Trip Report The "My iCloud Takes Me Back to 2016" TR's

Hello All!!

So, here I am again with another TR. This is going to be a bit different from my past ones. Let me briefly explain:

As most of you probably know E, J, & I were supposed to be in Disney in March/April. Our mom had been battling cancer for the last 3 years & was not doing well when we were to be in Disney so we cancelled our trip. I was looking back in my iCloud and was surprised at how much I remembered from past trips so I've decided to do some mini TR's as far back as my iClould takes me. I also have quite a few PP pictures from the trips(back when they actually showed up in my account-I'm sure you remember me complaining about them not showing up recently). These will not be as detailed as my recent ones since no notes were taken. There are 8 trips over a span of 2 years. I'm looking forward to doing these as a distraction from the recent sad times in my life plus my mom was on a few of these trips so it will be nice remembering happy times with her. It's also neat looking back on things that aren't in the world anymore.

Primarily based on my pictures I was able to go back & piece together the who, what, when & where's for the most part. Lot's of different things happened during these trips:1st trips for some of my family, a runDisney race, room debacles, a 1st haircut, & leaving propertyo_O for the first time just to name a few. I hope everyone enjoys & welcome aboard!!

Side note: Not sure if you remember(or care for that matter:hilarious:) but I had mentioned in my last TR that there was a specific purpose for the March/April trip. Even though we didn't go I figured I would share it with you. We were planning on a spring trip but we picked our dates based on who was performing at the Epcot Flower & Garden Concert. We were to going to see none other than Rick Springfield!! Now, I am an 80's child but was never a fan of his music. I did kind of like him on General Hospital though. Anyhow, believe it or not R & one of my BIL's really like his music😲 I know, it's not too often you hear of many guys who know the words to "Jessie's Girl". Over the years I have been forced to attend a few of his shows & I must say I developed a liking for his music. Basically, the purpose of scheduling the trip when we did was to rub it in R & my BIL's face!! So there you have it!!

riverside

Original Poster
Luckily your sister E enjoys trips to WDW even if your brother doesn’t. I can’t wait to read about J’s first trip 😀
Yes--I still wonder if he actually belongs in our family :cautious:
My brother & his wife are more beachy, relaxing vaction kind of people so Disney really isn't their thing. All of my sisters except one are big Disney park people. My mom was also. It's not that my sister doesn't like it there-she's been multiple times. She just doesn't get into it as much as we do. I've lucked out with E b/c J's not in school yet so we can go pretty much whenever we want. I'm not quite sure what's going to happen though once he starts school. Either my trips will slow down considerably or maybe they'll be solo ones!!
J's first trip is the next one up!!

krisri18

So I checked our pics from our Feb 2016 trip and couldn't find you in any, lol. Although it looks like we were in the MK on the same day and met Rafiki that morning too,so who knows, maybe we passed one another!

riverside

Original Poster
:)
So I checked our pics from our Feb 2016 trip and couldn't find you in any, lol. Although it looks like we were in the MK on the same day and met Rafiki that morning too,so who knows, maybe we passed one another!
We probably did!! I remember that we were pretty much got there when the park opened that day.
Can’t wait!
Thanks!!
Such cute boys. Thank you for sharing. Hope you are well.
Thank you very much for the kind words! I'm hanging in there. We'll see how Mother's Day goes tomorrow....

riverside

Original Poster
TRIP #2

WHEN:
November 3rd-8th, 2016

WHERE: POR

WHO: E,J & J(he was one at the time & his first trip)
my sister, B
my mom, P
my sister C & her daughter A
wdw2016311594547795_7853118038.jpg

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD 2016

I recall us having an early flight. E, J & J went down a few days before we did so they were already there.
C managed to get a seat in the first row!! And surprise, surprise it was raining in Pittsburgh......
IMG_1325.JPG

A was excited!!
IMG_1326.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

IMG_1336.JPG

We're home!!💖
IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

Even though it was early our rooms were ready so we headed there to drop some things off.
IMG_1342.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1346.JPG

riverside

Original Poster

We arrived at MK to meet up with E, J & J.
IMG_1349.JPG

IMG_1352.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

IMG_1355.JPG

We stopped in to say hello to Tinkerbell first.
IMG_1358.JPG

wdw2016308591529114_7849113341.jpg

wdw2016308591529116_7849113343.jpg

My mom was excited. Tinkerbell was her favorite.
wdw2016308591529172_7849109213.jpg

Meanwhile, E, J & J took some photos when they first got there.
wdw2016308591372635_7848910852.jpg

wdw2016308591372688_7848911702.jpg

Yes--your eyes are not deceiving you. J has very long hair!! E was set on his first haircut being done at Disney. Even though his hair got super long she refused to cave in & have it cut somewhere else!!

susan lees

We arrived at MK to meet up with E, J & J.
View attachment 371388

View attachment 371389

View attachment 371390

View attachment 371391

We stopped in to say hello to Tinkerbell first.
View attachment 371392

View attachment 371395

View attachment 371396

My mom was excited. Tinkerbell was her favorite.
View attachment 371397

Meanwhile, E, J & J took some photos when they first got there.
View attachment 371393

View attachment 371394

Yes--your eyes are not deceiving you. J has very long hair!! E was set on his first haircut being done at Disney. Even though his hair got super long she refused to cave in & have it cut somewhere else!!
Too cute 😊

riverside

Original Poster
Thanks!!
I saw this on Facebook and thought of you and your picture issues! Not sure if it’ll help.
2F7E0104-C37F-440B-9E3D-7B2861B700AB.png
Thank you!! I know my magic band isn't the problem b/c I end up getting a new one each time just b/c I'm afraid to confuse the situation if everyone else on the reservation is getting one & I wouldn't. As much as I love Disney they do have a tendency to screw things up quite a bit. I guess I should probably check at the end of each day when I'm there & let them know-sooner than later-when they don't show up. Thanks for thinking of me!!
Omg, J’s hair! My daughter is almost 2 and hers isn’t that long yet!
It was quite long--to the point where E had to use a bobby pin in it otherwise his hair would be in his face. But she was determined that his first haircut would be at MK!!
Don’t let her know i’ve told you guys, but my DD was still very bald at 1 😉 - she’s made up for it now as a teenager with hair halfway down her back - and given her height, that’s long!
Nothing wrong with being bald!! :) And, don't worry, I won't say a word!!
@riverside , I've been thinking about you today and everyone else who has lost their mom in the past year. It was a rough morning at our house too, but things have evened out a little. Hopefully, you get some comfort in all of the good memories you have!
Awwww, thank you very much. That is so sweet of you. I had many friends & family sending me texts throughout the day telling me what a great woman my mom was & how they were thinking of me & my family. I was so grateful & touched by them as I am with your's. It really means a lot to know that people care.😘 Ok, I'm going to try to stop crying now......

Sorry your morning was rough but I'm glad things settled & I hope you enjoyed your special day!! I don't know if I'm explaining this correctly but I just felt a real emptiness about myself yesterday. I purposely stayed away from Facebook & Instagram b/c I didn't want to see everybody's Mother's Day posts. I didn't want to be sadder than I already was plus to be honest(& I don't want to sound like a selfish brat in the least) I felt kind of envious of those who still have their mom. I know I need to be a big girl & grow up but it's only been 3 weeks since she passed so I guess it's still very fresh for me.

Since I am the only one of my sisters without kids I said I was going to have dinner for them. Olive Garden catering it was!! I don't cook in the least so this was much more edible than anything I could make!! It was good & there was so much that everyone's coming back for dinner today to finish the leftovers!! We did smile & laugh at a lot of memories.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
My mom passed away two years ago and I found all the “firsts without” difficult - the second year it was easier. But I think we all go through a moment at one time or another when we want to share something with our mom only to remember we can’t and a moment of sadness passes by.

riverside

Original Poster

I believe these were taken before we rode Buzz so they're a bit out of order.
wdw2016308591577066_7849173796.jpg

wdw2016308591577069_7849173806.jpg

Meanwhile, J was meeting Mickey for the first time!!
wdw2016308591583258_7849182905.jpg

wdw2016308591583261_7849182908.jpg

wdw2016308591583265_7849182912.jpg

Doesn't he look thrilled?

We finally met up at one point(probably after we rode Buzz) and rode the people mover. E stayed off with J who was napping.
IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

I remember J & I sent this picture to R.
IMG_1370.JPG

It looks like we went under the sea next....
IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

riverside

Original Poster

Next was a ride on the teacups. I took J & A on. When J was very young he didn't care for me much. Needless to say he was pretty upset that I was the one taking him on the ride. He really started crying so my sister C hopped in with us so he would calm down.
IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

He still looks pretty upset. I don't think he had a good time.

It looks like we watched FoF.
IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1379.JPG

IMG_1380.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

We headed out of MK to go to our dinner reservation.
IMG_1393.JPG

I just can't get over how different J looks with all that hair!!

We were headed to the Poly.
IMG_1394.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom