Trip Report The "My iCloud Takes Me Back to 2016" TR's

Hello All!!

So, here I am again with another TR. This is going to be a bit different from my past ones. Let me briefly explain:

As most of you probably know E, J, & I were supposed to be in Disney in March/April. Our mom had been battling cancer for the last 3 years & was not doing well when we were to be in Disney so we cancelled our trip. I was looking back in my iCloud and was surprised at how much I remembered from past trips so I've decided to do some mini TR's as far back as my iClould takes me. I also have quite a few PP pictures from the trips(back when they actually showed up in my account-I'm sure you remember me complaining about them not showing up recently). These will not be as detailed as my recent ones since no notes were taken. There are 8 trips over a span of 2 years. I'm looking forward to doing these as a distraction from the recent sad times in my life plus my mom was on a few of these trips so it will be nice remembering happy times with her. It's also neat looking back on things that aren't in the world anymore.

Primarily based on my pictures I was able to go back & piece together the who, what, when & where's for the most part. Lot's of different things happened during these trips:1st trips for some of my family, a runDisney race, room debacles, a 1st haircut, & leaving propertyo_O for the first time just to name a few. I hope everyone enjoys & welcome aboard!!

Side note: Not sure if you remember(or care for that matter:hilarious:) but I had mentioned in my last TR that there was a specific purpose for the March/April trip. Even though we didn't go I figured I would share it with you. We were planning on a spring trip but we picked our dates based on who was performing at the Epcot Flower & Garden Concert. We were to going to see none other than Rick Springfield!! Now, I am an 80's child but was never a fan of his music. I did kind of like him on General Hospital though. Anyhow, believe it or not R & one of my BIL's really like his music😲 I know, it's not too often you hear of many guys who know the words to "Jessie's Girl". Over the years I have been forced to attend a few of his shows & I must say I developed a liking for his music. Basically, the purpose of scheduling the trip when we did was to rub it in R & my BIL's face!! So there you have it!!

riverside

Original Poster
TRIP #1

WHEN:
February 2nd-9th, 2016

WHERE: Art of Animation--shocker I know!! Had I been with the "same old" crew you know where we would have stayed.

WHO: My brother, F
My SIL, B
My nephew C(he was 4)
My nephew Z(he was 2)

WHY: It was a combination of them wanting me to go & me somewhat inviting myself. My brother was the only one in my immediate family who had never been to WDW(I'm not sure he actually belongs with us :hilarious:). His wife had never been there either. They wanted me to go to be their guide for the week & I was more than happy to oblige!!

wdw2016038399110728_7598986227.jpg

For the record my brother wasn't totally sold on going. I think he felt pressure b/c they were the only ones in our family that had never been there. To him this was something that every parent is forced to do at least once in their life. Would he end up changing his tune???

riverside

Original Poster
My brother may not have been super excited but I was!! I was thrilled to be accompanying a group of first-timers to Disney World!!

I made this countdown calendar for my nephews. Every day when they would pull the Mickey off there was a picture of something that we were going to be doing there. On the last day there was a picture of Mickey & the caption said "See Ya Real Soon"!! I must say I was quite happy with the way it turned out. I am not artistic or creative in the least.
IMG_1064.JPEG

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND 2016

Our flight left late morning. We arrived at AoA mid afternoon. I know you're asking yourself--why not POR? Of course, that was my recommendation. We actually were going to stay there & it would have been cheaper to get 2 rooms there. But, my nephew C was really into Cars at the time so my brother asked if I would mind staying in the Cars suite instead. I didn't mind & I was glad I got to experience it. He felt bad b/c it actually ended up costing more than 2 rooms at POR would have. I didn't really care esp. b/c I knew my nephew would be so excited.
IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

While we were checking in the boys did some drawings.
IMG_0023.JPG

Z's holding his buddy "Brown Bear".

IMG_0024.JPG

We headed over to the Cars section. We couldn't wait to see C's reaction to the suite!!
IMG_0025.JPG

Last edited:

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND 2016

We arrived excited to check out the suite. I remember being on the second floor.
IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

I'm guessing my brother was thinking about what life was going to be like for the next week??

This was the table/pull down bed. I slept there. It was surprisingly very comfortable.
IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

There was a little kitchen area and a second bathroom that I guess I didn't take pictures of. We were quite happy with the size of it and it worked out well b/c there was room for the boys to play when we would get back in the evenings. So, imagine our surprise when we asked C what he thought of it & wasn't he excited. His response: "I don't like Cars anymore":banghead:

We shrugged off that moment of defeat & headed to Landscape of Flavors to get dinner. Afterwards, we decided to explore the resort.

There was a play area in the Nemo section so the kids ran around there for awhile.
IMG_0033.JPG

I asked the boys to go by the dinglehopper so I could get their picture. C looked at me like I was goofy & said, "Don't you know that's a fork?" I guess he hadn't seen The Little Mermaid yet.
IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND

We continued exploring some more.
IMG_0038.JPG

Sebastian is my favorite!!
IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

We made our way to The Lion King section.
IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

And back to the Cars section.
IMG_0053.JPG

I had ordered my nephews "First Visit" baskets. They had ears, autograph books,blankets & some other items in them. They were really excited with them.
IMG_0054.JPG

Then this happened......they spelled Z's name wrong!! I called them to get it corrected & the woman I spoke with was very un-Disneylike. She kept repeating what their paperwork said as to how it was to be spelled. I finally told her he's my nephew & I'm pretty sure I know how to spell his name. She told me they would make me new ears & a blanket but they wouldn't give me the new ones until I returned the ones I had & the new ones wouldn't be ready until the next afternoon. I told her that wouldn't work b/c the next day was our first park day & we wanted him to wear his ears. She told me to let him wear the incorrect ears the next day but after we got back from the park I was to bring them & the blanket to the front desk to switch them out for the new ones. The treatment I received was ridiculous. Trust me, I didn't want to keep the misspelled ears & blanket. This woman acted like I was trying to get something for nothing &(especially after what I paid for those gifts) I really didn't appreciate that.
IMG_0055.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD, 2016

The next morning we started a routine that we stuck with the rest of the week & it worked out quite well. One of us would go to get breakfast at the food court & bring it back to the room. This way the boys could play instead of being stuck sitting at a table longer. We really enjoyed the suite for that reason.
IMG_0056.JPG

The Cars section was so amazing. I felt like I was in the movie!! Funny thing is I had never seen it so I made a date with my nephews to watch it before we went on the trip. I'm glad I did!!
IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

Waiting for a bus for their first trip to MK!! But how long would the excitement last.....(a little foreshadowing there:arghh:)
IMG_0061.JPG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD 2016

As we got off the bus at MK B decided to put sunscreen on the boys. I'm not quite sure what transpired to cause WWIII but all I know is that while she was putting it on C his poptart that he had just started eating broke & he went into full melt-down mode. He cried the whole way through security & heading into the park. So much for the magical, WOW type moment I was expecting on their very first trip to MK. We stopped to take PP pics. I made it a point to always let them get pics with just the 4 of them in it before I would join them. While we were taking the pics my brother kept mumbling about how he was ready to go home b/c he was so aggravated with his son at that point. It was very stressful, let me tell you.

And, as you'll see we had the absolute worst PP photographer. You can barely see the boys in the pics(although given C's mood that might have been a good thing).
wdw2016034396842052_7595693364.jpg

wdw2016034396842052_7628873178.jpg

wdw2016034396842053_7628872197.jpg

wdw2016034396842054_7595693160.jpg

wdw2016034396842068_7605974053.jpg

wdw2016034396842069_7595693157.jpg

Look at that face!! The CM actually told him he's about the most miserable kid she's ever seen!! It was actually quite embarassing to hear her say that. Now, we look back on it & laugh but at the time it was an absolute nightmare.
wdw2016034396842071_7628823400.jpg

After she said that he did smile ever so slightly.
wdw2016034396842072_7595693360.jpg

wdw2016034396842073_7595693161.jpg

wdw2016034396842051_7595693362.jpg

riverside

Original Poster

This is literally the only picture I took on Main Street when we first arrived. As we headed up Main Street I remember my brother asking me where the nearest place was to get a beer. I told him he couldn't b/c MK was a dry park. I felt bad for him--he really could have used one at that point. Actually, I think all three of us could have.
IMG_0063.JPG

Off to Adventureland for the boys first ever character meet & greet!!
IMG_0064.JPEG

Both were a little unsure but Z seemed to be more nervous than C.
IMG_0066.JPEG

IMG_0068.JPEG

Z just wasn't having it....
IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

C was definitely in a better mood by then!!
IMG_0076.JPG

I have tons of PP pics for this interaction but since they're quite similar to mine I'm not going to post them.

After that they wanted to go through the tree house. I sat that one out. I tried it once years ago & had to escape by going down
backwards b/c the height was way too much for me.
IMG_0078.JPG

They enjoyed it though!!
IMG_0079.JPG

riverside

Original Poster

Maybe Z just doesn't like Rafiki b/c he sure warmed up to Woody quick!!
IMG_0080.JPEG

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

Here are some of the PP pics:
Oh no-C has that look again....
wdw2016034396886152_7595754583.jpg

wdw2016034396886154_7595754585.jpg

wdw2016034396886155_7595755688.jpg

So cute!!
wdw2016034396886157_7595754594.jpg

wdw2016034396886161_7628817084.jpg

It only took 2 character meets for B & I to realize that F would disappear from us when we would get in line. I guess he's not one for the characters.....

riverside

Original Poster

We visited some pirates next.
IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

I remember the boys really liked The Jungle Cruise. We went to the Enchanted Tiki Room also. I don't have any pictures of the Tiki Room but I distinctly remember C not liking that attraction in the least. "This is stupid. Birds & flowers don't talk". To this day if I sing the song to him he gets so agitated.
IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

Lunch was at Columbia Harbour House!!
IMG_0216.JPG

This was C's favorite ride of the trip!! For days you would hear him singing this song out of the clear blue. He really enjoyed it!!
IMG_0217.JPG

They wanted to ride the carousel. I was excited b/c I had never been on it!! F wouldn't go on b/c he can't go on anything that spins.
IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

I remember the crowds being low & us being able to get a lot accomplished!
IMG_0222.JPG

riverside

Original Poster

Next up was the tea cups--another first for me!! F skipped this one also.
IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

Then it was time for Dumbo!!
IMG_0233.JPG

There's B & Z!!
IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

We decided to head out.
IMG_0240.JPG

It didn't start out well but overall it was a good day at MK!!
IMG_0244.JPG

When we got back the boys wanted to swim. My brother took them while B & I got pizza for us for dinner. It's a good thing they went swimming that evening b/c after that day the weather took a change for the worse. We ate our pizza near the pool. The boys were exhausted & went to bed early.
IMG_0246.JPG

My brother & I caught a cab & headed to my home away from home--POR!! I was so happy to be there!! My brother didn't want to get his picture taken but I have video of him running around the room during one of Bob's songs(he'd choke me if I posted it).
IMG_0249.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom