The Middle Season Finale - My Nightmares?

KCheatle

Original Poster
So, I thought watching The Middle season finale would be fun. I usually like the show, and I thought that this would be great because it's taking place at my favorite place: WDW.

However, so far the episode is just making me squirm! It's like they took my WDW stress dreams / nightmares and made them into a show. Every once in awhile, I have dreams where I'm at Disney but I can't get to the right place, or I can't find my family, or I can't get on any rides, etc. Basically it's a very stressful dream. In this show, they have the wrong park tickets, and then they have to go to the medic twice, and then one gets lost, etc. Basically, they waste an entire day at MK without riding a single ride!!

I know it's supposed to be funny, and I'm sure for many it is. But, for me, it's seriously like I'm watching my WDW nightmares on TV!!

Anyone else watch it?

atrus79

I'm watching it ... it's actually a bit depressing. Nothing is going right the first day ... then they end up in a Suite and accidentally sleep in late and then fight in the Magic Kingdom. I usually love this show and I love WDW ... but my gosh. Besides the fact that the show is depressing ... it certainly doesn't make me want to go as they complain about lines and 'rich' people costs. Very surprised ... 10 minutes left and I'm hoping they spin it a good way soon.

NearTheEars

That was the first time I've ever seen the show, as people on FB were saying that they were at WDW. That will be the LAST time I ever watch that show......

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm expecting most of their trip to be a train wreck. Why? Because that's just how life is for the Heck family. Its part of the gag.

It's an enjoyable show, and I catch reruns here and there. But not always a must see.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I LOVE That show. I was looking so forward to this finale. Wow. Wow...that just sucked...and for reasons that have already been mentioned. My entire family was yelling at the screen, there were almost tears of anger we were ALL so P.O.'d.

Its one thing watching these characters screw up their everyday lives it's something completely different watching them ruin a precious WDW vacation.

It really is a good show and hits home for our family pretty often, but that episode was a complete nightmare.

journ116

My husband and I watched the 2-part finale as well…and we were both left more aggravated than entertained.

As Disney-traveling-afficianados on this site, we could pick apart the, "that's not how that works" (i.e. walking in thru the 'Exit/No bags' line, while 3 out of 5 of them have bags), the script writing (i.e. when Sue announces that the Jungle Cruise is the most popular attraction), and worst of all, the misinformation forced up the viewers (i.e. first we see the Heck kids riding Splash Mtn., cutting to Test Track, then to Under the Sea @ MK, back to Italy).

We could go on and on…but…there were some good points: the scenery and theme park background music! "Yes," this is what we enjoyed the most…just seeing and hearing the everyday going-ons of MK, and briefly EP.

This will be one Disney-traveling-related TV episode that will no longer reside on the DVR. Ah well! At least I have my most recent SWW memories to fall back on!

stevehousse

I haven't watched it yet, but my wife did and this I exactly what I expected to happen to them as this is normal for EVERYTHING to go wrong for the family on the show...waiting to get off of work to watch!

My wife said she did notice several times that the "areas" the family were in were roped off with cms and guests watching...

Little Green Men

I liked the episode! Sure it was annoying that they couldn't get much done but that's just how the Heck's are. In the end they pretty much did what they wanted to. Mike and Frankie got to enjoy their afternoon together in World Showcase, and the kids went on the rides. It sort of helps me appreciate my trips more. I can't imagine being there for only two days. I get frustrated when someone in my family slows us down and I think, "I could be enjoying the parks now". But now I can say: it could be worse. The Middle is my favorite show currently on TV and in a Disney episode I look for 2 things: being entertained and seeing alot of shots of the park. I was happy with the ep overall, and it's nice to have a WDW sitcom episode in HD.

I liked Modern Family's ep but their time wasn't the best either: Phil was coming down with something and thought it was because he was getting too old to ride the rides, Mitch and Cam were fighting over a leash on their daughter, Manny was preoccupied with his school work, Gloria was in pain from her heels, etc. Atleast they didnt have someone talking in a character costume, I know some people didn't like that.

Disvillain63

We're a group that's "Been There, Done That", so we understand what could have been better about the episode. Bright side...maybe it won't be as crowded next time we go to WDW ;).

MarFV

Any sitcom episode, in any theme park, from The Brady Bunch visiting Kings Island to last night's show, is full of totally ridiculous, unreal situations. Hoping for something else is just futile. The best line of the show last night was said by the dad when they overslept: "no wonder the rich always look so well rested. They are well rested!"

draybook

I would rather watch reruns of The Nanny than ever watch another episode of the Middle. I hope that last night's episode wasn't an indication of the usual script writing and acting, because I found it almost nauseating.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I LOVE That show. I was looking so forward to this finale. Wow. Wow...that just sucked...and for reasons that have already been mentioned. My entire family was yelling at the screen, there were almost tears of anger we were ALL so P.O.'d.

Its one thing watching these characters screw up their everyday lives it's something completely different watching them ruin a precious WDW vacation.

It really is a good show and hits home for our family pretty often, but that episode was a complete nightmare.
My exact sentiments, Shookie. Love The Middle, hated this episode.

JiminyandTink

Every once in awhile, I have dreams where I'm at Disney but I can't get to the right place, or I can't find my family, or I can't get on any rides, etc.

I've had the same dreams, it seems so real while asleep and then I wake up and think how would any of that even possibly happen? :confused::)

Figaro928

I didn't see it yet. Did the episode do the parks justice regardless of the story line? Was it blatantly selling a Disneyside vacation?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom