Trip Report The most magical place on Earth… answered our call.

Hey there, it’s been a while. I’ve had little time to participate on these boards, between navigating this crazy world with my little ones, and keeping somewhat of a distance from Disney after the pain of canceling our 2021 trip. My 2022 New Year’s resolution was to not let the pandemic stop me living my life (which it very much had). I don’t regret it, as it has kept my family safe, but it obviously came at a price. They have lost a lot. As I looked to May, I had moments of elation, thinking about how this trip would open their eyes. But I also had a lot of emotional breakdowns... scared, stressed, and worried that this trip wouldn't be what it should be. I truly did not let myself believe this trip was going to happen until two weeks to launch. One night, I randomly decided to check park reservations, and I saw our arrival day filling up. I didn’t know they were filling up so fast! I literally thought it was only a few days prior. I panic-bought tickets and that was that. Guess we were going! Of course, no vaccine for my kids came, and the numbers were creeping up, but I was holding true to my resolution. It was time for some faith, trust, and pixie dust. I could finally shout it from the rooftops. We were going home. To Walt Disney World!

Who: Me, Husband J, Nemo (3yo son), and Boo (1yo daughter).
Nemo was 15 months old on his first trip in September 2019. He’s grown so much and is the brightest kid. Amazing memory. He loves to sing Happily Ever After, and also shout “DADDY! HELP ME!” a la Finding Nemo: The Musical in public, which draws some concerned looks from folks nearby. Boo likes... whatever her brother likes. Oh, and dress up. She wears her Moana outfit every day and demands “Moana song”. During lunch time, nap time, you name it.

What: Our first trip to Walt Disney World as a Party of 4!

When: May 4th - May 14th
Originally, this was supposed to be our typical week-long trip… but when I started looking at flights, I found significantly cheaper arrival flights a few days prior. When I calculated the flight savings against the cost of extra nights, it was shockingly close. Before I could even finish my proposal to J, he said, “Book it.” I don’t always have the time or energy to remember why I married him these days, but this has got to be one of those reasons. 10 whole nights and 11 whole days at our happy place! We’re making up for lost time.

Where: Pop Century Resort
Yup, I still love my Values. Plus, kids are expensive. And, we need to try out that Skyliner!

Why: When people asked me how many kids I wanted, I always said two. Because Disney was made for a family of four. They laughed, but I was being 100% serious.

Clearly I didn’t do a pre-trip report because within those two weeks, I realized how much studying I had to do on all the changes Disney has been through. I wasn’t even going to do a trip report because I don’t know how interesting this may be to others, and I might not even have enough pictures to share for each day, and also, what is free time? But I’m giving it a shot because it helps me relive our memories, and that makes me happy. So here we go!

Our flight was at 6am. Yup. So you can guess how much sleep I got that night. And yes, I woke two babies at 3am. Despite all this, the flight actually went really well. Nemo was zoned in on the iPad, and Boo fell asleep on me the whole time. Thank you, Universe. We arrived at MCO before 9am and hopped on Mears Connect and were standing in the Pop Century Lobby before 10. It felt so familiar. The smell of the lobby, the sounds of the food court… and this happy sign.
DSC01228.JPG

Our room was not ready, so we carried straight on to what was sure to be one of the highlights of our trip: visiting the Cars section of Art of Animation. Nemo is an absolute Cars fanatic and had no idea what was in store for him. He talked nonstop about ‘meeting Lightning’ at Disney, but he didn’t know he’d be meeting all the Radiator Springs gang, or seeing the Wheel Well or the Cozy Cone Motel either. We had anticipated this moment for a long time. He walked casually towards the back of the Cars section and started to trot, then run, then before he knew it, he was standing right in the middle of Radiator Springs.
DSC01251.JPG

I loved this sign. A Happy Place. I plan on making a version of it and putting it on his bedroom door. We’d be back to visit our friends many times, that’s for sure. But now we had to acquire sunscreen. Very important.
DSC01262.JPG

The kids were very intrigued by the chandelier fixture and excited to see familiar faces on the walls. Every little detail was something to talk about. Keep in mind these kids have not been in a store for two years (which is to say, Boo has never been in a store before). But it's time to live life. And they were SO excited to see all the toys in Ink and Paint - it’s like they couldn’t believe their eyes. And then the concept started clicking for Nemo. “Let’s buy this!” So now he knows that buying things doesn’t have to be delivered in an Amazon box.
DSC01263.JPG

We promised them we’d buy things later, and headed back out to explore the other sections of AoA. Saw an elephant graveyard, a dinglehopper, and snarfblatt… and Boo’s seemingly favorite Disney princess at the moment, much to J’s dismay. (He thinks Ariel is the dumbest princess).
DSC01268.JPG

DSC01285.JPG

We went back to each lunch at Landscape of Flavors. Per usual, I spent two weeks poring over Quick Service menus trying to preplan what my kids should eat. J was on his own. Which would explain why he got some Orange Chicken “Special”. I got the kids a Turkey Sandwich kids meal which looked kind of sad, but I didn’t know how picky they’d be and this was about as bland as it gets. Plus, I liked the milk and fruit that came along with it. They devoured it and I realized that they would probably not be able to share a kids meal anymore. I got the Shrimp and Grits which was SO tasty, albeit salty, which is probably why it was so tasty.
DSC01286.JPG

We got the text that our room was ready so we started to make our way back to Pop Century. They ogled at the gigantic Crush along the way, and then we just had to stop at the Righteous Reef playground for a while.
DSC01297.JPG

As we walked across Hourglass Lake, a new attraction took hold of their attention. The Skyliner. To say Skyliner was a big hit this trip would be an understatement. All four of us were OBSESSED with this thing. We would test it out later, but for now, we needed to go to our room to unpack and relax a little. Our room was in the 50’s Section, and kind of a far one at that, but it was on the corner, nice and quiet, and we had a blissful view of the lake and Skyliner that we’d admire every day. The refreshed rooms were wonderful! Sorry for the shoddy pictures. I did not have a good relationship with our camera this trip, and I eventually gave up on it and used my phone.
DSC01313.JPG

The Murphy Bed was the perfect gift I didn’t know I needed, with our gigantic double stroller and all. The kids immediately started jumping on the bed and Boo looked at the Mickey painting and waved and said “Hi Mickey!” and I could not stop smiling. We set them up with a few cartoons and started unpacking. I love unpacking on Disney vacation. Then it was time to hit the pool! We went to the Bowling Pin Pool just outside our room, where Nemo had a great time paddling around in his lifevest, Boo stuck to me in Koala position, and we talked about our new friends, Lady and Tramp.

After a while, we decided it was time for our next activity:
DSC01334.JPG

Skyliner joyriding. And it indeed brought us lots of joy!

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
Late but here!

giphy.gif
Yay! Welcome aboard :)

I'm so thankful for any and all trip reports posted on here! I truly enjoy people's willingness to share in their trips. Thank YOU for taking the time to put it together! Seeing Disney through others eyes helps keep the magic alive!!
Thank you for saying that! 🥰 It's very true. Wish I had more time to devote to it but I'm happy to relive the memories in any way possible.

Loving your trip report! Even though I just got back from a Disney World trip only a few weeks ago, I find that I'm already suffering withdrawl. Trip reports like yours help with that. I've never been to Pop Century or even Art of Animation, so I really appreciate seeing your photos of it.
The withdrawal is real, and now I have two little people experiencing it as well and it's even worse. 😅 Glad to have you along!

Loving your report and all the stories of your kids perspectives!
Hey there, thank you! The World definitely revolves around them now, as I'm sure you know. ;) Thank you for reading!

Zipadeelady

Ok, I'm going to sound so old here. My son is now 19 and Nemo reminds me of my sons first trip.

You will go on so many trips in the future and they will all be great trips, until they hit preteen years then they'll only be good trips then the kids will be in their 20's and they will be great trips again, but you will always look back at this past one and remember all these memories and it will be your best trip you've ever had. This is why I keep going back to Disney, that first trip as a family and the looks on my kids faces.

Loving your report!

belledream

Original Poster
Absolutely love how big brother Nemo looks after Boo 🥰 Great report so far.
Aww thank you! He's a sweet boy, and I'm so happy they'll grow up close and be the best of friends. :D Thanks for reading!

Ok, I'm going to sound so old here. My son is now 19 and Nemo reminds me of my sons first trip.

You will go on so many trips in the future and they will all be great trips, until they hit preteen years then they'll only be good trips then the kids will be in their 20's and they will be great trips again, but you will always look back at this past one and remember all these memories and it will be your best trip you've ever had. This is why I keep going back to Disney, that first trip as a family and the looks on my kids faces.

Loving your report!
Ok, you're going to make me cry! 😭 I know you are right. This one was special. ❤️

belledream

Original Poster
They both talked in their sleep last night. Boo said “Epcot, where!” And Nemo said “That’s MY truck!” I love the thought that they’re dreaming about Disney.

We always said we would be almost more excited to take kids to Animal Kingdom than Magic Kingdom, and here we were! Not quite at 7am open, cause that's crazy, even for our childless days. It was a day in the shade of all the fauna that AK offers. Look who was out enjoying the morning with us! These guys were super active!
DSC01889.JPG

We just took a minute to appreciate the beauty of this place.
DSC01893.JPG

I guess one could say taking our time turned out to be a mistake because we went to Kilimanjaro Safaris thinking it was early enough for a short wait, and it was already at 40 minutes. We couldn't do it, so I added to my list of disgusting decisions and bought Genie+ on the spot to get a LL for later. Yes, I need a Cone of Shame.

We started over with Gorilla Falls and saw a hippo going up for air. That was pretty cool. But we spent most of the time watching the gorillas, of course.
DSC01904.JPG

We didn't have any very interesting sightings at Maharajah Jungle Trek (no tigers) and the kids were pretty mellow this morning, just chilling in the stroller, until we reached the DVC booth in Asia with the orange car and tic tac toe game. They suddenly came to life, climbing over and touching everything. We journeyed all the way to Dinoland, USA because Nemo was ready for his first real big boy ride: Dinosaur.
DSC01941.JPG
We have a Timerover car (it was my brother's from his Countdown to Extinction obsession) that Nemo loves playing with. So he has been looking forward to riding the Timerover (without really knowing what he was getting himself into). I took him on the ride because it is actually one of my favorites, and J and Boo would hang around outside waiting for us. We walked right on, and as I held him during the preshow, he kept yanking my ponytail and laughing. When the doors opened, we walked down towards the Timerover and he was READY! But then, it was “Mommy, get me off the ride now" every chance he got. Boo was happily waiting for us at the ride exit, and we rode Triceratops spin as a family of 4, and admired Donald's Dinobash truck.

Then we went to the Boneyard, which was a little intense to follow them around, but we found the Dig Site. My first thought was PASS, but then I thought, it’s vacation, let them do it. And I’m so glad we did because it was truly the hit for them. They huddled together and scooped up rocks (tiny rocks instead of sand, much better!) and dump it into buckets. It’s such a cute idea for kids and gives parents a rest.
IMG_5998.JPG

It was lunch time, which meant we had to leave the Dig Site, which meant there were tears. But Satuli Canteen was calling us and we will never pass up an opportunity at those bowls. Nemo was in actual awe of Pandora. That surprised me. I didn't think he'd really care since he's had no exposure to Avatar. But he ran up to them and was like "LOOK, LOOK!" I guess, what kid isn’t going to look at this otherworldly sight and not be amazed?
IMG_6010.JPG
We got our usuals: Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef Bowl (J) and Chopped Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl (Me + kids, mainly kids). They liked the noodles and Nemo especially liked the boba balls. After we ate, I decided to go back and get a Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse to surprise them.
DSC02033.JPG

Their faces when I walked up to them carrying this thing: 😮

belledream

Original Poster
It was time for our Safari LL. The line looked daunting still, but moved fairly quickly. I think it was about ten minutes. As it wasn't morning anymore, I didn't expect the best sightings, but it was decent enough. Not that it matters - Nemo perked up 100 times more for fellow Safari trucks or regular old pickup trucks more than any animal. Boo was a little tired but I did hear her talking to herself.
DSC02050.JPG

DSC02055.JPG

DSC02056.JPG

DSC02062.JPG

DSC02063.JPG
The random goat display surprised me. Staffing shortage?

After that, I popped into Zuri's to get some kind of blue raspberry slushie drink to keep us going. While waiting for my order, I admired these displays. Haven't had much time to do that and just found myself smiling in the middle of the shop.
IMG_6046.JPG

We decided to take the Wildlife Express to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. It was a little sad to see all the cutbacks, but the train ride was the highlight anyways. We pet some goats, and I had to tell the kids they couldn't go on the goat playground. And inside, the kids enjoyed the exhibits that were there. I miss Songs of the Rainforest.
DSC02064.JPG
When we had left the Dig Site earlier, we gave them the "We'll come back" line. And we were reminded by Nemo of that "promise". So it was back to the Dig Site we go. I gotta say, I really enjoyed getting to sit down in the shade and not worry about them. 10/10 would recommend. But then again, there were tears again as we left.

Boo requested to lie down in the stroller meaning she was tired, but she didn’t sleep until we were about to go on Navi River Journey. I I picked her up to get in line and she deliberately rested on my shoulder and instantly fell asleep. So I sent J and Nemo to go explore Windtraders while Boo took a power nap. When Boo awoke, we went into Windtraders to find Nemo wielding a sword.

I think they were equally intrigued and spooked by Navi River Journey.
DSC02123.JPG

We wanted to catch KiteTails before we left, so we walked all the way back to Asia, just to be told the show was canceled 'due to high winds'. A kite show... too much wind... I actually facepalmed. FINE. We settled for watching the cars speed down Expedition Everest which turned out to be thoroughly entertaining. Nemo started asking if he was big enough to ride (no go) and is now asking if he will be big enough next time (cue my stress).

As we made our way towards Discovery Island, we got some Kevin love! Boo was definitely concerned.
DSC02134.JPG

We stopped by the shops because Nemo was yapping about buying something all day, and so we let him get the 50th Anniversary hauler truck. It is quite nice looking. When I handed it to him, he said, "Oh! Thank you!" This guy has got me wrapped around his finger still.

We took our time enjoying the Oasis. The kids walked through the cave, across the bridge, and found a rainbow by the waterfall. It was lovely.
IMG_6108.JPG

That was a wrap on our time at Animal Kingdom. It's almost the best park for some moments of solitude. Well, as much solitude as you can get with two toddlers. We headed back to Pop and bought Boo a Skyliner toy (more of a display item) so both kids got something today. We happily displayed the Skyliner cabin in our window and it brought lots of smiles to us for the many days to come.

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
Today was Mother’s Day! We woke up extra early and just sat in bed waiting for the Skyliner to start moving. When I came back from the bathroom, Nemo had this grin on his face and said softly, "Happy Mother's Day." Boo said "happy day mom mom".
IMG_6132.JPG
Our Skyliner ride was borderline chilly this morning! It had suddenly cooled off today, and it was most welcome. We got to Hollywood Studios early, and had our most relaxing morning yet. Kids craned their necks to see Mickey on their own, and spent some time analyzing the tow truck by the stroller rental place.
IMG_6144.JPG
We didn't want to repeat the AK/Safari debacle of today with Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, which was very high priority for us. So we had decided last night that we would buy Genie+ for today. It would also open up the possibilities for us to do a few other rides that we would have otherwise skipped.

We took a pleasant, empty walk down Sunset Boulevard just to go check out Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy. I had read a blog post once that made fun of people who headed to the Racing Academy at Rope Drop. Yup, that's me! Well, sorta. We just wanted to check out the displays before heading to our MMRR LL. As Nemo walked into the courtyard and saw Cruz Ramirez, he started running, and looked back at me with a huge grin on his face. We'd come back for a show later this morning, but now, it was time for something new:
DSC02181.JPG

Nemo found this Hidden Mickey all by himself, unprompted at that. The indoctrination is going well.
DSC02184.JPG

The ride was so cute, and we all enjoyed it! We didn't know what to expect, having successfully avoided all reviews/spoilers. Now I can finally put a tune to "Nothing Can Stop Us Now" and nothing can stop me from singing it.
DSC02185.JPG

After that, we headed to Toy Story Land, which we were very excited for. Nemo has the Pixar Ball from his first trip and he was going to be reunited with the bigger one.
DSC02198.JPG

Toy Story Mania was originally on my skip list without Genie+ since I didn't think the kids would get or appreciate it, and I am so glad we got to do it because they were into it! The queue, the glasses, the crazy turns. I rode with Boo and we got this mediocre score. But look at that accuracy!
IMG_6158.JPG

Toy Story Mania was a hit and Nemo kept asking to "do the shooting game" again. Our next LL would be for Alien Swirling Saucers, but it was a little further back. So we walked around a bit, then decided it was time to go to LMQ Racing Academy for real. On the way, we saw Chip and Dale having a picnic. We stopped and watched their antics for a long time.
Capture2.PNG

And finally, Nemo's dream came true. He got to meet Lightning, just as he said he would. I caught a lot of smiles and some clapping. This was our first 'show' so I was surprised Boo actually sat still. My expectations were exceeded impressed with this show. I thought Lightning actually looked really good, and the whole simulator thing would be fun for any Cars fan. We left very satisfied.
Capture.PNG

We walked over to 'Vacation Fun', whatever that was. Not to watch the movie, but just to see the displays at the end. I had seen pictures of people posing in front of a potato and I wanted to surprise J with the photo opp since he thinks Potatoland is the funniest thing ever. I originally thought this would be at the end of MMRR and had to ask a CM "Where can you take pictures with the potato?"

Then it was lunchtime at ABC Commissary. J got the Chicken Club Sandwich, and I got the Pork Taco to share with the kids, which was rejected. So I got to eat Pork Tacos and J only got to eat half a Chicken Club Sandwich. It wasn't great, but at least ABC Commissary has stepped it up a little.
DSC02248.JPG

We'd be heading over to Galaxy's Edge after this. J had a date with Rise of the Resistance, or as I kept telling the kids, "some Star Wars thing."

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
The kids were super intrigued as we walked through the tunnel to Star Wars Land. We made a grand circle around, through the crowded marketplace, watched some weird machine thing at Ronto Roasters, and then got a nice view of this. It must have made some kind of imprint on Nemo because he has recently said, "I like Star Wars." My little boy is growing up.
DSC02260.JPG

Though at the time, he didn't appreciate being threatened by Stormtroopers.
DSC02277.JPG

We left J at the Rise of the Resistance entrance. I had to convince him it was ok to buy an Individual Lightning Lane for this.
"But I want to wait to do it together."
"I could not care less."
End of discussion.

I was excited for him. I know he's been longing to do this, and tried very hard not to get spoiled. We didn't know how long it would take, but we weren't going to wait around. I took the kids to Hollywood Boulevard to watch the Pixar Pals Motorcade. It was super short, but sweet.
DSC02283.JPG

Nemo loved following Buzz's car at the end. Now I've also become one of those people that do this??
IMG_6198.JPG

I decided to treat the kids to another Mickey Ice Cream Bar, before heading to Muppets Courtyard to wait for J.
IMG_6205.JPG

We hung around the alleyway in the back, where the kids found the Hidden Mickey in the paint splatter, and just enjoyed climbing on various benches. It was sad to see that all the shops back here were closed. Definitely felt like something was missing.

Got a text from J saying he was on his way, and the kids were very happy to see him walking towards them from afar. We spent more time playing by the snowman near Mama Melrose's, which was cute because I have so many childhood pictures at this exact spot, and now my kids do too!

I asked J how the ride was and he said it was really good. I could tell he had genuine appreciation for it. A few of his pictures below:
IMG_4349.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

Well, now that we have a young Star Wars fan on our hands, maybe J will have a buddy.

It was time for our Alien Swirling Saucers ride. I sat with Nemo and he was silent until the last 5 seconds and he let out this huge scream. Kids are weird. After that, I grabbed a LL to meet Olaf. This would be our first Meet and Greet, and I'm glad this wasn't our all-important Mickey M&G because we needed this practice. Nemo just stood in front of Olaf and stared at him, and Boo wouldn't let me put her down and held on so tightly to my neck and was like, "NO THANKS, NO THANKS." So the picture we have is of the backs of my kids' heads and me smiling. After that, I figured that we were done with our LLs, but I took one last quick look and found a Slinky Dog LL! I couldn't believe my luck. Guess Nemo was going to be riding another big boy ride in a few hours!

Time for a Beauty and the Beast show! Boo was so adorable during this. She sat on my lap and pointed and said "Cogsworth" and was seemed delighted by the dancing. Not gonna lie, I teared up during the last scene. This music just GETS ME.
Capture3.PNG

We popped into Walt Disney Presents and the two of them ran around like crazy pointing at the displays. Nemo pointed at the Tower of Terror display and was like, "I want to ride the elevator ride!" And I was like, "No you don't." They were also both very interested in the Disney Wish display. I have a few Disney Cruise Line pictures and artwork around the house so they are familiar with the term, but now they know the concept. And now I am looking at DCL itineraries and prices...
IMG_6244.JPG

It was time. Since I got to take Nemo on Barnstormer and Dinosaur, I told J he should take Nemo on Slinky Dog. Boo was in her own little lala land so I parked her under the shade by a merchandise cart and waited for the Slinky Dog to come down the big hill. Oh, it was so surreal seeing Nemo's small little face on such a big ride. I saw J point at me and wondered if he was thinking anything other than "Get me off this ride". It was pretty much spot on. Then I went by myself, and gave him a big wave in return. Now he always says to me, "Mommy, did I see you on Slinky Dog?"

It was pretty early, and we were going to eat at the resort, but J has this undying love for Backlot Express' Cuban Sandwich, so we ended up here. Plus, they had a Teriyaki Chicken Bowl I was intrigued by, mainly to incorporate a few edamame into the kids' diets. It turned out to be pretty zesty too.
IMG_6253.JPG

We were ready to leave the park. I honestly felt like it had been our best day yet. The weather was nice and cool, so that helped. And it just didn't seem as crowded. I had texted my friend and she said, "Not all moms are cool Hollywood Studios moms." I guess that's true. Where would most moms want to spend their day at whilst at WDW?

The audio in our Skyliner cabin was not working, which was fine. I barely noticed and was just enjoying the sights. Then as we approached our final destination, I heard Nemo's voice say, "We are now gliding over the sparkling waters of Hourglass Lake." He never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
Yeah on New Star Wars fans! This report is bringing back memories for me of our first trip as a family of (then) 4.

Nemo seems really engaged and having a great time!
Aww thank you! You have such a beautiful family. ☺️

Enjoying this! Your pictures are great!
Thank you! Pics were hit or miss, but what's important is that they help us remember things, right? 😁

Sooo much fun and your writing is wonderful!! Nemo and Boo seem to be having some real memories and isn't that what it's all about?
Monsters Inc Hug GIF
Oh yes! Makes everything all worth it. ❤️ Thank you for reading!

belledream

Original Poster
With all four parks under our belts, today was going to be a rest day. And what better way to spend a non park day, than to try something new? Introducing: Skyliner Resort Day. We started out by going to Riviera.
IMG_6292.JPG
I was very excited to see the murals which I've glimpses of online.
DSC02323.JPG
DSC02324.JPG

We admired them, and the fountain, for a little bit... until Nemo shouted, "Get me my Mickey Waffle!" We came to Riviera for breakfast because Primo Piatto offers four Mickey waffles for the same price that Pop Century offers for only 3. Excuse me?! We sat outside and it was just gorgeous. The breeze felt divine, and it was shaping up to be the coolest day yet. The kids were adorable with their waffles. Every time I come with food, their faces are like o.o and there were both Mickey and Minnie waffles, so they each claimed theirs.
IMG_6350.JPG

Riviera was prettier than I thought it’d be, and I enjoyed the vibe. It was sophisticated, but laid back. I particularly enjoyed the music. Then we went inside to check things out. My eyes feasted on all the different artwork at every turn.
IMG_6333.JPG

IMG_6340.JPG

IMG_6346.JPG

IMG_6348.JPG
A quick stop in the lobby before we head back outside to play some of the lawn games.
IMG_6341.JPG
IMG_6347.JPG
There was cornhole, giant chess, Connect 4, and bocce ball. The kids loved rolling those balls around. It was the perfect way to pass spend the morning. I was so content just sitting there watching them enjoy themselves. J was trying to teach Nemo about 'elastic collisions'. There was an elderly couple who made conversation with us. The typical, where are you from, what do you do... and when J said he was an engineer, they were like, "Oh, that all makes sense now."

belledream

Original Poster
We decided to walk over to Caribbean Beach. The kids played in the sand and I got to lie on a hammock for maybe 30 seconds. J took this really cool picture of a birdhouse, and we all just enjoyed the tranquility.
DSC02381.JPG

We made our way to Old Port Royale, keeping an eye out for the Surrey Bike rental, cause that's what we were selling the kids on today. But a CM told us that Surrey Bike rentals at CBR were no more! They need to update their website then.
IMG_6399.JPG

But not all was lost. We ventured to the little playground hidden on the island and watched the kids climb all over that for a bit. They also tried to climb the cannons by the water in perfect synchronization. As we crossed the bridge and admired the view, Nemo pointed out a Hidden Mickey made of lilypads in the water.
IMG_6429.JPG
We attempted to play some ping pong before walking back to Riviera for the the #1 reason I was here today: the Tuna Nicoise Salad. I freaked out when I saw this on the menu during my meal planning. I LIVE for this at Be Our Guest lunch, and since that is no longer an option, I would 100% be having it at Primo Piatto. OMG... so good. I dream about this.
IMG_6443.JPG

J also freaked out because they had a Croque Monsieur, also like Be Our Guest. Man loves his burgers and sandwiches with fries.
IMG_6442.JPG

The kids actually requested pizza today, even Boo! So I got them a Sausage and Pepperoni Hearth-baked Pizza which was actually really good. I might have to order two the next time we come.
IMG_6439.JPG

We sat at the same table we ate breakfast at, and enjoyed the beautiful, 80 degree day. The kids took to Connect 4 this time, with Boo putting as many rings on her arms as possible. Then we walked past the Riviera Skyliner station to the other side of Caribbean for some more sand time. I came prepared this time and brought extra cups and spoons from lunch so they could dig and pour. We really enjoyed having the gondolas glide above our heads.
IMG_6468.JPG

A swift ride back on the Skyliner and we went back to our room so the kids could watch some cartoons before we hit the pool. Then we visited our Cars friends at AoA again, and ate at Landscape of Flavors with a view of these guys.
IMG_6591.JPG

The kids ran around the Nemo playground again, then J suggested we go explore the other side of Pop, since we had only kept to our side so far. That turned out to be a great idea because the kids saw some familiar faces...
IMG_6608.JPG

And got to walk under some giant toys... Boo kept saying "Big Wheel" after this.
IMG_6611.JPG

And of course, see Goofy with his red car. Then it was time for our usual bedtime routine. It's been so enjoyable, spending all this time together in our tiny room. Was our trip really at the middle point? We had done a lot, but there was so much more to do. Tomorrow would be our biggest day of all.

belledream

Original Poster
Today was the big day. Fireworks day! Or so we hoped. We were a little skeptical the kids could make it til 9pm, and were definitely concerned about the logjam trying to get home. We just decided to wait and see what the day would bring. The Kids woke up before 6, and we were in MK at 7:45 am.
DSC02445.JPG

Today's morning activity was jumping off the ledge by the fountain. Brought me back to when I used to make J do jumping pics with me. How embarrassing. Then we headed to Fantasyland to do an exact repeat of our first MK day: Small World and the Carousel. Nemo started happy dancing while waiting for the carousel, and Boo copied.

Then it was time for our first LL of the day: Peter Pan's Flight! 40 minutes at rope drop... crazy. I was very excited to take the kids on this one. They waited in anticipation has we boarded our pirate ship. Nemo: "Pirate ships don't fly!" They do with a little faith and trust. And pixie dust! We actually watched this movie to prep for this ride, and it definitely helped! Nemo was identifying characters left and right.
DSC02507.JPG

Hopped in a clamshell to visited Ariel, and then it was off to Storybook Circus, where we rode on Dumbo, said hi to Casey Jr., and popped into Storybook Treats where they were eyeing those sweets for sure.
DSC02534.JPG

Then it was off to the Hundred Acre Wood for our most favorite ride. Nemo would say, "Oh hello Pooh! Hello Eeyore! Hello Rabbit, Kanga, and Roo!"
Capture.PNG

I wanted to diversify the places we took them to eat for lunch, so I chose Pinocchio Village Haus even though the menu wasn't particularly appealing. I thought Nemo would be in awe of the Small World viewing area, but he knew what it was right away since he realized it from the ride itself. He also kept calling this restaurant "Pinocchio Cottage House" after this. Tries so hard to remember things, and gets pretty darn close! Lunch was actually not bad. J had the All-Meat Flatbread and I had the Margherita Flatbread which was delightfully mozzarella-y and the balsamic glaze was a good touch. I got the kids Chicken Fingers and they ate some of our pizza too.
IMG_6761.JPG

After lunch, we had a few things we wanted to do in Tomorrowland, so we decided to take the scenic route through the castle. Kids were in awe of the murals, and then I got to ogle at these tapestries which I hadn't noticed before.
IMG_6779.JPG

There's nothing quite like Tomorrowland area loop music welcoming you. We rode on Buzz for the first time where we all squished into one car. That was kind of fun.
Capture2.PNG

Then I was subjected to the Speedway again. But today was much, MUCH cooler than our first MK day. In fact, I don't think I had sweat at all today. The good weather was continuing.
IMG_6795.JPG

After that, we took a spin on Mad Tea Party because why not? Kids were a little wary of that one. We then went back into Big Top Treats to grab that little something for the kids. They chose a Mickey sugar cookie with blue frosting on the ears. They each chomped away at an ear and it was gone in a flash.

I wanted to go to Liberty Square to see if they were still doing the silhouettes there. J and I had ours done on our honeymoon, and Nemo's on his first trip, so it was time for Boo's! We were surprised by Mickey's Celebration Cavalcade and enjoyed a quick run-in with our friends. That's what I first realized how catchy this song was.
IMG_6816.JPG

Good news! Silhouettes were still in business. Even better news! The CM who did it was the same one who had done Nemo's. So Boo's turned out perfectly. Theirs match perfectly. And it finally compelled us to hang them up on our wall at home after all this time.

It was time for us to take a midday park break. If we wanted any chance at watching Enchantment tonight, we would need a solid afternoon of rest. But not at Pop Century. Our kids are adventurers.
DSC02566.JPG

As we walked down Main Street, we could hear the Dapper Dans singing, Pooh and friends were waving at us, and we were all smiles as we headed toward the monorail station.

fractal

We decided to walk over to Caribbean Beach. The kids played in the sand and I got to lie on a hammock for maybe 30 seconds. J took this really cool picture of a birdhouse, and we all just enjoyed the tranquility.
View attachment 642996
We made our way to Old Port Royale, keeping an eye out for the Surrey Bike rental, cause that's what we were selling the kids on today. But a CM told us that Surrey Bike rentals at CBR were no more! They need to update their website then.
View attachment 642997
But not all was lost. We ventured to the little playground hidden on the island and watched the kids climb all over that for a bit. They also tried to climb the cannons by the water in perfect synchronization. As we crossed the bridge and admired the view, Nemo pointed out a Hidden Mickey made of lilypads in the water.
View attachment 642998We attempted to play some ping pong before walking back to Riviera for the the #1 reason I was here today: the Tuna Nicoise Salad. I freaked out when I saw this on the menu during my meal planning. I LIVE for this at Be Our Guest lunch, and since that is no longer an option, I would 100% be having it at Primo Piatto. OMG... so good. I dream about this.
View attachment 643001
J also freaked out because they had a Croque Monsieur, also like Be Our Guest. Man loves his burgers and sandwiches with fries.
View attachment 643000
The kids actually requested pizza today, even Boo! So I got them a Sausage and Pepperoni Hearth-baked Pizza which was actually really good. I might have to order two the next time we come.
View attachment 642999
We sat at the same table we ate breakfast at, and enjoyed the beautiful, 80 degree day. The kids took to Connect 4 this time, with Boo putting as many rings on her arms as possible. Then we walked past the Riviera Skyliner station to the other side of Caribbean for some more sand time. I came prepared this time and brought extra cups and spoons from lunch so they could dig and pour. We really enjoyed having the gondolas glide above our heads.
View attachment 643002
A swift ride back on the Skyliner and we went back to our room so the kids could watch some cartoons before we hit the pool. Then we visited our Cars friends at AoA again, and ate at Landscape of Flavors with a view of these guys.
View attachment 643003
The kids ran around the Nemo playground again, then J suggested we go explore the other side of Pop, since we had only kept to our side so far. That turned out to be a great idea because the kids saw some familiar faces...
View attachment 643004
And got to walk under some giant toys... Boo kept saying "Big Wheel" after this.
View attachment 643005
And of course, see Goofy with his red car. Then it was time for our usual bedtime routine. It's been so enjoyable, spending all this time together in our tiny room. Was our trip really at the middle point? We had done a lot, but there was so much more to do. Tomorrow would be our biggest day of all.

Love "Skyliner Resort Day"!

belledream

Original Poster
Monorail, monorail, monorail. Nemo had been asking to ride it nonstop for the past 7 days. So much so, that "monorail" became a part of Boo's vocabulary as well. Well, as they have realized... ask, and Mommy and Daddy will deliver.
IMG_6845.JPG

They eagerly climbed out of the stroller to sit on the monorail. As we approached Contemporary, Nemo asked, "Are we going to fit?" Once we exited, we were treated to another up close exhibit of the monorail moving through the resort. Nemo's jaw actually dropped and he went WOAHHHH.
Capture.PNG

We wandered through the shops a little bit, and the kids sat on cute little kid chairs in the lobby and watched a few cartoons. But our main reason for being here was to get Boo to nap. We did the exact same thing with Nemo in 2019. I definitely got a bit of deja vu. We parked it by a deserted conference wing and J held Boo while she slept soundly. I tried to coax Nemo into closing his eyes but he was wide awake and ready to watch Youtube on my phone for the next 1.5 hours. It was a good break for all of us.

When Boo awoke, I felt our fireworks success-o-meter trend majorly upward. And we were off to our next stop: Polynesian Resort. Got the kids leis and they both giggled when we put it around their necks because "that tickles"/"dat tickle"!
IMG_6875.JPG

I have always been interested in trying out Capt. Cook's, but we never found the time to fit it into our schedule. But today was the day, and it delivered. Probably my favorite meal of the trip. (Besides Tuna Nicoise Salad of course). I gave Nemo the choice of Thai Coconut Meatballs or Pan-Asian Noodles and Vegetables, and he chose the meatballs. So I got the noodles to share. J salivated over the Aloha Pork Sandwich. It was a lot of food, and it was oh so tasty. A nice departure from what we've been eating. To top it off, we sat outside by the pool and watched the kiddie area waterworks go off. It was great entertainment and the weather was just beautiful. I didn't think it could get better than yesterday, but it did.
IMG_6880.JPG

Stuffed, we walked around the grounds for a good while. It was quiet. The breeze was lovely, and it swayed all the fauna around us and I gained newfound appreciation for this resort.
IMG_6884.JPG

J and I just took everything in while the kids giggled with each other in the stroller. Good times.
Capture2.PNG

I would have loved to stop by Grand Floridian as well, but we had been talking about taking the kids to Tom Sawyer Island because we knew they'd love to run around and explore there. Since it closes on the earlier side, we wanted to make sure we allotted time for that today, with the weather being perfect and all. So it was back to the Magic Kingdom we went.

As predicted, Tom Sawyer's Island was a hit. Starting with the raft ride, to the chessboard where Boo enjoyed stacking in a tower. When it fell, she made a concerned face and cried, "Oh no!" Both were absolutely obsessed with the water wheel, and we had to come back multiple times to see it.
IMG_6893.JPG

They also enjoyed the ship wheel, the windmill, and the barrel bridges. (J was having a lot of fun on that one). The caves were actually scarier than I remembered. I did not care for that, personally.
IMG_6897.JPG

It was shaping up to be a picturesque evening. (And our first one, at that. We would usually be getting ready for bed by now).
Capture3.PNG

But not today! Mama's gonna make sure of that.
Untitled.png

Plug 'em with some Orange Dole Whip. That'll do the trick!

belledream

Original Poster
We squeezed another ride of Pirates in. Boo graduated and sat forward this time instead of koala style! We also rode Small World again since it's definitely a family favorite. Then it was welcome to Magic Kingdom at night, kiddos! This includes some of my most favorite things ever. The colorful, lit-up water of Dumbo...
DSC02626.JPG

...and Tomorrowland at night. As we turned the corner from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland I asked J, "Is it lit up? Is it lit up?"
DSC02670.JPG

You know I'm talking about the Blue Ride. We didn't ride it earlier today because we were specifically waiting for this moment.
DSC02674.JPG

And it was worth it. The vibes are just different. And the kids noticed too.
DSC02678.JPG

"It's the Cinderella Castle at night!!!"
DSC02680.JPG

Enchantment was starting in 15 minutes. Our plan was to watch towards the entrance of Main Street. Even though we wouldn't be able to see the castle projections, it would save us some time getting to and on the bus, and we thought that tradeoff would be worth it. Besides, we figured the kids would be looking up towards the sky most of the time anyways. I brought a surprise for them. Two Disney light up toys that I got for free at home. Bam! Saved me 60 bucks and brought HUGE grins to their faces. They stared at them the entire time until the fireworks began.

I was so fixated on watching their faces and reactions that I didn't even process that I was about to see a new fireworks show myself. Enchantment is no Happily Ever After, that's for sure. But it had some powerful moments, particularly the Moana songs which Boo loves. (Nemo actually said, "This song is different than the one in the movie"). And hugging Boo tightly while standing next to Nemo and J as my kids, who have not got to live like this, ever, got to watch fireworks the way only Disney can do it, was special to me. We wished for this, we believed, and the magic was here.
IMG_6968.JPG

Once the show ended, we booked it to the bus stop and were within the dividers, so that was a win right there. On top of that, the bus came right away, and we were on in no time. I gave Nemo his light up toy back on the bus (which now thinking about it, may have been annoying to the people next to us, sorry) and he stared at it for the entire ride back. When we pulled into Pop, I told him to give it back to me so he wouldn't drop it as we disembarked, and the next thing I knew, he fell asleep! Kid was literally staring at that thing for 15 minutes to keep himself awake! Woke him up to get off the bus like a minute later and the first thing he said was, "Can I have my toy back?" He spun it and chatted with his sister as we walked all the way back to our room.

LisaBelle

They both talked in their sleep last night. Boo said “Epcot, where!” And Nemo said “That’s MY truck!” I love the thought that they’re dreaming about Disney.

We always said we would be almost more excited to take kids to Animal Kingdom than Magic Kingdom, and here we were! Not quite at 7am open, cause that's crazy, even for our childless days. It was a day in the shade of all the fauna that AK offers. Look who was out enjoying the morning with us! These guys were super active!
View attachment 642533
We just took a minute to appreciate the beauty of this place.
View attachment 642534
I guess one could say taking our time turned out to be a mistake because we went to Kilimanjaro Safaris thinking it was early enough for a short wait, and it was already at 40 minutes. We couldn't do it, so I added to my list of disgusting decisions and bought Genie+ on the spot to get a LL for later. Yes, I need a Cone of Shame.

We started over with Gorilla Falls and saw a hippo going up for air. That was pretty cool. But we spent most of the time watching the gorillas, of course.
View attachment 642535
We didn't have any very interesting sightings at Maharajah Jungle Trek (no tigers) and the kids were pretty mellow this morning, just chilling in the stroller, until we reached the DVC booth in Asia with the orange car and tic tac toe game. They suddenly came to life, climbing over and touching everything. We journeyed all the way to Dinoland, USA because Nemo was ready for his first real big boy ride: Dinosaur.
View attachment 642537We have a Timerover car (it was my brother's from his Countdown to Extinction obsession) that Nemo loves playing with. So he has been looking forward to riding the Timerover (without really knowing what he was getting himself into). I took him on the ride because it is actually one of my favorites, and J and Boo would hang around outside waiting for us. We walked right on, and as I held him during the preshow, he kept yanking my ponytail and laughing. When the doors opened, we walked down towards the Timerover and he was READY! But then, it was “Mommy, get me off the ride now" every chance he got. Boo was happily waiting for us at the ride exit, and we rode Triceratops spin as a family of 4, and admired Donald's Dinobash truck.

Then we went to the Boneyard, which was a little intense to follow them around, but we found the Dig Site. My first thought was PASS, but then I thought, it’s vacation, let them do it. And I’m so glad we did because it was truly the hit for them. They huddled together and scooped up rocks (tiny rocks instead of sand, much better!) and dump it into buckets. It’s such a cute idea for kids and gives parents a rest.
View attachment 642540
It was lunch time, which meant we had to leave the Dig Site, which meant there were tears. But Satuli Canteen was calling us and we will never pass up an opportunity at those bowls. Nemo was in actual awe of Pandora. That surprised me. I didn't think he'd really care since he's had no exposure to Avatar. But he ran up to them and was like "LOOK, LOOK!" I guess, what kid isn’t going to look at this otherworldly sight and not be amazed?
View attachment 642541We got our usuals: Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef Bowl (J) and Chopped Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl (Me + kids, mainly kids). They liked the noodles and Nemo especially liked the boba balls. After we ate, I decided to go back and get a Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse to surprise them.
View attachment 642538
Their faces when I walked up to them carrying this thing: 😮
Our first family Disney trip our kids were 4 and 8. The Boneyard was a HUGE hit for them! They still talk about how much fun they had there and they are now 22 and 26!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom