The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

DisneyJunkie

I strongly disagree on the new TV show. It was actually great and you're completely wrong about it, miss the point, don't get the jokes and ideas, etc.

Actually it was god-awful, and its cancellation is proof of that because nobody watched it. The jokes weren't funny, or they were obvious, forced, and unoriginal.....like old people trying to use modern slang in order to sound hip and current. It simply didn't work.

Matt_Black

Actually it was god-awful, and its cancellation is proof of that because nobody watched it. The jokes weren't funny, or they were obvious, forced, and unoriginal.....like old people trying to use modern slang in order to sound hip and current. It simply didn't work.

I watched it, and I enjoyed. Well, the last couple of episodes where Kermit & Piggy got together were a little meh, but overall, I thought it was a fun show. I especially loved the bit with Laurence Fishburne.

"Kermit, I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier; I had a rough night last night."
"What happened?"
"I watched your show!"

CanadianGordon

... You know the Haunted Mansion is in Liberty Square, right? When, in our nation's history, has the existence of ghosts been conclusively proven to be "real" or "plausible"?

Oh I know. I just felt the need to be another person to tell them to go away if they can't look at the positive side of things. So much negativity. This is why Disney does things the way they do. WAIT until the last minute to reveal...

jbolen2

Just saw this on my Twitter page

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 118

spaceghost

Jeez, I've been proven right again and again about the poor choice the Disney company made in buying that IP. And yet there are still true believers, and they think I'm being stubborn? Whatever. Those of you who "love me some Muppets!" and are convinced that "if they were done RIGHT, it's not THEIR fault they keep failing, it's DISNEY'S fault, durrr" enjoy the dumbing-down of Liberty Square, enjoy tripping over even more strollers, or perhaps sitting in one, while watching this sad, shabby, latest attempt to make some use of a dead franchise. I've said all I'm going to say about this, aside from expressing my gratitude that this atrocity was leaked to us months before it happened, just like the terrible rumor about the Tower. It allows for some distance and girding of the stomach. See ya.
Now why'd you have to do that??? For only the second time in 10 years I'm going to have to use the ignore button. C'est la vie...

BuddyThomas

Jeez, I've been proven right again and again about the poor choice the Disney company made in buying that IP. And yet there are still true believers, and they think I'm being stubborn? Whatever. Those of you who "love me some Muppets!" and are convinced that "if they were done RIGHT, it's not THEIR fault they keep failing, it's DISNEY'S fault, durrr" enjoy the dumbing-down of Liberty Square, enjoy tripping over even more strollers, or perhaps sitting in one, while watching this sad, shabby, latest attempt to make some use of a dead franchise. I've said all I'm going to say about this, aside from expressing my gratitude that this atrocity was leaked to us months before it happened, just like the terrible rumor about the Tower. It allows for some distance and girding of the stomach. See ya.
Good grief would you PLEASE give it a break. We alllllllllllllllll get it. You have an almost psychotic hatred for Muppets. It became clear after your 7 millionth trolling of any Muppet thread. Others feel differently and think they are fun. Lots of other threads for you to have your own fun on if you can't stand Kermit, Piggy and the gang.

Matt_Black

Good grief would you PLEASE give it a break. We alllllllllllllllll get it. You have an almost psychotic hatred for Muppets. It became clear after your 7 millionth trolling of any Muppet thread. Others feel differently and think they are fun. Lots of other threads for you to have your own fun on if you can't stand Kermit, Piggy and the gang.

Let's look at the bright side- it's been a long time since he complained about Frozen.

Walter Yensid

Liberty Square is (or at least was) built to represent a specifc time and place in history, drawing from real life examples of architecture and business to establish a plausible reality for guests to explore. Same as Main Street or Frontierland.

The Muppets are fictional characters. They are neither real now, nor were they in the late 18th century. If they ever did go into the past (like in Christmas Carol, or Treasure Island), it was in a world reshaped for them, in another example of fiction (complete with 4th wall breaking). That tone doesn't really fit with the land, and I'd prefer not to have any modern characters featured in this way.

As other have said, having a new Muppet show, in their designated area of DHS, would have been better IMO.

So, a 5' mouse walking down Main Street Disney or being in an astronaut suit in Tomorrowland are any different? And remember, this was happening when Walt was well and alive. Yes, the Muppets are a newer IP, but Disney has always used characters in themes and stories to make them more interesting for the guests. Good, bad, or indifferent, but men/women dressed up in 18th century garb talking about history is not going to rope people in, at an amusement park, to stop and learn about history. So, if Kermit and Miss Piggy can help get kids (and adults) interested in history while at a park and bring a few smiles to faces at the same time, then I am all for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom