The most you've paid for one day entertainment ticket?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
The 1/2 day wdw tickets got me thinking.....with the price of "events" through the roof these days, what's the most you've shelled out for a one day event? A concert, a sporting event, anything. and it can be inflation adjusted. 100 bucks wouldn't seem like a lot today but in 1970, that would be the equivalent of almost 500 bucks today (if my math is right).

Ok for me it was those pesky Hamilton tickets. jeez louise, almost 425 by the time fees and taxes were added on. jury is still out on whether or not it was worth it. lol.
Went to see the stones recently, definitely worth it.

ppet

Bowl games are probably the most expensive single day event I have attended. Not counting travel I've easily spent 200 to 300 per person for one of these.

mdcpr

The 1/2 day wdw tickets got me thinking.....with the price of "events" through the roof these days, what's the most you've shelled out for a one day event? A concert, a sporting event, anything. and it can be inflation adjusted. 100 bucks wouldn't seem like a lot today but in 1970, that would be the equivalent of almost 500 bucks today (if my math is right).

Ok for me it was those pesky Hamilton tickets. jeez louise, almost 425 by the time fees and taxes were added on. jury is still out on whether or not it was worth it. lol.
Went to see the stones recently, definitely worth it.
Hamilton was definitely worth it.

Janir

absolutely. anything.
Victoria and Albert's dinner in the Queen Victoria room. Cost me ~$700 all day with tip. (EDIT: Ok my 1/2 of dinner was $350 so technically my event cost was just that. I did buy dinner for the DW that night and I wouldn't have spent any of the money if I hadn't planned on proposing to her that night... I'll let eliza61nyc be the judge.)

Of course I was proposing to my now DW that night at the fireworks on the Grand Floridian dock and she didn't know any of it at the time. 😈

Ricky Spanish

Paid $1240(face value) for two tix to see the Rolling Stones on their 50th anniversary tour.
Center stage, maybe 20 rows back.
The best concert I've ever seen.
Saw them again this summer at Soldier Field.
Only paid around $600 for three tix.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Victoria and Albert's dinner in the Queen Victoria room. Cost me ~$700 all day with tip. (EDIT: Ok my 1/2 of dinner was $350 so technically my event cost was just that. I did buy dinner for the DW that night and I wouldn't have spent any of the money if I hadn't planned on proposing to her that night... I'll let eliza61nyc be the judge.)

Of course I was proposing to my now DW that night at the fireworks on the Grand Floridian dock and she didn't know any of it at the time. 😈
You're my hero!! Lol

Wonderful stories guys.

prberk

I paid $400 per ticket once to take my mother to a George Strait concert on his final tour, for seats down front that included a dinner with other fans and a "museum" of memorabilia from his personal collection to see before dinner. It was fun and meant something to her.

But looking at the prices of everything here, it does underscore exactly how expensive Walt Disney World has become, comparatively.

Bartledvd

Probably my 14 day Disney tickets that currently work out to around $37 a day .

I am just not someone who would want to go to any event and not be front row and at the same time I would not pay the huge prices for a few hours entertainment.

Also with theme park tickets I can just move on to something else if I don't like the view or someone near me smells or takes up to much space without feeling I have wasted money.

macefamily

2011. The Jonas Brothers were actually touring small theatres because their teen fans were getting older and the crowds were dwindling down. Bought my daughter a backstage meet and greet for $250. She was thrilled. The day before the show they cancelled the tour and broke up. She was devastated.
However, she has gone to see two of their shows on the new tour in 2019. Now they're filling stadiums and arenas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom