The Mummy might outdue Disney's Mt Everest ?

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by dxwwf3
I really didn't think it was that noticeable. I think it is MUCH worse at the Great Movie Ride especially with Marry Poppins. Now THAT is bad.

I noticed that aswell, but I thought GMR was supposed to be themed like a soundstage, with exposed ceilings and backdrops only. Im sure if they wanted a good ceiling, they would of payed for it, because that was back when Disney actually cared was the ceilings look like (unlike now, with the unthemed ceilings at MS and PC) *Wow...unthemed ceilings...maybe I AM to picky*:lol:

dxwwf3

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
*Wow...unthemed ceilings...maybe I AM to picky*:lol:

Well maybe just a little :lol:

But of course nobody WANTS to see unthemed celings, but I would rather them spend more money on the ride than the ceiling if that's what it came down to.

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by ThirdEye
This abbreviatons are killing me, what is PC (Pirates of the Carriabean?)

Pop Century (New Disney Resort)) The whole food court/shopping area has exposed ceilings.

imagineer99

Originally posted by SirGoofy
I am ashamed...

Is that what the Yeti is gonna look like?

nobody knows yet what the Yeti may look like. Concept art hasn't even given us a vague idea of what to expect.

The Yeti is still in hiding:animwink:

Security

Ok, well I know this will upset some people but I am sorry I gotta do it! I do believe I am a bigger fan of USO then Disney.:brick: I'm 15 now and I get the impression that a lot of the stuff at Disney is for little kids but anyway I've been reading up on this Return of The Mummy Ride for quite some time and it sounds like one heck of an experience. A 'dark' ride as it is being called. The tv commercial really made it look good so it makes me lean even more over towards USO because the Mummy ride look like it is sometrhing for bigger people, not little kids. This is just my opinion. Secondly I know everyone is going to shoot me for tihs too but what is 'Everest?' I haven't even heard about it, can soeone fill me in???:veryconfu

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Security
Ok, well I know this will upset some people but I am sorry I gotta do it! I do believe I am a bigger fan of USO then Disney.:brick: I'm 15 now and I get the impression that a lot of the stuff at Disney is for little kids but anyway I've been reading up on this Return of The Mummy Ride for quite some time and it sounds like one heck of an experience. A 'dark' ride as it is being called. The tv commercial really made it look good so it makes me lean even more over towards USO because the Mummy ride look like it is sometrhing for bigger people, not little kids. This is just my opinion. Secondly I know everyone is going to shoot me for tihs too but what is 'Everest?' I haven't even heard about it, can soeone fill me in???:veryconfu

Let me point out that some things are for little kids, the family, and older kids at WDW. Not all for little kids. Take for example, Rockin Roller Coaster: A 0 to 60 launch, loops, all in the dark! Definately for little kids.;)

Anyway, Everest is supposed to be Disney's biggest thrill sensation. It's going to be at Animal Kingdom and will be a giant mountain made to resemble Mt. Everest. You board Mine trains and travel up the montain on a lift. Once you get to the top, you find the track to be a wreak, and you go on a wild mine train chase and with an encounter with a GIANT Yeti. Rumors are that the Audio Animatronic Yeti will lift the train ( useing EMG tecknology in the track ) and send it down the track backwards. The top speed will be 50mph which will be faster than the Mummy's 40mph.

Security

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Let me point out that some things are for little kids, the family, and older kids at WDW. Not all for little kids. Take for example, Rockin Roller Coaster: A 0 to 60 launch, loops, all in the dark! Definately for little kids.;)

Anyway, Everest is supposed to be Disney's biggest thrill sensation. It's going to be at Animal Kingdom and will be a giant mountain made to resemble Mt. Everest. You board Mine trains and travel up the montain on a lift. Once you get to the top, you find the track to be a wreak, and you go on a wild mine train chase and with an encounter with a GIANT Yeti. Rumors are that the Audio Animatronic Yeti will lift the train ( useing EMG tecknology in the track ) and send it down the track backwards. The top speed will be 50mph which will be faster than the Mummy's 40mph.

Ok, well I didn't mean EVERYTHING at WDW was designed for little kids. I mean there are things for teenagers and adults and so on and so forth to do but don't get me wrong there ARE a lot of rides designed for the younger scence, hence everythig behind Cinderella's Castle. What I'm saying is yes WDW has things for teens but USO and IOA have more,
And thank you very much for explaning 'Everest':D

imagineer99

Ok, well I didn't mean EVERYTHING at WDW was designed for little kids. I mean there are things for teenagers and adults and so on and so forth to do but don't get me wrong there ARE a lot of rides designed for the younger scence, hence everythig behind Cinderella's Castle. What I'm saying is yes WDW has things for teens but USO and IOA have more,
And thank you very much for explaning 'Everest':D

I'm 18, so I know that the average teenager only wants thrills. That's about it....thrills. For this reason, USO appeals to this audience due the inclusion of so many thrill rides.

A true theme park experience should not be based on poorly themed roller coasters with exposed metal intanglements everywhere (i.e. hulk). Instead, it should transport the guest to a different world. Thrills, while great fun, are not the focal point of Disney. Disney holds itself to a much higher standard in terms of an overall experience.

In my opinion, the best rides in Disney have little if any thrill in them. Shows like the American Adventure, prove that heart and imagination is what counts--not the fact that you can travel from 0-60 in 2 sec.

Don't get me wrong I love thrill rides, but I think in this high speed generation all anyone cares about is how fast or thrilling something is. People have lost sight of what is truly inspiring.
That to me is just plain sad.

DDuckFan130

Well dont you worry, I have arrived!!! USO Rules!:D

At least you guys are handling yourselves with a bit more maturity than other USO aficionados. I'm guessing you are NOT 14 right? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom