Trip Report The "My iCloud Takes Me Back to 2016" TR's

Hello All!!

So, here I am again with another TR. This is going to be a bit different from my past ones. Let me briefly explain:

As most of you probably know E, J, & I were supposed to be in Disney in March/April. Our mom had been battling cancer for the last 3 years & was not doing well when we were to be in Disney so we cancelled our trip. I was looking back in my iCloud and was surprised at how much I remembered from past trips so I've decided to do some mini TR's as far back as my iClould takes me. I also have quite a few PP pictures from the trips(back when they actually showed up in my account-I'm sure you remember me complaining about them not showing up recently). These will not be as detailed as my recent ones since no notes were taken. There are 8 trips over a span of 2 years. I'm looking forward to doing these as a distraction from the recent sad times in my life plus my mom was on a few of these trips so it will be nice remembering happy times with her. It's also neat looking back on things that aren't in the world anymore.

Primarily based on my pictures I was able to go back & piece together the who, what, when & where's for the most part. Lot's of different things happened during these trips:1st trips for some of my family, a runDisney race, room debacles, a 1st haircut, & leaving propertyo_O for the first time just to name a few. I hope everyone enjoys & welcome aboard!!

Side note: Not sure if you remember(or care for that matter:hilarious:) but I had mentioned in my last TR that there was a specific purpose for the March/April trip. Even though we didn't go I figured I would share it with you. We were planning on a spring trip but we picked our dates based on who was performing at the Epcot Flower & Garden Concert. We were to going to see none other than Rick Springfield!! Now, I am an 80's child but was never a fan of his music. I did kind of like him on General Hospital though. Anyhow, believe it or not R & one of my BIL's really like his music😲 I know, it's not too often you hear of many guys who know the words to "Jessie's Girl". Over the years I have been forced to attend a few of his shows & I must say I developed a liking for his music. Basically, the purpose of scheduling the trip when we did was to rub it in R & my BIL's face!! So there you have it!!

DisneyGigi

Aww--thank you!! You mentioned in your pre-TR that you switched your dates. E wants to go later in August before J starts pre-school. We may very well be there at the same time(but we will be out of there before the Star Wars madness)!! We will have to meet up--you can see J in person!!

:D

I'm not a big roller coaster fan either & I agree with you--the backwards part is my favorite also!!

I wasn't sure which one the Pittsburger is so I looked up their menu & it doesn't give any specifics. I'm assuming it's the steak one? I absolutely can't stand the cole slaw--it's very bitter to me. R loves the sandwiches. Anytime we go to a Pirate game he always goes to the Primanti's there.
You will have to keep me updated, I would love to say hello! :)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH 2017

A few more Riverside pictures.
IMG_0983.JPEG

IMG_0984.JPEG

We went to MK. Our flight wasn't until that evening.
wdw2017273826335841_405182303842.jpg

wdw2017273826335845_405182303849.jpg

wdw2017273826335847_405182304503.jpg

I guess the photographer sensed that suitcase was important to J.
wdw2017273826336002_405182304505.jpg

IMG_0985.JPEG

I have pretty much no pictures from this day so other than IASW & Dumbo I have no clue what we did.
IMG_0986.JPEG

IMG_0987.JPEG

There was major drama at the airport when it came time to board. My mom & I have the exact same name--first, middle & last. My mom boarded with my sister & J during family boarding. I was further back. When it was my turn the agent told me that the system was saying that I had already boarded the plane. I told her that was impossible b/c here I was. She had me step to the side so she could continue boarding other passengers. I explained to her that my mom & I have the same name & there must be some kind of mix-up b/c of that. She wasn't getting it & finally when I said it for about the 10th time the light bulb went off. She explained that what probably happened is that the same boarding pass was printed twice so when I went to scan mine it said that it had already been scanned. I asked why this wasn't picked up on when we went through security then? I never did get an answer--kind of scary. So, they wouldn't let me board the plane until I was issued another boarding pass. As I'm digging out my drivers license for them E's calling me in a panic & asking me where I was b/c they had announced that they were closing the doors to the plane. She was telling them that there was a mix-up & that I was at the gate but they wouldn't let me board. The flight attendants kept telling her that I had to be somewhere on the plane(they had no clue of what was going on). They kept paging me on the plane & naturally I wasn't answering them b/c I wasn't on it!! The flight ended up being delayed 1/2 hour b/c of this ridiculous mix-up through no fault of my own. I asked the agent why they would issue the same boarding pass twice when we obviously paid for two seats. Two paid seats=two different boarding passes. She kept blaming it on the system getting confused b/c of the same name. I stated that I'm sure somewhere over the years there has had to have been 2 people on the same flight with the same name-especially a more common name--John Smith for example. She really didn't know how to answer me.

Anyhow, you can only imagine my embarrassment when I finally boarded the plane. Most of the passengers didn't look too happy with me......

MegRuss626

I wasn't sure which one the Pittsburger is so I looked up their menu & it doesn't give any specifics. I'm assuming it's the steak one? I absolutely can't stand the cole slaw--it's very bitter to me. R loves the sandwiches. Anytime we go to a Pirate game he always goes to the Primanti's there.

Yeahh, it’s like a steak pattie. And I can’t get them until after a certain inning at pirate games. I don’t like tomato on mine and they don’t do “special” orders until after the 7th inning or something. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH 2017

A few more Riverside pictures.
View attachment 376133

View attachment 376134

We went to MK. Our flight wasn't until that evening.
View attachment 376138

View attachment 376139

View attachment 376140

I guess the photographer sensed that suitcase was important to J.
View attachment 376141

View attachment 376135

I have pretty much no pictures from this day so other than IASW & Dumbo I have no clue what we did.
View attachment 376136

View attachment 376137

There was major drama at the airport when it came time to board. My mom & I have the exact same name--first, middle & last. My mom boarded with my sister & J during family boarding. I was further back. When it was my turn the agent told me that the system was saying that I had already boarded the plane. I told her that was impossible b/c here I was. She had me step to the side so she could continue boarding other passengers. I explained to her that my mom & I have the same name & there must be some kind of mix-up b/c of that. She wasn't getting it & finally when I said it for about the 10th time the light bulb went off. She explained that what probably happened is that the same boarding pass was printed twice so when I went to scan mine it said that it had already been scanned. I asked why this wasn't picked up on when we went through security then? I never did get an answer--kind of scary. So, they wouldn't let me board the plane until I was issued another boarding pass. As I'm digging out my drivers license for them E's calling me in a panic & asking me where I was b/c they had announced that they were closing the doors to the plane. She was telling them that there was a mix-up & that I was at the gate but they wouldn't let me board. The flight attendants kept telling her that I had to be somewhere on the plane(they had no clue of what was going on). They kept paging me on the plane & naturally I wasn't answering them b/c I wasn't on it!! The flight ended up being delayed 1/2 hour b/c of this ridiculous mix-up through no fault of my own. I asked the agent why they would issue the same boarding pass twice when we obviously paid for two seats. Two paid seats=two different boarding passes. She kept blaming it on the system getting confused b/c of the same name. I stated that I'm sure somewhere over the years there has had to have been 2 people on the same flight with the same name-especially a more common name--John Smith for example. She really didn't know how to answer me.

Anyhow, you can only imagine my embarrassment when I finally boarded the plane. Most of the passengers didn't look too happy with me......
Happens to us a lot too. My husband and my middle son have the same name. My FIL and my oldest nephew and my oldest son share a name. What was I thinking???

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeahh, it’s like a steak pattie. And I can’t get them until after a certain inning at pirate games. I don’t like tomato on mine and they don’t do “special” orders until after the 7th inning or something. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Really???-sounds like a bunch of primadonnas to me. What happened to pleasing the customer?? And they better do it-at least at PNC park-since I hear attendance is down. I haven’t been to a game yet this season.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happens to us a lot too. My husband and my middle son have the same name. My FIL and my oldest nephew and my oldest son share a name. What was I thinking???
I’ve told my mom for years that her & I having the same name has been a curse. It has caused so many problems over the years that are totally unbelievable. After that debacle I told my mom that from there on her & I would never fly on the same flight so we didn’t have this issue again. She agreed. That was our last flight together....I never had a chance to go anywhere with her again. I miss my mom more than I could ever say. Everyone out there that’s reading this & still have your parents—spend time with them & be grateful for every moment you have with them. You only get one mother & father.

DisneyGigi

I’ve told my mom for years that her & I having the same name has been a curse. It has caused so many problems over the years that are totally unbelievable. After that debacle I told my mom that from there on her & I would never fly on the same flight so we didn’t have this issue again. She agreed. That was our last flight together....I never had a chance to go anywhere with her again. I miss my mom more than I could ever say. Everyone out there that’s reading this & still have your parents—spend time with them & be grateful for every moment you have with them. You only get one mother & father.
❤️ A blessing you will always have, besides, the memories, is every time somebody says your name, it is your mom’s too. What might have seemed difficult, in travel, will be something that will be a blessing now.(I hope) Wherever you go, you will take her with you. 😘 She is smiling down on you guys, and not that far away.

Rista1313

Amen to that... just hung out with my dad and step mom yesterday. My mom died when I was 15.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
❤ A blessing you will always have, besides, the memories, is every time somebody says your name, it is your mom’s too. What might have seemed difficult, in travel, will be something that will be a blessing now.(I hope) Wherever you go, you will take her with you. 😘 She is smiling down on you guys, and not that far away.
That is a great way of looking at it!! Thank you!!
Amen to that... just hung out with my dad and step mom yesterday. My mom died when I was 15.
15--I'm so sorry. That is so unfair.....

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Loved this trip down your memory lane! Looking forward even more to my trip in 19 days to POFQ, as I have plans to walk over to Riverside several times. How far is that walk?
Thank you very much!! The walk is about 1/2 mile. It's really not bad at all plus it is so pretty. Still hoping to cross paths with you!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TRIP #7

WHEN:
November 29th-December 4th, 2017

WHERE: 🤔

WHO: Myself(part solo trip!!)
E, J & J(they arrived on the 1st after their Disney Cruise)

Originally, they had asked me if I wanted to go with them on their land & sea adventure. I was all for the land part of it but not the sea. I told them I would meet up with them in Disney. They had plans to go to HS once & MK twice. I decided to go a few days earlier than they would be arriving so I could go to AK & Epcot.

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 29TH, 2017

If I remember correctly my flight was 9:00 & in no time at all I had arrived!!
IMG_1248.JPEG

I know, I know--more POR pictures. At least there's some Christmas decorations in this one!!
IMG_1252.JPEG

I walked around the resort for a little bit. It was so nice to be back!!
IMG_1262.JPEG

IMG_1263.JPEG

IMG_1264.JPEG

IMG_1265.JPEG

Then I headed off to Animal Kingdom!!
IMG_1267.JPEG

IMG_1270.JPEG

IMG_1273.JPEG

IMG_1274.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 29TH 2017

I was hungry so I headed to lunch first.
IMG_1283.JPEG

I had been wanting to try Harambe Market for some time so that's where I headed. It was after the lunch rush so it was pretty empty. I don't have any photos but I had ribs. Not quite sure why I got them b/c I'm not a big fan but they were really good. At the time they were served with a side that was quite refreshing. It was a black eyed pea salad & I really enjoyed it.
IMG_1284.JPEG

IMG_1287.JPEG

After lunch I had a FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris.
IMG_1293.JPEG

IMG_1294.JPEG

IMG_1295.JPEG

J's favorite!!
IMG_1298.JPEG

IMG_1301.JPEG

After the safari I went to see FotLK.
IMG_1302.JPEG

I took this picture to send to R & H. When we saw this in June there were only 3 tumble monkeys so the show got cut quite short. I wanted to let them know that all were present today!!
IMG_1304.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster

I had a FP for Dinosaur next.
wdw2017333875148697_8135072527.jpg

Next I got in line to meet Mickey & Minnie. I must admit I felt very uncomfortable. I was a grown adult standing all by myself so I felt funny. The reason I wanted to meet them--my niece E's birthday was in a few days. I bought a postcard & was hoping they would sign it then I could put it in the mail there & she could get it on her birthday. BTW--it actually did arrive in time for her birthday so I was happy about that!!

See the girl standing behind me with the phone? That's my phone. She offered to take pictures for me since I was by myself. She was so kind--she took tons of pictures for me. All these photos are the PP ones though.
wdw2017333875254896_406756695813.jpg

wdw2017333875254897_406756695814.jpg

Mickey was pointing to my headband & was quite excited to see himself on it. Minnie made a big deal of it also. I don't know if you've noticed but more often than not I am wearing headbands. They're actually a cloth material & it goes all the way around your head & it has elastic in the underneath of it. My mom made them for me. I must have 10 of them & each one has different characters on them. I like them b/c when I start sweating there it keeps my hair from falling out of my ponytail. Since they're cloth they don't hurt my head either. My mom was an extremely crafty person. I definitely did not inherit her genes b/c I can't even thread a needle....
wdw2017333875254898_406756695815.jpg

wdw2017333875254900_406756695819.jpg

wdw2017333875254969_406756695817.jpg

Mickey & Minnie signed the postcard for me. I headed to the front of the park to drop it in the mail.
wdw2017333875254972_406756695823.jpg

wdw2017333875254974_406756695825.jpg

Then I took another ride on Dinosaur.
wdw2017333875327103_8135180616.jpg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster

I headed to Pandroa for my next FP.
IMG_1328.JPEG

I watched these drummers for a little while.
IMG_1330.JPEG

IMG_1331.JPEG

Sorry--these pictures are really blurry.
IMG_1336.JPEG

IMG_1337.JPEG

IMG_1339.JPEG

Took this on my way over to EE. I would not be watching it that evening. ROL had already gotten 2 chances from me & that was 2 too many!!
IMG_1342.JPEG

I rode EE single rider 3 times in a row.
wdw2017333875348516_8135192355.jpg

wdw2017333875365910_8135203254.jpg

wdw2017333875381212_8135216807.jpg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster

After Everest I started to make my way out but I did browse through the shops on the way.
IMG_1345.JPEG

IMG_1347.JPEG

IMG_1348.JPEG

It had been a long day but I was still smiling!!
IMG_1350.JPEG

IMG_1351.JPEG

I don't know why I have absolutely zero photos but I ate dinner at Boatwright's that evening. I originally had a reservation for The Boathouse. I decided since it was a travel day that I may not feel like heading to DS also. Good call on my part--I was glad to be closer to home!! My meal was quite enjoyable there!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom