The Merchandise of Batuu/Black Spire Outpost

drod1985

it says reservations are needed for the land but nothing about for Savi unless I'm missing something
Nope your correct, that’s super weird how are they handling the saber building on opening day?

It doesn't explicitly say reservations are required, but it does imply it.

Scott Trowbridge said:
Those who have felt the call can seek out the hidden workshop and arrange an appointment to meet with the Gatherers

thequeuelinelectures

The super fans might...but we all know the falcon is going to get stormed first. Most people are going to think theme park= ride and just run to the ride and not really care about the painstaking detail. We and the superfans are the ones that truly care. Disney isn’t stupid...but this decision isn’t the smartest. Maybe it’s like what @MisterPenguin told me a while back and you have to be in the land and make a reservation in person. Similarly to Jedi Training, but the problem is the same problem is going to happen...people (let’s face it we would be one of these people) will make a mad dash to make a reservation bottlenecking huge crowds.

Yeah for simplicity reasons I would be it is an in land reservation kind of virtual queue hopefully

thequeuelinelectures

This is probably super wishful thinking but I remember an old Jim Hill rumor that there was some part of Rise of the Resistance where you get a lightsaber and there is an AR component and I laughed at how absurd that was. A few weeks later I realized that wouldn't be absurd as a grand finale of the Savi's experience. Crossing my fingers there is a brief AR training thing like this after you forge your saber!

Surferboy567

Original Poster
This is probably super wishful thinking but I remember an old Jim Hill rumor that there was some part of Rise of the Resistance where you get a lightsaber and there is an AR component and I laughed at how absurd that was. A few weeks later I realized that wouldn't be absurd as a grand finale of the Savi's experience. Crossing my fingers there is a brief AR training thing like this after you forge your saber! View attachment 370888

I remember that also...that would be super cool. How do you implement that on a 14 person scale though? Does everyone get googles?

Darth Snips

It doesn't explicitly say reservations are required, but it does imply it.
I could be misinterpreting that article, but it sounds like you have to make a reservation in-person at a physical desk/location. They seem to draw a distinction between Savi's Scrapyard and Savi's Workshop. That would explain why there is a building inside that giant cylinder labelled "Savi's" in Aurebesh even though the concept art of the actual lightsaber workshop is in the village.

vs.

Maybe you make your reservation at the first location, before going to the second location to actually attend the experience.
To find like-minded others, make your way to Savi’s Scrapyard. Those who have felt the call can seek out the hidden workshop and arrange an appointment to meet with the Gatherers . . . Those ready to learn this knowledge will find a symbol displayed on the front of the workshop indicating that they are in the correct location and they must give the secret phrase to the Gatherers to enter inside.

Darth Snips

@Darth Snips I think it was @sedati that also pointed out "Savi's Path" and the fact that he may have "the part you need" in the GE cards map from Galactic Nights a while back. So yes, it supports the saber workshop being somewhere other than the ROTR building.

View attachment 370976
Ah, I forgot about that!
Follow Savi's Path from the scrapyard to the garage and "you'll find the part you need."
View attachment 362337
Well done @sedati! You called this before anyone else did!

Surferboy567

Original Poster
@Darth Snips I think it was @sedati that also pointed out "Savi's Path" and the fact that he may have "the part you need" in the GE cards map from Galactic Nights a while back. So yes, it supports the saber workshop being somewhere other than the ROTR building.

View attachment 370976

Can I just say how much I appreciate this lore, making it like a speakeasy could be very fun if done right...

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I believe the first Olivanders didn't, then they learned their lesson building the second which has the one-lobby-many-rooms gimmick. And it isn't subtle, you go into a narrow hallway which has several doors...

My mistake...thought you were talking about the sabers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom