Trip Report The "My iCloud Takes Me Back to 2016" TR's

Hello All!!

So, here I am again with another TR. This is going to be a bit different from my past ones. Let me briefly explain:

As most of you probably know E, J, & I were supposed to be in Disney in March/April. Our mom had been battling cancer for the last 3 years & was not doing well when we were to be in Disney so we cancelled our trip. I was looking back in my iCloud and was surprised at how much I remembered from past trips so I've decided to do some mini TR's as far back as my iClould takes me. I also have quite a few PP pictures from the trips(back when they actually showed up in my account-I'm sure you remember me complaining about them not showing up recently). These will not be as detailed as my recent ones since no notes were taken. There are 8 trips over a span of 2 years. I'm looking forward to doing these as a distraction from the recent sad times in my life plus my mom was on a few of these trips so it will be nice remembering happy times with her. It's also neat looking back on things that aren't in the world anymore.

Primarily based on my pictures I was able to go back & piece together the who, what, when & where's for the most part. Lot's of different things happened during these trips:1st trips for some of my family, a runDisney race, room debacles, a 1st haircut, & leaving propertyo_O for the first time just to name a few. I hope everyone enjoys & welcome aboard!!

Side note: Not sure if you remember(or care for that matter:hilarious:) but I had mentioned in my last TR that there was a specific purpose for the March/April trip. Even though we didn't go I figured I would share it with you. We were planning on a spring trip but we picked our dates based on who was performing at the Epcot Flower & Garden Concert. We were to going to see none other than Rick Springfield!! Now, I am an 80's child but was never a fan of his music. I did kind of like him on General Hospital though. Anyhow, believe it or not R & one of my BIL's really like his music😲 I know, it's not too often you hear of many guys who know the words to "Jessie's Girl". Over the years I have been forced to attend a few of his shows & I must say I developed a liking for his music. Basically, the purpose of scheduling the trip when we did was to rub it in R & my BIL's face!! So there you have it!!

krisri18

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16TH 2017

Everyone was much more rested for our last day in Disney but J seemed to be feeling a bit worse.
View attachment 373473

View attachment 373474

He had kept talking about how he wanted to meet Buzz but he seemed scared when it was our turn. I'm thinking it probably had to do with the way he felt.
View attachment 373475

View attachment 373476

View attachment 373477

View attachment 373478

View attachment 373479

View attachment 373480

View attachment 373481

We bid farewell to POR but we weren't too sad. We'd be back in a few months!!
Trip overlap again! We were in the World Feb 12-16, 2017 and were in the MK on the 14th and HS on the 15th as well!

sheriffwoody

So sorry about the snoring!! That stinks that you guys have to book separate rooms, but it does sound like the right move. My mom snores really bad and when I slept in the room with her in Chicago a couple years ago I got no sleep whatsoever. It was miserable! We plan to go to Italy together for her 60th and I'm planning to book us separate rooms 🤣

DisneyGigi

Just getting caught up. I just wanted to say how very sorry I am to hear that you lost your mom. My dad passed away when I was 17. As many years as it has now been, it still stings when I think about it. It does get better with time but you never stop missing them. Sending much love, comfort and pixie dust to you and your family!

riverside

Original Poster
I always wondered but you know what they say about curiosity so I was afraid to ask.
I know what you mean but you can feel free to ask me almost anything!!
Trip overlap again! We were in the World Feb 12-16, 2017 and were in the MK on the 14th and HS on the 15th as well!
That is crazy!! I know it's a big place but we would have had to have been in close proximity to each other at some point!!
I just relayed the snoring story to my kids (ages 22 and 18). The 22 year old pipes ups and says "great idea Mom, you get your own room from now on." Yup, I'm the snorer in the family.
In my family that award would actually go to my dad & brothers. I'm nothing compared to them!!
When I told E from then on we would be getting separate rooms I wasn't sure how she would take it. The extra expense really stinks for both of us but I was also getting tired of paying half for a room then going to get another. Now I've gotten used to having my own room. In a way it's nice. I don't have to worry about waking others up with lights or noise.
So sorry about the snoring!! That stinks that you guys have to book separate rooms, but it does sound like the right move. My mom snores really bad and when I slept in the room with her in Chicago a couple years ago I got no sleep whatsoever. It was miserable! We plan to go to Italy together for her 60th and I'm planning to book us separate rooms 🤣
I'm sure it was miserable so booking separate is the way to go. I would assume you'll be away for a week at least so imagine not sleeping for the whole week. It's a recipe for disaster. You really can't enjoy yourself unless you're well rested IMO.
Just getting caught up. I just wanted to say how very sorry I am to hear that you lost your mom. My dad passed away when I was 17. As many years as it has now been, it still stings when I think about it. It does get better with time but you never stop missing them. Sending much love, comfort and pixie dust to you and your family!
Thank you very much. That's very kind. I can't believe how often she is on my mind--more often than not. 17--I'm sorry. That's just not fair. I feel bad b/c I'm 44 & the oldest. My youngest sibling is 30 & I feel bad for him b/c I had 14 more years with our mom than he did.

riverside

Original Poster
TRIP #5

WHEN:
June 19th-25th, 2017

WHERE: I think I'm going to just start skipping this part :hilarious:

WHO: H(my niece), R & myself
You may remember them from previous TR's

wdw2017174757519944_403123699687.jpg

WHY: R is a principal. During the summer of 2016 at his schools festival there was a raffle for a 4 day park hopper pass to WDW. My nieces H & B were with me at the festival. I told them that if one of them won the tickets I would take them & pick up the rest of the tab. I made them promise there would be no ill feelings toward each other if one of them actually won(they are sisters). They both promised. Lo & behold H won!! I did feel kind of bad for B but I couldn't afford to take her also. Don't worry--B has been there since & I'm taking her next month!!

Also, this was R's first trip to Disney in 20 years!! The last & only time he went was in 1997. He really couldn't grasp why I would go to Disney so frequently. I needed to make a believer out of him on this trip!! It had been so long since he had been there that it was almost like going with a first-timer!! Also, he had never stayed on property so that would be a new experience for him also.

I'LL THROW THIS IN SINCE HE WON'T BE MAKING AN APPEARANCE ON THIS TRIP:

IMG_0071.JPG

J at church the day before we left for the trip. Sharp dresser!!

MONDAY, JUNE 19TH 2017

We had the ridiculously early 5:30 flight out of Pittsburgh. I drove through a monsoon on the way to the airport--typical weather for around here. When we got to the airport I told R & H I would drop them off at curbside & I would go park the car. R insisted that they go with me since it was dark. I told him I would park near a shuttle stop & I would be fine. He wasn't having it & said they were coming with me. I told him it was ridiculous for all 3 of us to get soaked but whatever..... I wasn't winning the argument. But, I did have the last laugh when he stepped in a giant puddle that he didn't notice. He was very irritated b/c he was wearing brand new shoes. By the time we got on the shuttle he was really stewing. H & I just looked at each other & laughed. If he would have just listened to me in the first place......

So, what's worse than a crabby R combined with the ungodly 5:30 am flight? Oh, that would be the addition of the delay of the 5:30 flight b/c.......ready for this?? The pilot couldn't adjust his seat. Maintenance came out to fix it & was unsuccessful. They said under normal circumstances it wouldn't be a big deal but our particular pilot happened to be 6' 8" & absolutely needed the seat lowered. I don't know that I've every seen someone so tall!! Anyhow, since maintenance couldn't fix the seat they decided to put us on another airplane which meant we had to change gates. All in all I believe we were delayed about an hour. It really stinks getting up for such an early flight & then having it delayed. Another hour of sleep would have been nice.....

We finally arrived!! I was really excited for R since it had been so long since he had been here.
IMG_0073.JPG

We headed straight to HS.
IMG_0074.JPG

Talk about perfect timing--this started a few minutes after we got there. R is a big Star Wars fan so this was perfect!!
IMG_0075.JPG

We stopped for some PP pictures.
wdw2017170754268011_403011957020.jpg

wdw2017170754268425_403011957034.jpg

The photographer had us do this. I believe it is something Star Wars related.
wdw2017170754268426_403011957035.jpg

Time for our first FP!!
IMG_0076.JPG

H loves this ride. I prefer not to go on it but will if I'm with someone who wants to. I'm happy to report that R is someone who no longer wants to. He remembered really liking it back when he was 23 but he didn't feel the same about it at 43. After the first drop all he wanted was for the ride to stop. He was literally banging his feet off the floor asking when it was going to be over. Now, again I don't care for this ride & normally I am holding on for dear life but all I could do is laugh at R during it.
wdw2017170754354743_8060310136.jpg

Welcome back to Disney R!!:D

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, JUNE 19TH 2017

Our next FP was for a favorite of mine & H's. R wouldn't go on b/c he doesn't like things that go upside down. I told him to at least go through the preshow then he could exit but he didn't want to. Okay then--see ya!!
IMG_0077.JPG

wdw2017170754584645_8060491660.jpg

Our last FP was for TSMM. He really enjoyed it!!
IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

We stopped to get our picture taken with "for the life of me I don't know what it's name is".
IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

He remembered this show from 20 years ago.....
IMG_0086.JPG

.....and this one also. Except, this one unfortunately got cut short due to rain.
IMG_0093.JPG

R really wanted to eat here. Not for the food but for the atmosphere. Well, the atmosphere didn't disappoint b/c every time he comes back to Disney he requests that we eat there:arghh:.....28 days until we have that less than stellar meal again
IMG_0094.JPG

After dinner we headed out of HS. It had been a long day!!
IMG_0097.JPG

MegRuss626

TRIP #5

WHEN:
June 19th-25th, 2017

WHERE: I think I'm going to just start skipping this part :hilarious:

WHO: H(my niece), R & myself
You may remember them from previous TR's

View attachment 374702

WHY: R is a principal. During the summer of 2016 at his schools festival there was a raffle for a 4 day park hopper pass to WDW. My nieces H & B were with me at the festival. I told them that if one of them won the tickets I would take them & pick up the rest of the tab. I made them promise there would be no ill feelings toward each other if one of them actually won(they are sisters). They both promised. Lo & behold H won!! I did feel kind of bad for B but I couldn't afford to take her also. Don't worry--B has been there since & I'm taking her next month!!

Also, this was R's first trip to Disney in 20 years!! The last & only time he went was in 1997. He really couldn't grasp why I would go to Disney so frequently. I needed to make a believer out of him on this trip!! It had been so long since he had been there that it was almost like going with a first-timer!! Also, he had never stayed on property so that would be a new experience for him also.

I'LL THROW THIS IN SINCE HE WON'T BE MAKING AN APPEARANCE ON THIS TRIP:

View attachment 374706

J at church the day before we left for the trip. Sharp dresser!!

MONDAY, JUNE 19TH 2017

We had the ridiculously early 5:30 flight out of Pittsburgh. I drove through a monsoon on the way to the airport--typical weather for around here. When we got to the airport I told R & H I would drop them off at curbside & I would go park the car. R insisted that they go with me since it was dark. I told him I would park near a shuttle stop & I would be fine. He wasn't having it & said they were coming with me. I told him it was ridiculous for all 3 of us to get soaked but whatever..... I wasn't winning the argument. But, I did have the last laugh when he stepped in a giant puddle that he didn't notice. He was very irritated b/c he was wearing brand new shoes. By the time we got on the shuttle he was really stewing. H & I just looked at each other & laughed. If he would have just listened to me in the first place......

So, what's worse than a crabby R combined with the ungodly 5:30 am flight? Oh, that would be the addition of the delay of the 5:30 flight b/c.......ready for this?? The pilot couldn't adjust his seat. Maintenance came out to fix it & was unsuccessful. They said under normal circumstances it wouldn't be a big deal but our particular pilot happened to be 6' 8" & absolutely needed the seat lowered. I don't know that I've every seen someone so tall!! Anyhow, since maintenance couldn't fix the seat they decided to put us on another airplane which meant we had to change gates. All in all I believe we were delayed about an hour. It really stinks getting up for such an early flight & then having it delayed. Another hour of sleep would have been nice.....

We finally arrived!! I was really excited for R since it had been so long since he had been here.
View attachment 374707

We headed straight to HS.
View attachment 374708

Talk about perfect timing--this started a few minutes after we got there. R is a big Star Wars fan so this was perfect!!
View attachment 374709

We stopped for some PP pictures.
View attachment 374711

View attachment 374712

The photographer had us do this. I believe it is something Star Wars related.
View attachment 374713

Time for our first FP!!
View attachment 374710

H loves this ride. I prefer not to go on it but will if I'm with someone who wants to. I'm happy to report that R is someone who no longer wants to. He remembered really liking it back when he was 23 but he didn't feel the same about it at 43. After the first drop all he wanted was for the ride to stop. He was literally banging his feet off the floor asking when it was going to be over. Now, again I don't care for this ride & normally I am holding on for dear life but all I could do is laugh at R during it.
View attachment 374714

Welcome back to Disney R!!:D

I was almost there the same time! The studio I teach at performed at Disney Springs on the 20th buuuuut my due date was the 26th so no traveling for me!

riverside

Original Poster
I was almost there the same time! The studio I teach at performed at Disney Springs on the 20th buuuuut my due date was the 26th so no traveling for me!
Yeah--that would probably have been cutting it a little close!!
This one that you are reporting on actually overlapped with some dates we were there. I'll have to look for us in the background of your pictures. That would be cool if we were in the background somewhere.
Yes it would be!!
I know I was there during that week. 😉😂
Wait?? You were there too??:jawdrop: Too bad we didn't meet!!:banghead:

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 20TH 2017

The plan was to get up extra early today so we could make it to AK at opening. Pandora had opened the month prior & we were lucky to get FP's for FOP but I still wanted to ride Navi River Journey with a minimal wait. I was really excited to see Pandora but I'm not quite sure why b/c I had never seen the movie. By the end of our trip I ended up seeing the whole movie. Never from start to finish but bits & pieces here & there. There was a channel on the tv that played the movie constantly.

AK wasn't even open the last time R was in Disney so everything would be totally new to him!
IMG_0099.JPG

wdw2017171754838231_403036277030.jpg

wdw2017171754838234_403036277031.jpg

wdw2017171754845307_403036458019.jpg

wdw2017171754845366_403036458025.jpg

After our PP pictures we headed straight to Pandora. I wanted to look around a bit but it was more important to ride NRJ with no wait.
IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

We literally walked right on.
IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

I was glad we got on with no wait. We all enjoyed the ride.

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 20TH 2017

Pandora is a pretty cool land but man it was very confusing to me. To this day I still get lost making my way to FOP.
IMG_0111.JPG

We had a FP for EE next.
IMG_0113.JPG

R was not very thrilled with it. He said he liked it until it went backwards. He said it felt like it was going upside down & he doesn't like that so it's safe to say he's not a big fan of EE. He did ride it again the following year though.
wdw2017171754849474_8060732632.jpg

wdw2017171754850287_403036599893.jpg

wdw2017171754850289_403036599895.jpg

wdw2017171754850292_403036599897.jpg

At this point I think H was tired of my picture taking. I had to take this to send to my niece E. It's tradition to send her a picture when I'm at Dinosaur since she dislikes it so much. :hilarious:
IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

wdw2017171754877608_8060756602.jpg

wdw2017171755179841_8060996464.jpg

Looks like we rode twice. I believe the park was pretty empty since everyone was at Pandora.

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 20TH 2017

H & I went for another ride on Everest. R sat that one out.
wdw2017172755482364_8061230333.jpg

Back to Pandora for FOP. To say we loved it is an understatement!!
IMG_0126.JPG

We spent quite a bit of time at the Tree of Life. H really enjoys looking at the animals on it.
IMG_0129.JPG

These two were hanging out with no one around so they begged us to come over to them. None of us really wanted to so I kind of forced H to get her picture taken. His lack of clothing creeped me out.
IMG_0130.JPG

Then it was time for our safari.
IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 20TH 2017

I had made us a dinner reservation at Tusker House with the ROL dining package. Dinner was decent but I must say that I prefer the breakfast much more.
IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

I think H was trying to ignore Donald.
IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

I wasn't thrilled about seeing ROL again since I wasn't impressed with it the month prior but I wanted R & H to see it. I also thought I might like it more if I gave it a second chance. Spoiler: I didn't.

Besides booking this dinner for the reserved seating my other reason was to be able to see some characters. I didn't think either one of them would want to go out of their way to see characters & it would be sacrilegious to come to Disney and not see Mickey!!

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 21ST 2017

Today we were going to Epcot.
IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

wdw2017172755582938_403066497151.jpg

wdw2017172755582940_403066497152.jpg

We rode TT single rider. Well, at least H & I did. R didn't go on b/c he had to make a call for work. My ride photo never showed up.
wdw2017172755595876_8061334898.jpg

Had to pay the manatees a visit!
IMG_0194.JPG

I know we went on Soarin even though I have no evidence of our flight.
IMG_0199.JPG

The Muppets Mobile Lab was out & about. I was so excited so we stopped to watch. I really enjoyed it but it was during this that I realized how darn hot it was. H & R wanted to go somewhere cool. The sun was really beating down on us.
IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

I took them to Club Cool to get a drink.
IMG_0207.JPG

Needless to say they weren't fans of Beverly :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom