The Mandalorian and Grogu to appear at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland but Walt Disney World left out

Consumer

Vy belittled me (because I said vee vs. vye, honestly I don't care which is correct anymore) and got Chewie to stare me down and aggressively growl at me. It was funny for a bit... then kept going... and got uncomfortable. All my friends agreed it was odd how Vy spent so much time attacking me after I said 'Hi Vee!' instead of vye or whichever it is.

Nothing like that has ever happened to me at Avengers Campus... worst thing has been Moon Knight flailed his cape at me after I waved at him when he was in the land for the couple days he was there.

Due to music, physical energy in the land from more people passing through (in night at particular since the ride doesn't close early like SWL) and knowing that Vy is not sulking in the corners looking to mentally assault me, I'll take Avengers campus any day... plus I can easily order a beer/drink there vs. the idiotic chaos that is trying to get into Oga's.
Particularly strange considering Star Wars is known for having no correct pronunciations for its characters. Is it Lee-uh? Lay-uh? Han? Hahn? Lando? Londo? Corusont? Coruskant? None of it matters!

MoonRakerSCM

Moon Knight's M.O. while he was in the land was to stand still emotionless for a minute or two, and then flail/throw/billow his cape with his arm to dramatically walk 20 ft to the left or right. Rinse and repeat.

Personally, he looked really cool with his glowing eyes etc.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Wow they assaulter you and left lasting damage? Did you take any legal action? That's really messed up a CM did that to you.
I went to City Hall immediately after and told them what happened. The plaid there said "yeah, they shouldn't have done that. Thanks for letting us know." And then they just looked at me like there was nothing else to say or do. Didn't even ask for contact information as I recall. Just "ok bye."

#disneymagic

I wasn't looking for legal action. So I just now have a permanently bad back from where the Stormtrooper put his armored arm across my back and shoved me. I also now have a PTSD reaction to seeing Stormtroopers there because I don't know if the one who hurt me is still there and will come after me again. Ironic that someone who goes to the parks for the characters was terrorized by one.

Afterward, I didn't feel up to making the long drive home, so I went to my happy place at the time - the Hollywood Backlot Marvel area. Told some character friends there what had happened and they were ****ED that anyone had laid hands on a guest much less hurt one. They made me feel better - emotionally if not physically. And this is yet another reason why I so appreciate the character cast at the parks. Minus one.

MarvelCharacterNerd

On the subject of the thread - I went in through the land entrance right near where Mando & Grogu appear. No Stormtroopers around. So I watched Mando & The Child greet guests for a set and then got out of there.

For reference, Mando is great - has a lot of good lines including important ones like "Don't touch". This was critical as people kept trying to grab at Grogu. Especially kids thinking it was a toy. Multiple CM hosts surrounded the character but it's not a great set-up for a character who of course is readily swarmed. It would be much better if they appeared with a line they could control instead of a massive crowd encircling them as they try to walk around. But I was happy I got to see the character and "the bounty". And I was happy to quickly leave immediately after.

CaptinEO

I went to City Hall immediately after and told them what happened. The plaid there said "yeah, they shouldn't have done that. Thanks for letting us know." And then they just looked at me like there was nothing else to say or do. Didn't even ask for contact information as I recall. Just "ok bye."

#disneymagic

I wasn't looking for legal action. So I just now have a permanently bad back from where the Stormtrooper put his armored arm across my back and shoved me. I also now have a PTSD reaction to seeing Stormtroopers there because I don't know if the one who hurt me is still there and will come after me again. Ironic that someone who goes to the parks for the characters was terrorized by one.

Afterward, I didn't feel up to making the long drive home, so I went to my happy place at the time - the Hollywood Backlot Marvel area. Told some character friends there what had happened and they were ****ED that anyone had laid hands on a guest much less hurt one. They made me feel better - emotionally if not physically. And this is yet another reason why I so appreciate the character cast at the parks. Minus one.
That's pretty awful. I wouldn't expect the company to admit fault seeing how greedy they are. Not sure what the statute of limitations are on this but if I was permanently injured by a megacorporation who did nothing to remedy it I'd definitely look at all my options. Thats not OK.

MarvelCharacterNerd

That's pretty awful. I wouldn't expect the company to admit fault seeing how greedy they are. Not sure what the statute of limitations are on this but if I was permanently injured by a megacorporation who did nothing to remedy it I'd definitely look at all my options. Thats not OK.
Yeah, I think the plaid just desperately wanted to avoid someone making a claim against the company and wanted me out of there ASAP as long as I visibly didn't need or request immediate medical help. (I could walk as thankfully I caught myself before I hit the ground but I think the guy knocked something out of alignment as this one spot in my back that he pushed hard on with his armor has been a source of pain ever since.)

I was just shellshocked that I'd been assaulted by a cast member and didn't really know how to react beyond reporting that it had happened. And now... I just live with it. And avoid the place where it happened as much as possible. I think the Mando/Grogu visit may have been the first time I was at GE in years. I didn't even go for Boba/Fennec.

Parteecia

Yeah, I think the plaid just desperately wanted to avoid someone making a claim against the company and wanted me out of there ASAP as long as I visibly didn't need or request immediate medical help. (I could walk as thankfully I caught myself before I hit the ground but I think the guy knocked something out of alignment as this one spot in my back that he pushed hard on with his armor has been a source of pain ever since.)

I was just shellshocked that I'd been assaulted by a cast member and didn't really know how to react beyond reporting that it had happened. And now... I just live with it. And avoid the place where it happened as much as possible. I think the Mando/Grogu visit may have been the first time I was at GE in years. I didn't even go for Boba/Fennec.
That is really sad. I volunteer to literally watch your back in GE.

MarvelCharacterNerd

That is really sad. I volunteer to literally watch your back in GE.
Thank you. 😍 That is very sweet and appreciated.

I just don't go there generally. There isn't much for me there anyway as a character fan. But I simply had to see Mando and Grogu at least the one time and I'm glad I got to do so. I even saw Boba Fett passing by from afar, so yay. :)

And while I am not so much on a practical level concerned for my safety there, emotionally I still now have an instant fear reaction when seeing Stormtroopers. It was doubly sad because I actually was really fond of them as comedic characters before this happened and had a collection of Stormtrooper merch. After this happened, I literally packed it all up and donated it to charity. I couldn't stand looking at it anymore - it just freaked me out. :(

Parteecia

Thank you. 😍 That is very sweet and appreciated.

I just don't go there generally. There isn't much for me there anyway as a character fan. But I simply had to see Mando and Grogu at least the one time and I'm glad I got to do so. I even saw Boba Fett passing by from afar, so yay. :)

And while I am not so much on a practical level concerned for my safety there, emotionally I still now have an instant fear reaction when seeing Stormtroopers. It was doubly sad because I actually was really fond of them as comedic characters before this happened and had a collection of Stormtrooper merch. After this happened, I literally packed it all up and donated it to charity. I couldn't stand looking at it anymore - it just freaked me out. :(
I've had lots of practice. When people I'm with use an ATM I protect their backs whether they want me to or not. Practice my ninja moves.

I've had fun with Stormtroopers talking smack to me. I'm sorry they ruined a favorite character for you. I've had "off" experiences with CMs that spoiled that IP for me even though I know they're not real, and there wasn't even any physical damage as with you.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

That is so messed up. Sorry this happened to you :( . I've also been in situations where looking back I should've spoken up but I was in shock. Totally understand what that's like.

TP2000

How does one “flail his cape at” someone?

Like this...

cape-flap-rupauls-drag-race-all-stars.gif

MarvelCharacterNerd

He seems to be talking in this video which was during his debut:

I think in a lot of videos the crowd drowns him out.

Yes, he talks - he has a lot of good lines including of course "This is the way." 😍

Haven't had a chance to post my videos yet but he talks constantly while walking through the crowd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom