The Mountains of Disney

red345

Original Poster
I've heard some rumors floating around about the WDW Mountains:
1) Expedition Everest will be opening sooner than later, possibly in Jan. 2006. During that time they may be duing soft opening for it but that is it.
2) Space Mountain will be getting a new rehab job similar to what they did on the other Space Mountains, but this may not happen because of all the events coming up.
3)Big Thunder may be going do for rehabs in the saftey dept., but this may have already happened. They also maybe putting in new ride vehicals for a smoother ride.

If you have heard anything about these or other rumors. Tell me

Captain Hank

The only one I've actually heard before is the one about Everest. It's certainly a possibility, but it's also not confirmed by a long shot. I'll be down there in Jan 2006 for the half-marathon, and it'd be great if E:E was open, but I'm not counting on it, and nobody should plan their vacation around it, as has been done in the past with some attractions rumored to open early.

I've heard a lot of wishing for a Space rehab, but nothing even remotely approaching a confirmed rumor. Personally, I'm all for it.

I've heard absolutely nothing about Big Thunder.

DisneyFan 2000

Mariosdad said:
Didn't they shut BTMRR for a short time for safety reasons when they had the accident in California?

Nope, it was already in refurbishment. All they did was push the opening date a few days... ;)

Splashman

1) There is a possibility of EE opening early. They are ahead of schedule in construction and it could be opened as early as late 2005 - early 2006.

2) There is nothing scheduled for Space Mountain at this time with the 50th celebration coming up.

3) Thunder Mountain already under went a massive refurbishment following the accident in California. During the refurbishment, which closed the ride for a few months, they repainted everything, including the mountain, and redid all the track work, making them more safe. They also updated the computer systems used to control the attraction.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Splashman said:
1) There is a possibility of EE opening early. They are ahead of schedule in construction and it could be opened as early as late 2005 - early 2006.

2) There is nothing scheduled for Space Mountain at this time with the 50th celebration coming up.

3) Thunder Mountain already under went a massive refurbishment following the accident in California. During the refurbishment, which closed the ride for a few months, they repainted everything, including the mountain, and redid all the track work, making them more safe. They also updated the computer systems used to control the attraction.

1) There is ALWAYS a possibility for something to open early. Theres also possibilities it will be delayed.

2) Agreed.

3) Correct, except for the fact that it was down for refurb BEFORE the accident. Everything they did was planned before the accident occured.

___
Note: These comments are for the thread in general, not meant as a reply only to the poster, he did a good job explaining everything so I quoted him.

WEDMagic

just to confer

Just to back that last post up Big thunder was down before the Cali Accident I worked over in Frontier/ Liberty at the time

Lynx04

Thrawn said:
1) There is ALWAYS a possibility for something to open early. Theres also possibilities it will be delayed.

2) Agreed.

3) Correct, except for the fact that it was down for refurb BEFORE the accident. Everything they did was planned before the accident occured.

___
Note: These comments are for the thread in general, not meant as a reply only to the poster, he did a good job explaining everything so I quoted him.

1) Like Dark Measures stated, check back when Sept rolls around.

2) I am all for it, as long as it isn't a clone. Like I stated in the other thread about SM, WDW's SM is has the largest show building, it would be sad to see WDW pass on a great opportunity to add show scenes.

3) It is true that BTMRR was close for rehab when DL had the accident. And disney did extend the rehab to check for safety, which I think was more for PR then to actually add safety features.

thunder mountain

due to the accident in california, disney wanted to be extra careful so they had the ride painted safety orange.

it went from being a cheesy ride to being a cheese ride.

not amused? orange ya glad this post is nearly over?

-billy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom