The Moment You Realize You're a Disney Pro

ZaneB

Earlier this year when I was at DHS with my dad and we were entering MuppetVision 3D. I stopped to show him the sign that said "Back in 5. Key under Mat." and then showed him the actual key under the mat.

I spent the entire muppetvision show thinking about all the things I could of learnt in the time I spend researching disney :D I'm still happy I chose disney :D

Funfy

I realized I was spending too much time at Disney when random co-workers from other facilities in other parts of the country started calling me for planning help and tips. It was fun actually.
This. When people at work say they are talking about going to Disney and everyone around points to me and says you have to talk to her! We even have people in our department that actually worked at Disney!

Vader2112

I would not say I am to the level of serveral of the members of this site but when friends, coworkers and there aquatainces ask me about the WDW parks, resorts and dining.

WannaBWendy

Maybe not so much that I know, but how little others know when we were headed for Expedition Everest and everyone else was heading away and I said to my group that it must have shut down. A lady heard me and said they were thinking about opening it for the first time this year in a a few minutes.(???) My DH told her we had already ridden it 3 times. She left with a puzzled "what a liar" look. The rest of us were just confused....

pixiesteno

Im such a Disney failure! I've only been one other time, last year, and it' was a pretty impromptu trip! I know very little about the parks at all.....close my eyes, spin me around and Im lost crying for my mommy! : (

Teach me your ways! LOL
You are not a failure, you have not had the benefits of multiple, multiple trips yet like some of us. Don't worry, you'll get there. But always remember there is usually something new to learn on each trip - they plan it that way to keep us coming back ;)

Kelsybelle

When I read one of the Disney guidebooks and didn't learn a single thing that I didn't already know.

Ha! So true, I really look at them for the pics now anyway!
But I think you've achieved the Disney Pro title when you've converted a Disney hater into a Disney lover...not an easy thing to do but I've done it!

Ariel484

A couple of weeks ago...my mom told me a co-worker of hers had a trip planned - 1 week with his wife and 2 kids at a value resort - and it cost some ridiculous amount. Like over $10k or something. :eek: And I immediately started asking tons of questions - are you SURE it's a value?! are they taking tours?! etc. - and she said she went in the next day and told the guy "next time you want to go to Disney, call my daughter. She'll plan the trip for you." :D

Nemo14

I'd hardly consider mysef a pro, but people do ask me questions when they're planning a tip. I always feel like everyone is different (as evidenced in this forum), so one person's guilty pleasure is not necessarily another's. I just tell people what works for me and my family.

Chrononymous

The moment came to me on the first trip I went with my mother. She, the Queen of Disney fandom, had never actually been there...and it was her dream come true. I had already been to WDW twice, and DL once at that point...so I knew where to go, what to see, and the best ways of getting around.

It was while sitting on the original JII, during that trip, that I figured out how the Dreamfinder scene was accomplished...and then it hit me...I knew way too much about Disney theme parks.

JIMINYCR

Flipping through all the Disney guide books on the book store shelves, looking for something that is going to catch my interest by having something that will astound me, and cant find anything.
I think my brain for some time now is Disney connected. Anyone standing within hearing distance mentions any word connected with Disney and I'm instantly on alert. I find a way to get in on the conversation and we can continue for hours. My wife finds obscure Disney facts on line and tries to find something I'm not in the know on but theres very few times she can catch me with something I dont know..

PolynesianPrincess

When people you know ask for advice in planning. Or if they don't ask, you want to tell them all about ADR's and EMH's and other things to help them with their trip.

MissMorrow

The moment you start to play dumb when talking to CMs who clearly know less than you because you don't want to hurt their feelings. Don't ask me about Disney history though, I know very little compared to the others around here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom