Trip Report The "My iCloud Takes Me Back to 2016" TR's

Hello All!!

So, here I am again with another TR. This is going to be a bit different from my past ones. Let me briefly explain:

As most of you probably know E, J, & I were supposed to be in Disney in March/April. Our mom had been battling cancer for the last 3 years & was not doing well when we were to be in Disney so we cancelled our trip. I was looking back in my iCloud and was surprised at how much I remembered from past trips so I've decided to do some mini TR's as far back as my iClould takes me. I also have quite a few PP pictures from the trips(back when they actually showed up in my account-I'm sure you remember me complaining about them not showing up recently). These will not be as detailed as my recent ones since no notes were taken. There are 8 trips over a span of 2 years. I'm looking forward to doing these as a distraction from the recent sad times in my life plus my mom was on a few of these trips so it will be nice remembering happy times with her. It's also neat looking back on things that aren't in the world anymore.

Primarily based on my pictures I was able to go back & piece together the who, what, when & where's for the most part. Lot's of different things happened during these trips:1st trips for some of my family, a runDisney race, room debacles, a 1st haircut, & leaving propertyo_O for the first time just to name a few. I hope everyone enjoys & welcome aboard!!

Side note: Not sure if you remember(or care for that matter:hilarious:) but I had mentioned in my last TR that there was a specific purpose for the March/April trip. Even though we didn't go I figured I would share it with you. We were planning on a spring trip but we picked our dates based on who was performing at the Epcot Flower & Garden Concert. We were to going to see none other than Rick Springfield!! Now, I am an 80's child but was never a fan of his music. I did kind of like him on General Hospital though. Anyhow, believe it or not R & one of my BIL's really like his music😲 I know, it's not too often you hear of many guys who know the words to "Jessie's Girl". Over the years I have been forced to attend a few of his shows & I must say I developed a liking for his music. Basically, the purpose of scheduling the trip when we did was to rub it in R & my BIL's face!! So there you have it!!

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JUNE 23RD 2017

We had a lunch reservation at BOG.
IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

Not sure what I was taking pictures of there.

R was not too thrilled with the menu(for adults) so he decided to order the turkey meatloaf off of the kid's menu. He said it was really good but was still hungry b/c they didn't give enough food.:rolleyes:

We had a FP for the Mine Train.
IMG_0375.JPG

wdw2017174757438235_8062430847.jpg

wdw2017174757438236_8062430848.jpg

wdw2017174757438244_8062430901.jpg

wdw2017174757438245_8062430902.jpg

And one for Space Mountain.
wdw2017174757501458_8062467552.jpg

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JUNE 23RD 2017

We took a ride on the Peoplemover.
IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

Went to one of my favorites!!
IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

We decided to head out then. We still had some time before our dinner reservation but the heat was getting to us & we really just wanted to relax in the AC.
IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

We enjoyed our drinks at the Tambu Lounge while we waited for our reservation time. It was here that I saw @Tuvalu, @TrolleyFollower91 & @Woodywrkr. At the time I had been reading TR's for quite awhile but never commented. My first instinct was to hop off my bar stool & say hello. After all, I felt like I already knew them. Then I thought about what could possibly go wrong. R & H would probably think I was totally crazy for approaching them & I would have to explain what wdwmagic was. And since I wasn't one to comment back then I didn't want the Tuvalu family to think I was some kind of stalker. I was really bummed though. After that I made a promise to myself that I would start getting "involved" on the forums so I wouldn't be caught in that predicament again. And I am happy to say that since then I have had the pleasure of meeting @Tuvalu & @TrolleyFollower91 twice!!
IMG_0388.JPG

R finished his in record time. By the time we were done with dinner I still hadn't finished mine. That thing was strong!!
IMG_0389.JPG

'Ohana was great. That's another one that has become a must do for R!!

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JUNE 23RD 2017

R surprisingly agreed to go back to MK. I didn't think he would want to. Maybe it was the Lapu Lapu talking.:hilarious:
wdw2017174757519937_403123699674.jpg

Here's an exceptionally bad one. You can barely see us.
wdw2017174757519942_403123699683.jpg

Much better!!
wdw2017174757519944_403123699687.jpg

I remember that I was able to get us FP's for Peter Pan so we went on that. During HEA(which I didn't care if I watched it or not since I was so bitter about WIshes) we took advantage of the lower wait times & rode some rides. R got to go on BTMRR since he wasn't with us earlier.
IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

R really wanted to go on HM(another one that he missed earlier). I wasn't too thrilled b/c there was a 30 minute wait but we did it anyway.
IMG_0396.JPG

I was bummed b/c IASW was down for pretty much the whole evening. R & H, on the other hand, were quite happy. As we were leaving guess what just opened back up much to R & H's dismay!! They whined a bit & asked if we really had to go on. I told them yes. It's almost sacrilegious to go to Disney & not ride it.
IMG_0399.JPG

After IASW we bid farewell to MK.
IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

riverside

Original Poster
Photographic evidence, fellow readers, that @riverside really did see the Tuvalu family at the Poly!

View attachment 375485

Are you sure you weren’t stalking us, @riverside? :hilarious:
Oh wow!!:jawdrop: I swear I wasn't!! And I didn't realize that you were in the picture. It's pretty cool though--everyone always talks about looking for themselves in the background of people's pictures. It does happen!! I don't remember when I took this but I would think it would have had to have been before I saw you on the second floor. Had I taken it after I saw you I think I would have realized that was you down there. Frankly, I have no clue what I was aiming for when I took that picture!!

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, JUNE 24TH 2017

I have no pictures from the morning but I'm sure we got to HS earlier than lunch time.
IMG_0403.JPG

H & R both got the meatloaf. I got the sampler platter as always. R got in trouble for not eating his vegetables. They were green beans which he doesn't like. Actually, the only vegetable he will eat is corn. Our server ended up picking up his fork & feeding him. R learned his lesson. The next time he ate here he asked to substitute corn for the green beans.
IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

We went to see The Muppets again.
IMG_0409.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Oh wow!!:jawdrop: I swear I wasn't!! And I didn't realize that you were in the picture. It's pretty cool though--everyone always talks about looking for themselves in the background of people's pictures. It does happen!! I don't remember when I took this but I would think it would have had to have been before I saw you on the second floor. Had I taken it after I saw you I think I would have realized that was you down there. Frankly, I have no clue what I was aiming for when I took that picture!!
Since you posted the lobby photo before the Tambu photo, I assumed you were going in chronological order and probably had no clue we were in the background. (I just had to rib you about it! :joyfull: ) We don’t have drinks in our hands, so we hadn’t made it to Tambu yet.

Again, I do wish you had said hello back then....but if you had, we wouldn’t have this great story!

(And perhaps you would have scarred R and H for life 😉....and therefore you would never write trip reports.....and we would not have gotten to know you and your delightful family!)

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, JUNE 24TH 2017

The time was approaching for us to leave HS. We had a FP for FEA to get to. When we were at HS earlier in the week R said he didn't want to meet his Star Wars friends then all of a sudden as we were getting ready to head to Epcot he decided that he wanted to:facepalm:

I couldn't tell you what was being discussed here but it looks very deep.....
IMG_0411.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG

H didn't really want to see Chewbacca so he started crying. He started hugging her & wouldn't let her go. It was so funny!!
IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

I'm glad those things aren't around anymore. The way they move is kind of creepy.
IMG_0422.JPG

riverside

Original Poster
Since you posted the lobby photo before the Tambu photo, I assumed you were going in chronological order and probably had no clue we were in the background. (I just had to rib you about it! :joyfull: ) We don’t have drinks in our hands, so we hadn’t made it to Tambu yet.

Again, I do wish you had said hello back then....but if you had, we wouldn’t have this great story!

(And perhaps you would have scarred R and H for life 😉....and therefore you would never write trip reports.....and we would not have gotten to know you and your delightful family!)
Yes, the pictures are posted in chronological order. It is funny that you are in the background but I still say it's pretty neat!!

I wish I had also--I kicked myself for the longest time over it. But, you're right--it is a great story!! Seeing you in person is what made me start commenting. It did take me awhile to work up to writing TR's & now I'm sorry I waited so long!! Delightful, huh? I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions. :hilarious: JK--they're great.

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, JUNE 24TH 2017

Here are some of the PP pictures:
wdw2017175757963357_403138232530.jpg

wdw2017175757963362_403138232536.jpg

wdw2017175757963440_403138232547.jpg

wdw2017175757963441_403138232548.jpg

wdw2017175757963443_403138293200.jpg

wdw2017175757963472_403138232546.jpg

wdw2017175757963474_403138293203.jpg

wdw2017175757963477_403138293210.jpg

Then R wanted to see Kylo Ren. We were really pushing it to make our FP.
This was the first time meeting him. Wow--very intimidating. He did not say one word to us. After a few pictures were taken all he said was, "you can leave now." I was very uncomfortable.
wdw2017175757967898_403138485418.jpg

wdw2017175757967979_403138485422.jpg

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, JUNE 24TH 2017

We were really going to have to hurry if we were going to make our FP window. I suggested that we walk to Epcot--something that I had never done before. It was so darn hot that the walk was downright miserable. We also had to walk at a pretty brisk pace & that didn't help matters. By the time we made it to the International Gateway I can tell you that I was honestly delirious. I was seeing spots & thought I was going to pass out. It was then that R told me he thought I was trying to kill him. Maybe I was b/c I forced us to continue speed walking to Norway.

We arrived to find the FP line ridiculously long. When we finally made it to the first touch point Mickey turned blue. The CM told us that we were too late for our FP. At that point I could tell R was stewing. I knew I would never hear the end of it if we didn't get on the ride after all that we had just went through. R blamed it on the long FP line. The CM finally let us in. All I wanted was to be in AC at that point.
wdw2017175758054394_8062814568.jpg

We headed to see The British Revolution. R was happy that we got to see them.
IMG_0424.JPG

We had two more FP's but we were all quite cranky from the heat & the marathon that I just had us run.

We caught a bus & headed to our dinner destination.
IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

I was excited b/c we were seated by a window.
IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

I have no pictures of the meal but I thought it was excellent. I loved the bread service. H & I had buttered chicken. R had some kind of steak. He said it was his least favorite meal of the trip. Personally, I think the heat was getting to him.

We looked outside for a bit before we left.
IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, JUNE 24TH 2017

We took a bus to DS then took the boat to POR. We were so cranky that we literally walked from the bus to the boat & did not stop in one store.
IMG_0450.JPG

If I thought we were cranky we were nothing compared to this young man. I felt so bad for him but couldn't help but laugh at him at the same time. He was originally sitting in the back of the boat with his parents & sister. They were taking family selfies & his sister started giving him rabbit ears. He started getting upset. Instead of the parents correcting their daughter they joined in with her!! He was so upset that he moved away from them. For the rest of the boat ride all three of them taunted & teased him. I couldn't believe it. They were so mean. It wasn't funny but yet looking at how angry this kid was getting kind of made me laugh. He must have caught me snickering a few times b/c he started giving me dirty looks!!
IMG_0451.JPEG

Back at POR!!
IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

The little boy did not wait for his family to get off the boat. As soon as we were allowed off he was the first one & he kept on going. He did give me one last dagger stare on his way off. H saw it & started laughing out loud!!
IMG_0460.JPEG

We went to see Bob that evening but H left before the intermission.
IMG_0467.JPG

Darstarr

In the Parks
No

That is so nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom