The Middle Season Finale - My Nightmares?

VirginiaCreeper

I usually love The Middle but Sue and Brick were way jacked-up in this episode. They really need to tone Sue down.

Plus I just felt anxious while watching. I've had dreams that gave me the exact feeling. You finally get to go and then things go wrong, people don't co-operate, unwanted situations happen and on top of that they only had two days! Could you imagine that being you?

surfsupdon

The Heck's reaction to being given the suite was EXACTLY like our reaction when we were lucky enough to be given the Commodore Suite at Yacht Club and the Steeplechase Suite at BoardWalk. Jumping up and down, screaming, running through the rooms. And when the phone rang, my dad did say to not answer it, b/c "they realized they made a mistake."

It was spot on.

Well done, I say. Very good episode.

Spikerdink

As someone who watches the Middle regularly, and someone who waited for this episode, I wasn't disappointed. The storyline was true to their usual scenarios - the Hecks try hard to be that perfect family, but something always goes wrong, but in the end the find that happy middle ground where they fight, but they see the good in what they do have. We the continuity errors terrible? To those of us who know every aspect of the parks and can immediately spot 'where' they filmed, even the smallest aspect can cause some of us to point and scream....but to the average person who has been to WDW once or twice, they didn't notice anything.

All in all, enjoyed the show. Made me want to get on a plane and go! (and maybe get a hat like Brick....)

Cmdr_Crimson

Another perfect example where characters face a dilemma..The Muppets at WDW. They get to the DHS Gate (Which in that Universe is the Front gate to the ENTIRE Theme parks) Only to find out they don't have any money...So what do they do? BREAK THE FRACK IN And cause a Whimsical adventure of Breaking in and not being caused Banishment by Mickey But, to put their hands in Cement at The Chinese Theater and become part of the Coroporation for some reason because of this....Again only in the "Fictional Disney World" Can this happen...

Sassagoula-Rvr

I enjoyed parts...but overall it was kind of frustrating...

If anyone is watching this and wants to attempt visiting all of the parks in one afternoon...after say...4:30 (they didn't even wake up until 3...)...you're going to have a bad time. (if not an impossible time).

plaz10

I DVRed the episode and my mom watched it live and texted me saying "OMG Don't watch the Middle...it's making me so nervous and anxious and I hate it!" And then when I watched it I thought "There's no table outside of Chefs de France...Going from Splash to Test Track to Under the Sea?" Etc...

And then I came on the boards and saw that a lot of you felt the same way as us!

I also think for an hour long episode...it needed more Disney World and less visiting North Carolina BS.

SoccerMickey

I would think Disney would have to get script approval anytime an ABC sitcom wants to bring their show to Disney World which makes me surprised they allowed the episode to air as it did not show the park, in my opinion, in the best light. As I tried to watch it as an outsider from the parks, it looked like a place someone who is not as familiar would find it too crowded, hard to navigate, cost prohibitive (they kept saying how it was out of their normal budget), and tough to keep families together. Did the family fight more than normal families do? Yes. But the opinions and choices they were all airing are actual conversations had at the parks.

rob0519

I would think Disney would have to get script approval anytime an ABC sitcom wants to bring their show to Disney World which makes me surprised they allowed the episode to air as it did not show the park, in my opinion, in the best light. As I tried to watch it as an outsider from the parks, it looked like a place someone who is not as familiar would find it too crowded, hard to navigate, cost prohibitive (they kept saying how it was out of their normal budget), and tough to keep families together. Did the family fight more than normal families do? Yes. But the opinions and choices they were all airing are actual conversations had at the parks.

I agree, the whole North Carolina thing was a waste of time. The script, however was true to the overall behaviors of the show characters.

If you are not familiar with the parks, expecially MK, it IS crowded, it IS hard to naivgtate, it IS cost prohibitive compared to the world outside WDW and it IS hard to keep a family of five together in those crowds. So I think they did a really good job at showing what the MK could be like and not trying to sugarcoat it as not crowded and inexpensive.

A family shows up with tickets to a park 3,000 miles away and no hotel resevervations, yet get two days of parkhoppers and a suite at the GF. The kids have fun on the rides, husband and wife have a romantic lunch at Paris in EPCOT and the whole family gets to watch Illuminations together and everyone leaves happy.

How does this not show the park in it's best light?

As for the complaints about showing the kids on Test Track between two rides in the MK or the tables outside Chefs de France, get over it. It's a TV show. Sometimes the editing is a bit off or the light wasn't right to to shoot the lunch scene so the tables were moved. The only reason we notice these things is our familiarity with the product. Most people watching the show probably had no idea. Consider it artistic license.

Last edited:

DebDeb

As someone who watches the Middle regularly, and someone who waited for this episode, I wasn't disappointed. The storyline was true to their usual scenarios - the Hecks try hard to be that perfect family, but something always goes wrong, but in the end the find that happy middle ground where they fight, but they see the good in what they do have. We the continuity errors terrible? To those of us who know every aspect of the parks and can immediately spot 'where' they filmed, even the smallest aspect can cause some of us to point and scream....but to the average person who has been to WDW once or twice, they didn't notice anything.

All in all, enjoyed the show. Made me want to get on a plane and go! (and maybe get a hat like Brick....)
You just said everything I wanted to say! Right down to wanting a hat!

dopeylover

I watch the show when I catch it, and I just wish JUST THIS ONCE that they could have had a few hiccups but ultimately a great Disney trip. To make 98% of the trip awful just ruined the whole show for me! It was the stuff of my nightmares.

BigTxEars

My wife watches it weekly, I do not.

I did watch the Disney one, It was OK overall. I did like the part when the dad had the mini breakdown about wanting to take his wife to Epcot to have dinner in France as he would never get to take her to the real France. I thought that was a pretty cool part.

I also like that it did not over sell Disney, I did not feel like I was watching a commercial.

I really have no interest in watching the show after this though. I like more action type shows, although I do like Once Upon A Time :)

NearTheEars

I'm actually glad I read this thread before watching it tonight. It was much less of a train wreck than I expected after seeing reviews here.

The story was true to the typical misadventures of the Heck family, and had a happy ending.

And they only mentioned magic bands once! I thought that fact alone would result in a huge round of applause on here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom