The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Otterhead

As a Muppet fan who was initially against this, I totally fell in love with it after seeing it in person yesterday. I am a sucker for Muppets, though.
The Muppets are surprisingly easy to get 'wrong', and Disney has a very rocky track record of dealing with them. Their Lady Gaga "holiday special" from a few years ago might rank as the single worst Muppet-related thing I've ever seen, and I wasn't a fan of Muppets Most Wanted. This, however, is how you do the Muppets right.

FoozieBear

The Muppets are surprisingly easy to get 'wrong', and Disney has a very rocky track record of dealing with them. Their Lady Gaga "holiday special" from a few years ago might rank as the single worst Muppet-related thing I've ever seen, and I wasn't a fan of Muppets Most Wanted. This, however, is how you do the Muppets right.

I loved Muppets Most Wanted, but you are so right about how easy it is to mess up with The Muppets. I feel like Disney needs to learn this, and hire some people to steer the Muppet ship. They have their own little mythology and rules to them, and like Star Wars and Marvel, they should be overseen by someone, instead of being passed to different hands for each project.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Surprised they haven't done a christmas related one for the holidays into the mix....

But, on the other side of the Muppets...It's seems like they are trying again to see what sticks as they now have new online episodes being introduced of the classic Muppet Show skit Pigs In Space...

I loved Pigs in Space!

RyMickey

Just out of curiosity....How have the crowds been for this show lately with the refurb closure of The Hall of Presidents?

I saw it last Friday morning and the crowds were certainly equal -- and probably a little heavier -- than when I saw it in October. That said, the show is now advertised in the times guide which is wasn't back in October so I would've expected heavier crowds.

However, at the start of the second show I saw, the crowd was non-existent almost. Once people started to see the Muppets pop out of their windows, an even bigger crowd than the first show formed. (In the second show's defense, it actually WASN'T listed in the guide. The only reason I even knew about this "pop up" show was because I asked a cast member to confirm that the shows were swapping back and forth and he informed me of this "extra" show.)

I hope it continues and obviously I'd love to see more stories added into the mix. It's definitely an enjoyable and DIFFERENT experience than anything else that's offered in the Magic Kingdom.

tmthomas52

I took the liberty of reading the first five pages of this thread again and laughed out loud at how ridiculous this proposal sounded at first with little context. Shows Disney still has the ability to do really small things that are exceptional without sacrificing they integrity of an intellectual property or the land itself. Can't wait to see this live!

wdwgreek

Original Poster
I took the liberty of reading the first five pages of this thread again and laughed out loud at how ridiculous this proposal sounded at first with little context. Shows Disney still has the ability to do really small things that are exceptional without sacrificing they integrity of an intellectual property or the land itself. Can't wait to see this live!
Right?! Especially the ridicule myself and others dished out... we were very wrong and we ended up with a lovely addition.

tmthomas52

Right?! Especially the ridicule myself and others dished out... we were very wrong and we ended up with a lovely addition.
Really hoping they are able to do something special with my favorite themed land in Tomorrowland. They appear to have already managed to wasted the potential that was present with my favorite IP in Toy Story.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Yeah, funny at the disbelief "bus driver rumors!!!" and then the rage at "IPs!!!" and "desecrating history!!!".

Anyways... I'm here to say that a call went out on the audition page today for more JJs (the human town crier of the show).

So... that's a sign the show will be staying around a while longer. Which, IMO, is great.

Disney-Trains

I love the show.... But I do think it's a super odd placement. It seems a live Muppet show like this would be well suited for... Oh I don't know... Muppets Courtyard?

Again... I love the show, love the muppets, so I'm not complaining.. It's just a head scratcher.

Could this be thought of as a fill in while presidents is down, and a test for future entertainment in muppets courtyard? That would make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom