watch J “grow up”. Congrats on being in the single digits tomorrow! Hope y’all have a safe flight and a great time! (J is coming, right? :hilarious:) Looking forward to your next TR!
Thanks so much!! Yes--J will be there!! I'm looking forward to doing the next one!!
Loved this look back in time! It was cool seeing J grow up through the pictures. Have a great trip coming up <3
Thank you!! He thinks he's all grown up now. Yesterday my family was at my house for dinner. A & M(who are both 7--3 years older than J) wanted to watch a movie. E walked in & asked what they were doing. J's response, "Mom, we're watching a scary movie." It was Beetlejuice!!:hilarious:
Boring?? Not at all! How can we be bored looking at pictures of Disney?? Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading!!
It was fun to see how the parks(and your family!) have changed through the last few years. We’re at 8 days on our countdown, I’ll have to check your next TR to see if I make it! Lol
Thanks!! Be sure to say hello if you see us!!
My guess would be - you were taking a pic of the plants/flowers covered in plastic? Making note of how cold it was?
Probably. It was quite cold. I'm used to that temperature at home but not when I'm in Florida!!
Thanks for sharing your memories and pictures. Enjoy your next trip 😀
Thank you very much!! Will do!!
This was fun! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for reading!!
I wonder if someone was trying to use it as an air freshener?
I love coffee and the smell of it in the morning ... but as an air freshener - yuck (but people do weird things some times) 😉

It doesn’t look discolored, so I doubt it was already used - I wonder if a child was playing with it and slipped it in there?
What bothered me was wondering how long it had been there for!!
Thanks for sharing with us! We'll all be patiently waiting for your next one, have a great trip!
Thank you so much!!
That "family" photo is hilarious!! This was a photopass photographer?
Yes!! It was a riot!! So much fun!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom