Rumor The Millenium Falcon Only Has One Mission

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
This is what the person said:

"Since Disney has been allowing regular CMs to ride Falcon some more info about it has gotten out. The most news worthy thing I've heard is there is only one mission (despite what WDI promised), with little variation in that mission."

This information is solely based on reports from CM's that have ridden it, not "inside" information from Imagineering or management claiming there will never be more ride profiles.

I have no doubt that right now they are only using one mission since most people (unless they got multiple reservations through friends or family) will be riding it once. Even if you ride it more than once there are three possible roles to carry out, more if you consider the two pilot positions as being different experiences, so there's still some re-ridability there. I would guess later down the road when they are satisfied the current mission works well and we get past the reservation period we will start seeing the other missions kick in.

The funny part is, the same poster later in the thread has used this information to come up with their own conclusion and started claiming that it's all budget cuts and everyone on that board is eating it up for lunch and doing the usual Chapek bashing (which is rare on that board for any thread to exist without it).

Rich T

If the wait is hours long, it really isn't a big deal if there's only one mission. It's like the 3 Doors on Indiana Jones when the ride first opened. You're not going to see the effect again for hours (at least) and who cares whether or not the group behind you and in front of you saw the exact same thing?

Last edited:

Rich T

Maybe the ride will open with one mission and others will be added later to make people return
Certainly possible, but if the ride's good enough in the first place, people will return even if there's just one mission. Roller coasters don't change track layouts multiple times a day, and they do just fine. Multiple missions would have almost no impact at all on the ride's popularity over the next several years.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Certainly possible, but if the ride's good enough in the first place, people will return even if there's just one mission. Roller coasters don't change track layouts multiple times a day, and they do just fine. Multiple missions would have almost no impact at all on the ride's popularity over the next several years.
That would be kind of awesome if they did though...

Disney Analyst

It would actually be good strategy to open with only one mission, this ride already has two more rides of repeatability after you first ride to try all the positions... and I mean, each position has different tasks so realistically you have 6 rides of repeatability to try each seat.

Add in 2 more missions... the line would never end. Best goal is to try and keep repeat rides down for the first while.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
BTW, I think this is all just some CMs being b-hurt because they feel they get the short end of the stick and not experiencing all the different ride profiles. So some put out rumors of it being cut to get the interwebs in a frenzy.

Old Mouseketeer

It would actually be good strategy to open with only one mission, this ride already has two more rides of repeatability after you first ride to try all the positions... and I mean, each position has different tasks so realistically you have 6 rides of repeatability to try each seat.

Add in 2 more missions... the line would never end. Best goal is to try and keep repeat rides down for the first while.

What I'm hearing is that the ride gets better the more you ride it, and it's not just the different positions. It's a video game and like any console game, you get better at it the more you play it. One person rode it four times over the past two weeks and said the fourth time was the best yet. Same with being in the queue--they said there's so much to take in it's a little overwhelming at first, even though it's not as elaborate as Avatar FoP.

Driver

I have to question the accuracy of " CM's that have ridden it" because their still working on it! And it hasn't been open to CM's yet! We won't see a soft opening for CM's till July. I think somebody is fabricating some bad info.

Disney Analyst

I have to question the accuracy of " CM's that have ridden it" because their still working on it! And it hasn't been open to CM's yet! We won't see a soft opening for CM's till July. I think somebody is fabricating some bad info.

Ummm, that is incorrect. The Disneyland version is indeed open to CM previews... and it has been ridden. The land opens in 16 days.

lazyboy97o

Anyone remember how the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror had the random drop ride system there since opening? Or the night time version of Space Mountain that even got a sign? Or the promises of new games in Toy Story Midway Mania!? While it makes sense to hold back additions it is also an area where outside of Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Disney doesn’t have a great track record. It’s easy to get complacent, even if the work has been done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom