• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster

Thank you!!

socalifornian

This Discord server can send you notifications when dining reservations open up. So far it’s only Blue Bayou, Carthay, Oga’s, Trader Sams, Lamplight, and Napa Rose. As of now it goes as far as the Disneyland app, January 30th

PiratesMansion

Magic Kingdom is such an ugly park compared to Disneyland.
I think ugly is a strong word in this instance.

It definitely operates on a different aesthetic register than Disneyland, aiming for spectacular and epic compared to Disneyland's charming and intimate. That may or may not fit individual preferences, but it has a certain level of design integrity and generally sticks to it even in newer areas. The visuals are relatively consistent, besting many of the other parks which have a mix of compelling and mediocre areas and design. There are definitely areas where the park's design works better than others, but you could say that about most any park.

I definitely think Magic Kingdom is in the top half of Disney parks aesthetically, and I'd certainly rank it in that category ahead of Walt Disney Studios in Paris (FAR, far ahead!), Hollywood Studios, California Adventure, Epcot, Shanghai, and even my beloved Tokyo Disneyland.

Last edited:

truecoat

Nicksplat Yes GIF by Hey Arnold

Dear Prudence

I’ve never been but I’ve been breaking my old rule of not watching walk around videos of parks I want to go to in the future and I was actually surprised by how nice some of the areas looked. Particularly Liberty Square and some of the areas on the outskirts of the hub.
Yeah, I do like the Liberty Square section! Needs a Sleepy Hollow ride, though 🥺

DrAlice

I haven't been silent with how I feel about the WDC decisions as of late (i.e. upcharging park guests at every turn; moving creative operations to Lake Nona, Florida; cheapening out on new lands and in-park staffing and entertainment, etc.). I sincerely hope that this board decision is a sign that they see it too. The penny-pinching decisions of late can't continue without completely diluting the brand. Let's hope this is a sign that a pivot in company decisions is on the way. 🤞

CaptinEO

I haven't been silent with how I feel about the WDC decisions as of late (i.e. upcharging park guests at every turn; moving creative operations to Lake Nona, Florida; cheapening out on new lands and in-park staffing and entertainment, etc.). I sincerely hope that this board decision is a sign that they see it too. The penny-pinching decisions of late can't continue without completely diluting the brand. Let's hope this is a sign that a pivot in company decisions is on the way. 🤞
She's been on Disney's board for almost 2 decades, just not as a chairman. Don't see any pivot happening.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wouldn't read too much into this. She is a long time board member. So rather I'd look at this as Disney showing they are serious about inclusion rather than any type of statement about Chapek.

Mac Tonight

Meh. This feels like an "optics" move to show that Disney isn't afraid to have a woman in a top position. If she has been fine with the status quo as a boardmember for all this time, I highly doubt she'll start making sweeping changes.

PiratesMansion

I was saying MK's versions are better. Working peoplemover, COP, proper Astro orbitor. Frontierland has Splash, Thunder, CBJ and Tom Sawyer Island not made over into a pirate theme
It's insane that MK is now the ONLY castle park with the rockets in the proper place.

MK's TSI is also an underappreciated gem with the unique, larger two-island layout and great, proper TSI theming and atmosphere. What exists at DL right now that calls itself TSI is straight up rubbish.

Suspirian

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom