Trip Report The most magical place on Earth… answered our call.

Hey there, it’s been a while. I’ve had little time to participate on these boards, between navigating this crazy world with my little ones, and keeping somewhat of a distance from Disney after the pain of canceling our 2021 trip. My 2022 New Year’s resolution was to not let the pandemic stop me living my life (which it very much had). I don’t regret it, as it has kept my family safe, but it obviously came at a price. They have lost a lot. As I looked to May, I had moments of elation, thinking about how this trip would open their eyes. But I also had a lot of emotional breakdowns... scared, stressed, and worried that this trip wouldn't be what it should be. I truly did not let myself believe this trip was going to happen until two weeks to launch. One night, I randomly decided to check park reservations, and I saw our arrival day filling up. I didn’t know they were filling up so fast! I literally thought it was only a few days prior. I panic-bought tickets and that was that. Guess we were going! Of course, no vaccine for my kids came, and the numbers were creeping up, but I was holding true to my resolution. It was time for some faith, trust, and pixie dust. I could finally shout it from the rooftops. We were going home. To Walt Disney World!

Who: Me, Husband J, Nemo (3yo son), and Boo (1yo daughter).
Nemo was 15 months old on his first trip in September 2019. He’s grown so much and is the brightest kid. Amazing memory. He loves to sing Happily Ever After, and also shout “DADDY! HELP ME!” a la Finding Nemo: The Musical in public, which draws some concerned looks from folks nearby. Boo likes... whatever her brother likes. Oh, and dress up. She wears her Moana outfit every day and demands “Moana song”. During lunch time, nap time, you name it.

What: Our first trip to Walt Disney World as a Party of 4!

When: May 4th - May 14th
Originally, this was supposed to be our typical week-long trip… but when I started looking at flights, I found significantly cheaper arrival flights a few days prior. When I calculated the flight savings against the cost of extra nights, it was shockingly close. Before I could even finish my proposal to J, he said, “Book it.” I don’t always have the time or energy to remember why I married him these days, but this has got to be one of those reasons. 10 whole nights and 11 whole days at our happy place! We’re making up for lost time.

Where: Pop Century Resort
Yup, I still love my Values. Plus, kids are expensive. And, we need to try out that Skyliner!

Why: When people asked me how many kids I wanted, I always said two. Because Disney was made for a family of four. They laughed, but I was being 100% serious.

Clearly I didn’t do a pre-trip report because within those two weeks, I realized how much studying I had to do on all the changes Disney has been through. I wasn’t even going to do a trip report because I don’t know how interesting this may be to others, and I might not even have enough pictures to share for each day, and also, what is free time? But I’m giving it a shot because it helps me relive our memories, and that makes me happy. So here we go!

Our flight was at 6am. Yup. So you can guess how much sleep I got that night. And yes, I woke two babies at 3am. Despite all this, the flight actually went really well. Nemo was zoned in on the iPad, and Boo fell asleep on me the whole time. Thank you, Universe. We arrived at MCO before 9am and hopped on Mears Connect and were standing in the Pop Century Lobby before 10. It felt so familiar. The smell of the lobby, the sounds of the food court… and this happy sign.
DSC01228.JPG

Our room was not ready, so we carried straight on to what was sure to be one of the highlights of our trip: visiting the Cars section of Art of Animation. Nemo is an absolute Cars fanatic and had no idea what was in store for him. He talked nonstop about ‘meeting Lightning’ at Disney, but he didn’t know he’d be meeting all the Radiator Springs gang, or seeing the Wheel Well or the Cozy Cone Motel either. We had anticipated this moment for a long time. He walked casually towards the back of the Cars section and started to trot, then run, then before he knew it, he was standing right in the middle of Radiator Springs.
DSC01251.JPG

I loved this sign. A Happy Place. I plan on making a version of it and putting it on his bedroom door. We’d be back to visit our friends many times, that’s for sure. But now we had to acquire sunscreen. Very important.
DSC01262.JPG

The kids were very intrigued by the chandelier fixture and excited to see familiar faces on the walls. Every little detail was something to talk about. Keep in mind these kids have not been in a store for two years (which is to say, Boo has never been in a store before). But it's time to live life. And they were SO excited to see all the toys in Ink and Paint - it’s like they couldn’t believe their eyes. And then the concept started clicking for Nemo. “Let’s buy this!” So now he knows that buying things doesn’t have to be delivered in an Amazon box.
DSC01263.JPG

We promised them we’d buy things later, and headed back out to explore the other sections of AoA. Saw an elephant graveyard, a dinglehopper, and snarfblatt… and Boo’s seemingly favorite Disney princess at the moment, much to J’s dismay. (He thinks Ariel is the dumbest princess).
DSC01268.JPG

DSC01285.JPG

We went back to each lunch at Landscape of Flavors. Per usual, I spent two weeks poring over Quick Service menus trying to preplan what my kids should eat. J was on his own. Which would explain why he got some Orange Chicken “Special”. I got the kids a Turkey Sandwich kids meal which looked kind of sad, but I didn’t know how picky they’d be and this was about as bland as it gets. Plus, I liked the milk and fruit that came along with it. They devoured it and I realized that they would probably not be able to share a kids meal anymore. I got the Shrimp and Grits which was SO tasty, albeit salty, which is probably why it was so tasty.
DSC01286.JPG

We got the text that our room was ready so we started to make our way back to Pop Century. They ogled at the gigantic Crush along the way, and then we just had to stop at the Righteous Reef playground for a while.
DSC01297.JPG

As we walked across Hourglass Lake, a new attraction took hold of their attention. The Skyliner. To say Skyliner was a big hit this trip would be an understatement. All four of us were OBSESSED with this thing. We would test it out later, but for now, we needed to go to our room to unpack and relax a little. Our room was in the 50’s Section, and kind of a far one at that, but it was on the corner, nice and quiet, and we had a blissful view of the lake and Skyliner that we’d admire every day. The refreshed rooms were wonderful! Sorry for the shoddy pictures. I did not have a good relationship with our camera this trip, and I eventually gave up on it and used my phone.
DSC01313.JPG

The Murphy Bed was the perfect gift I didn’t know I needed, with our gigantic double stroller and all. The kids immediately started jumping on the bed and Boo looked at the Mickey painting and waved and said “Hi Mickey!” and I could not stop smiling. We set them up with a few cartoons and started unpacking. I love unpacking on Disney vacation. Then it was time to hit the pool! We went to the Bowling Pin Pool just outside our room, where Nemo had a great time paddling around in his lifevest, Boo stuck to me in Koala position, and we talked about our new friends, Lady and Tramp.

After a while, we decided it was time for our next activity:
DSC01334.JPG

Skyliner joyriding. And it indeed brought us lots of joy!

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
We excitedly boarded a gondola and waited with anticipation. When the cabin started to take off, it was an immediate 'woahhh' from all four of us. I mean, I saw it from afar, but I was not prepared for how fast it went or how quickly it ascended. Or descended. It was cool stuff. Seeing Spaceship Earth from the Skyliner was the "omg, we're finally here at Disney" moment. And when we told the kids, "Look, it's Epcot!" Boo would say, "Epcot, WHERE?!" and continues to say WHERE after she sees or hears Epcot today.
DSC01339.JPG

We realized we didn't even know the routes very well, and just winged it. We got off at Caribbean Beach and decided to take the Hollywood Studios route. It was quiet, and breezy, and the woman's voice was cool, and we were all just grinning from ear to ear. Experiencing things for the first time is still one of the best things ever.
DSC01341.JPG

We were not nearly done with flying today, so we went back to Caribbean to take the Epcot route.
DSC01345.JPG

I haven't stayed at Caribbean since I was a kid and definitely haven't been by to see it or anything like that. They're not lying when they say the resort is big. Every time I ask J if we should stay at a Moderate, he says, "I ain't taking a bus to get milk!"
DSC01346.JPG

As we started getting closer to Epcot, I noticed Boo starting to nod off. But she wouldn't let me pick her up off the bench to hold her. She really wanted to keep up with the fun. So I literally watched her teeter back and forth until she fell into my waiting arms just as we landed at the International Gateway station. She was asleep on my shoulder as we got on our next gondola back to Caribbean and then to Pop. With Boo asleep, it was just Nemo soaking it all in. In that moment, J and I both just looked at him in disbelief at how much he has grown since the last time the three of us were at Disney.

It was not even 4pm and it was dinner time. QS was the only way for us this trip, so Mobile Order was our best friend. This is probably the worst picture ever of the Signature Pimento Bacon Cheeseburger (J). I got a Barbecued Pork Sandwich, and the Garden Salad with Chicken for the kids. That worked out well, cause they got their protein and veggies, and I even got some salad in J. Everything Pop was empty, Boo was still out, and Nemo enjoyed watching the Disney music videos on TV.
DSC01361.JPG

At some point, J went to go get another fork or something, and when he came back to the table, he had this a grin on his face. I was like, "What?" And he said, "It’s so good to be back."

It had been a long day for us, so we finished dinner and went back to our room to bathe and wind down. We decided to do lights out... at 5:30pm. It’s so funny how things have changed for us and the way we Disney, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

belledream

Original Poster
I was awake very early that morning, trying to get my bearings with Genie+. We were very much soured by the idea of paying for Fastpasses, but there was no debate for us. With two young kids and waiting in indoor queues during this time, the writing was on the wall. Nemo woke right before 7. I was curious what his reaction would be to waking up in WDW. I watched him sit up in the dark and smile as he realized where he was. He said “Are we going to Magic Kingdom to ride all the rides?” Boo remained sound asleep through all the breakfast, bathroom, and changing commotion. Nemo was rearing to go. He kept moving her hand and saying, "Boo. I want you to wake up. I want to ride all the rides."

We went to the bus stop and holy moly, the line was long. But three buses came at the same time and we were on in no time. I even got a seat and was able to fit both kids on my lap. We wore masks, and I was very proud of my kids for understanding the importance of keeping them on. Once we got off the bus, we were greeted by an arriving Ferryboat, a passing by Monorail, and all the things I was just bursting to point out to them. And upon entering Main Street, there were big smiles all around seeing this beauty:
DSC01390.JPG

We just wanted to take it all in. My kids loved hanging out by the Hub fountains, and then we watched a little bit of Let the Magic Begin before heading to Fantasyland at official park open. I don't know if they processed that they were actually seeing Mickey and Minnie for the first time.

Our first Lightning Lane was Small World. Strategic, I know. But we really wanted that to be our first ride because I had bought this book for them and we have read it multiple times a day leading up to the trip. It's so cute.
91WrbULnFBL.jpg

And even though Genie+ is essentially paid FP (made more difficult by not being able to alter times), I was still unsure of what our strategy should be. So I decided we'd just try to do one after another. Cutting each 15 minute line into 5 or less would help in our situation. I also thought that Small World would be a tame, therefore perfect, introduction to Disney rides for my little Boo. But upon stepping into the boat, she refused to face forward and clung onto me in koala position again for the entire ride. I actually loved it - her head resting on my chest. Reminds me of her baby days. She was still wide-eyed and interested. Just backwards. Nemo, on the other hand was pointing and exclaiming things that were in his book, identifying landmarks such as Big Ben and the Eiffel Tower.
DSC01439.JPG

Next, we hopped for a quick spin on Carousel before it filled up and I had planned to sit with Boo but she shoved me off and wanted her own horse. Then we walked leisurely through a pretty empty New Fantasyland to ride the Little Mermaid, which they both thoroughly enjoyed. Nemo still talks about the "going underwater" part.
DSC01501.JPG

Then it was off to Storybook Circus for some Dumbo. I rode with Boo and J rode with Nemo. Man, the parental stress of securing the requested color Dumbo is real. Nemo had to have the green Dumbo, and so Boo and I rode the pink one behind. Nemo would turn around and yell, "HI GUYS!" and the happiness on his face was so precious. This was most definitely Boo's favorite ride (just like her mother!)

We had been hyping Nemo up to ride his first rollercoaster: Goofy's Barnstormer. He was game. I wanted to see if Boo was tall enough but she did not want to stand up straight for the measuring stick, so I just took Nemo and J and Boo watched us. (I don't think she was tall enough anyways). As I walked up the path holding Nemo's hand, it brought back to when I took my little brother on this ride when we were young. Nemo said he liked it, but when we asked him if he wanted to go again, it was a resounding, "No."

It was time for an early lunch at Pecos Bill. J wanted the Taco Trio and I shared the Fajita Platter with the kids. I didn't get a picture because we sat in the corner of the darkest room and I could barely see my food or my kids.

After lunch, it was time to visit the Haunted Mansion. I also had a book for this attraction, and I think it helped! Nemo wasn't fazed at all and was excited to see Madame Leota and the Hitchhiking Ghosts. Boo hugged me real tight and I think may have fell asleep briefly.
91fOWSRxMYL.jpg

From there, we trekked to Tomorrowland to ride the Speedway. It was sure to be one of Nemo's favorites, and definitely my least. Since we have a Party of 4 now, I couldn't rely on J to drive me around, so I had to subject Boo to my terrible driving. Also, it was getting SO HOT. I have never sweat so much in my entire life. I've been in Florida during temperatures this hot, but I think all the carrying kids and pushing strollers just exacerbated the sweat situation. After Speedway, I ran over to Cheshire Cafe and forked over $5.99 for this All Mixed Up Slushy. It gave the kids a little boost and I got some cute pictures of them sipping it together, so it was all worth it.
DSC01527.JPG

We waited about 15 minutes to ride the Tomorrowland Transit Authority ("BLUE RIDE!") which was about the longest the waited this whole trip and I am very grateful for that. Also for all the old and new memories it continues to provide. They were SO CUTE sitting side by side and looking at all the sights. I loved every minute of it. The breeze, the end car, being together...
DSC01551.JPG

Once we got back in the stroller, I actually leaned Boo back and told her to lie down and she did and she fell asleep. Yay, I have a stroller sleeper! We walked back towards the Hub and caught Mickey's Magical Friendship Faire. Nemo zoned out a little, and J and I got to relax a bit. Perfect. Then we moseyed on over to Adventureland and got Nemo a map from A Pirate's Adventure to pass the time. But Boo soon woke up and was ready for one of their most anticipated rides: Pooh! We are a Winnie the Pooh household, and I couldn't wait for them to see the Hundred Acre Wood come to life. Oh and pop into Mr. Sanderz's house. It was the most perfect ride for them, one that would need to be repeated for sure. Boo even sat on her own. And they loved exploring the shop afterwards, asking me to buy everything from Goofy's Candy Co. candy to knitted Pooh Christmas stockings.

Next up was Magic Carpets. The spitting camel after was the highlight moreso than anything else. This was mainly filler before Festival of Fantasy. There weren't many people lining up to watch, so we got good spots easily. They were in awe, and the pointing and waving commenced.
DSC01593.JPG

It was 4pm, which meant that dinner was calling us. Columbia Harbor House, here we come! J worked so hard today, I let him get the $16 Lobster Roll. But he was definitely eyeing my Sea Captain Catch burger sandwich thing. The kids split the Grilled Salmon kids meal and Nemo discovered he likes hush puppies and Boo helped herself to fries. (Both like their father!)
DSC01599.JPG

Nemo had been asking to go on the Liberty Belle all day, and it was the right time for that. We walked right on after dinner and parked it by the second floor view of the paddle wheel. It was "I want to watch the water wheel" the whole time. It was a nice break from the day, and a good preview to all the other fun that awaited us (on future MK days).
DSC01612.JPG

We were going to go home, but Nemo opted for one more ride: Pirates of the Caribbean, which he knows from this third and final book:
91DmzShipL.jpg

(I'm not the author of these books or anything. I just want to document everything I can possibly remember). Anyways, both kids were surprised with the drop and while Boo reverted back to koala position, Nemo was in awe of the big ship, cannons, fire, and of course, the gift shop.
DSC01621.JPG

It was about 5:30 and time for us to leave. We stopped by the Main Street Fire Station on our way out for our little man. Came back to hotel and Nemo requested the gift shop. He knows what’s in there. He chose a Mickey and Minnie TTA car, which I secretly wanted for myself so I was pleased with that purchase. And while I was going to wait for another day to find Boo the perfect souvenir, she found it herself. She kept coming back to the $34.99 Baby Jasmine-in-a-blanket and so I told her “go give it to Daddy” and without hesitation, she ran towards J who was standing at the cash register and said "DADDY!" And he smiled because he just knew. It was so sweet and one of my favorite moments.

Back to the room, they splashed in the tub, ate snacks all over the bed, and watched the Bedtime Stories on TV. We read our Disney books, which were all familiar sights now! Nemo found obscure places to run his new car (the headboard) and Boo hugged Jasmine. They both said “my toy!” Our first day in the parks as a Party of 4 was a success, and there are so many more to come. This is literally all I ever wanted.

Last edited:

We love Edna Mode

Enjoying your report and you gave me a great idea… We will be there in the fall with my grandson and not being familiar with all the resorts, I’m going to take him over to A of A our first day there. We have no real plans since it’s a travel day and we r staying at Port Orleans. He loves Cars so this will make him so happy and we will throw in a little lunch and the magic will have begun! Thank you for your report.

belledream

Original Poster
Great report so far!
Thanks for reading!

Enjoying the read
Glad to hear :) will try to keep it up!

There is nothing quite as special as seeing Disney thru your Children’s eyes.
So well said. The magic is well and alive because of them. <3

Enjoying your report and you gave me a great idea… We will be there in the fall with my grandson and not being familiar with all the resorts, I’m going to take him over to A of A our first day there. We have no real plans since it’s a travel day and we r staying at Port Orleans. He loves Cars so this will make him so happy and we will throw in a little lunch and the magic will have begun! Thank you for your report.
So happy to hear this! Yes, AoA is a great visit for a Cars lover. :) We stayed at POFQ for Nemo’s first trip. There’s very fun water play area for kids next to the main pool, and you can also hop to POR’s as well (not sure which one you’re at). Lovely walking paths between the two, or boat rides, and also boat to Disney Springs. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Loving the TR so far!

Two quick questions if you don’t mind:

1) was the Mears Connect one of the buses or one of the vans?

2)How many months is Boo? (I have an 11mo so just trying to gauge for future trip planning.

belledream

Original Poster
Loving the TR so far!

Two quick questions if you don’t mind:

1) was the Mears Connect one of the buses or one of the vans?

2)How many months is Boo? (I have an 11mo so just trying to gauge for future trip planning.
Of course! Our Mears was a bus. Just like DME without the branding, video, etc. We actually did take a Mears van on the way home due to our bus being late though. 😑

Boo is actually 22 months, so almost 2. 😂 I got so used to calling her 1 when asked. Nemo was 15 months on his first trip which I wrote a (much more thorough) TR here if it’s helpful in any way.

Thanks for following along!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Of course! Our Mears was a bus. Just like DME without the branding, video, etc. We actually did take a Mears van on the way home due to our bus being late though. 😑

Boo is actually 22 months, so almost 2. 😂 I got so used to calling her 1 when asked. Nemo was 15 months on his first trip which I wrote a (much more thorough) TR here if it’s helpful in any way.

Thanks for following along!

Ohhh. Excellent. I’m thinking of a trip when my little is about 20 months old so I think both of your TRs will be very useful.

MickeyCB

Here and following and enjoying your report.
And I bought all of the Disney Little Golden books for my granddaughter. She's a little too young to get them, but she was 10 months old the first time she rode It's A Small World and we printed out one of her pictures from that ride and included it with the book.

belledream

Original Poster
We established our breakfast tradition this next morning. Nemo discovered that sitting on our bed, eating his breakfast (KIND Bar and GoGo squeeZ yogurt) and looking out the window at the Skyliner cabins was, in fact, the definition of living the life. I treasure those quiet moments, just the two of us awake, and being able to bring a smile to his face by surprising him with the view.

Today would be our first morning of using Skyliner to actually get to the parks, and it was luxurious! The kids were so excited as we walked right on to our own gondola. I still picture their anxious little selves waiting for the go ahead and then running into the cabin and climbing onto the benches. We enjoyed a beautiful, breezy ride to Epcot, and Nemo was a huge fan of the turning station. We had not planned to try to rope drop anything crazy since we didn't even know what time we'd be up, but we were past the International Gateway before 8:30.
DSC01685.JPG

Since we were here, we thought we'd try Remy's Ratatouille Adventure. I honestly kept forgetting this ride existed. I am not a huge fan of Ratatouille, only due to the reason that I hate rodents. I acknowledge the ridiculousness.
DSC01688.JPG

DSC01689.JPG

DSC01690.JPG

DSC01691.JPG

DSC01693.JPG

Everything was going well until we got inside near Gusteau's. The announcement came on that the ride was down and there was no estimate of when it'd be back. We bailed and headed back out to enjoy the time we had left of an empty World Showcase.
DSC01700.JPG

Nemo and Boo loved all the topiaries we saw along the way.
DSC01703.JPG

Someone was getting a little trim.
DSC01714.JPG
That's really why we were here. To celebrate Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival.
DSC01708.JPG

J and I haven't been to Disney in May since 2012, and we had been dreaming of coming back to see Epcot in bloom. It's just so beautiful, and it's nice to slow down and take time to stop and smell the roses.

belledream

Original Poster
I missed my fountain, I missed those purple spinny things, and I just missed seeing the word 'Innoventions'. But I'm looking forward to the future.
DSC01715.JPG

This was the view I had been dreaming about.
DSC01723.JPG

And more topiaries for our enjoyment.
DSC01727.JPG

And the floating flower beds! Love these babies.
DSC01728.JPG

Nemo cracked a big smile at Woody, who was also on his shirt.
DSC01729.JPG

Our first stop would be The Seas with Nemo and Friends. I loved looking down at Boo's little head and smelling her hair as she sat on my lap. And Nemo was wide-eyed and asked to hold my hand. I’ve been waiting for that Big Blue World moment for a long time.
DSC01745.JPG

Seabase did not disappoint! Nemo was screaming about the fish, sharks, sea turtle, and a dolphin, but his favorite is definitely the massive sting ray that swam right up and over him. Boo was shy again and refused to be put down, so we held her for the entire time we were there.
DSC01767.JPG

She warmed up on Living with the Land, where she shouted "flower!" and "fish!" Now she's excited about flowers and fish?!
IMG_5742.JPG

Nemo loved the fruits and veggies.
IMG_5744.JPG

I loved everything.
DSC01784.JPG
Epcot feels a little different, but Living with the Land made it feel like home again.

belledream

Original Poster
Here and following and enjoying your report.
And I bought all of the Disney Little Golden books for my granddaughter. She's a little too young to get them, but she was 10 months old the first time she rode It's A Small World and we printed out one of her pictures from that ride and included it with the book.
That is SO cute! 🥰

belledream

Original Poster
Nemo has been familiar with 'The Epcot Ball' for a while now, but it wasn't until now that he realized one could go IN the big ball. He said YES! So up the ramp he and Boo walked, hand in hand. Boo wanted to sit on her own this time, but she did accept holding my hand the whole ride. I hope they develop nostalgic scenes from this ride like I did as a kid. This is the only picture I got, as the ride stopped here briefly.
IMG_5764.JPG

Our next stop was Imagination Pavilion. Not sure how much they understood about Journey into Figment, but at least now they know the character and song. The fountains in the pavilion were the highlight. Nemo liked standing under the jumping one and Boo watched warily, a little further back. We spent a long time here, and it was the first time I really got to take in the new area loop music. I enjoyed it, though the old one holds a special place in my heart.
DSC01814.JPG

As we were leaving, we noticed a very important friend in the distance! I really enjoyed these distanced character sightings. We could take our time, interact, and watch them put on acts of their own. In this case, Pooh was playing hide and seek behind his net.
DSC01790.JPG

It was time to head to World Showcase for lunch. J and I wanted to get the Jambon Buerre from Les Halles, but the line was surprisingly long. So we went for Option #2, Katsura Grill. But it didn't open until 12! We were all hungry and I was panicking, so I mobile ordered at Regal Eagle and that saved us. The kids had a Cheeseburger with sides of baked beans and watermelon, and J and I decided to split a Sliced Texas Beef Brisket Sandwich, thinking we'd get something from a F&G booth or try Les Halles again later.
DSC01829.JPG

J regretted sharing because it was so good. Also, with hungry kids, we don't have time to take nice food pics anymore. Then we watched the Germany trains a bit which Nemo thoroughly enjoyed and did not want to leave. Expected.
DSC01846.JPG

Boo liked hanging around the Seven Dwarves topiaries and tried to name them. "Happy! Sleepy! Grumpy!" It was hot but breezy. We kept walking, and stopped for pictures of Boo in her Anna dress at Norway in front of Anna and Elsa topiaries. "Who dat?"
DSC01864.JPG

I could tell they needed a pick me up, so a classic Mickey ice cream bar it was! They devoured it and had matching chocolately faces. Then it was time for the Gran Fiesta Tour, which both of them are so into, for whatever reason. As we entered the Mexico's marketplace area, I asked Nemo if we were indoors or outdoors and he said outdoors. Magic! Man, the beginning of that ride, the smell of San Angel, really brought me to back to our Party of 2 days. And now there are 4. :)

Since we didn't ride Remy this morning, I ended up buying Individual Lightning Lanes for it. I wanted to be disgusted with myself, but we deserved this. So we traversed halfway around the world again for this new experience.
IMG_5811.JPG
They liked wearing the glasses and though their feedback was limited, I’m sure they were intrigued by the type of ride since that’s new to them. I liked it but not sure I'd need to do it every single time I would be at Epcot. The screens kind of reminded me of Universal. We hung around the fountain outside, and they tried on some Remy ears at the souvenir stand.

Nemo announced he was as hungry and Boo looked tired, so we went to solve both issues. Boo stroller napped in the shade of Japan and I grabbed Nemo a Chicken Teriyaki kids meal from Katsura Grill. Got him lemonade and a cookie as special treats and he said he wanted to save some for Boo when she woke up. He also blew the fan on her to 'keep her cool'. My heart. So sweet. We enjoyed Matsuriza while he ate about half of the meal, and I saved the other half of the food in the empty cup for Boo to eat when she woke. We took a quick walk in the Kawaii museum for the AC and decided we would go watch trains again before heading back to the resort to swim. On our way out, we finally got that Jambon Buerre which was a good Lunch Part II.
IMG_5837.JPG
IMG_5838.JPG
Everyone was fed enough to be held over til after swimming. We thoroughly enjoyed our Skyliner ride back to Pop. (I do not miss that Epcot bus stop walk!) We changed into our swimsuits and headed to the Hippy Dippy Pool this time. We got sprayed by the flowers, and the kids declared that a one and done. The splash area was the way to go. Nemo was all over those water jets, lying down in the water, and made a new friend there. Boo was content just splashing herself.
IMG_5894.JPG

We decided to eat dinner in our room today, so I took the kids back to 50's while J stopped by the food court to pick it up. By the time I walked the two of them back to the room, J was just seconds behind us. Nemo kept running and dropping his hat on purpose. Boo laughed at her brother’s antics. They horsed around in the bathtub. Nemo slides down the tub and Boo collects cups of water and displays them. Note to self: bring some kind of bath toys for next vacation.

Then it was Disney Junior and dinner in bed like the royal highnesses that they are. Nemo wanted to wait for the Cars 3 Bedtime Story (which is one the last ones) and I couldn't say no to that face. He held his Peoplemover toy and Boo asked for Jasmine. Then she asked for the Peoplemover toy and offered him Jasmine (“here you go”). He was not interested in the trade, but kindly shared. Then it was bedtime because tomorrow, we were going to see the animals! These kids have fully embraced the concept of vacation.

rshell68

Clearly I didn’t do a pre-trip report because within those two weeks, I realized how much studying I had to do on all the changes Disney has been through. I wasn’t even going to do a trip report because I don’t know how interesting this may be to others, and I might not even have enough pictures to share for each day, and also, what is free time? But I’m giving it a shot because it helps me relive our memories, and that makes me happy. So here we go!
I'm so thankful for any and all trip reports posted on here! I truly enjoy people's willingness to share in their trips. Thank YOU for taking the time to put it together! Seeing Disney through others eyes helps keep the magic alive!!

Sbk1234

Loving your trip report! Even though I just got back from a Disney World trip only a few weeks ago, I find that I'm already suffering withdrawl. Trip reports like yours help with that. I've never been to Pop Century or even Art of Animation, so I really appreciate seeing your photos of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom