deleted

mickEblu

Yeah but at this point the parade is on life support. Especially since tonight will be the last showing of MSEP and hopefully for real!

I think MSEP is coming back in the near future. Notice they aren't saying anything like "catch it for the last time" or "glowing away forever."

IanDLBZF

I think MSEP is coming back in the near future. Notice they aren't saying anything like "catch it for the last time" or "glowing away forever."
And from what I have seen from D23, Chappie hinted at the return of other old offerings (i.e. Wishes, Mad T Party, Tapestry of Nations, etc). I have a feeling this could be similar to Limited Time Magic and may start next year.

TP2000

And from what I have seen from D23, Chappie hinted at the return of other old offerings (i.e. Wishes, Mad T Party, Tapestry of Nations, etc). I have a feeling this could be similar to Limited Time Magic and may start next year.

He did? I missed that reference in his D23 appearance. I'll have to go back and watch it again. Do you remember where in the presentation he said it?

As for the MSEP, I have no desire to trek over to Disneyland to see it one last time. Again. The MSEP is tired and hokey and definitely not of this era. Nostalgia is nice, but that old heap has been coasting on fumes for years.

This evening after dinner around 9pm I will raise a short toast to the MSEP, and then start a countdown clock for the real star of the Disneyland Resort show... Paint The Night! I can't wait to see that truly dazzling nighttime spectacle again!

IanDLBZF

He did? I missed that reference in his D23 appearance. I'll have to go back and watch it again. Do you remember where in the presentation he said it?
They showed the warehouse scene from the MSEP commercial, then Chapek mentioned that he wanted to expand on the idea that Disney has a lot of things stored in a warehouse somewhere, and he teased some other things from the past may be returning. Chapek said he wanted to “keep some things a surprise,” so he wouldn’t reveal what is coming next. However, he did have a bit of a teaser.
Nothing confirmed yet.
Source: http://www.inquisitr.com/4373572/d2...ore-for-limited-return-rooms-at-disney-parks/

My gut feeling that it would be a similar basis to Limited Time Magic but would be done on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday period, which I would assume would be like a "wayback weekend."
An example on how this would work.
  • One weekend WDW would present Tapestry of Nations at Epcot,
  • Then the next weekend DLR would do Mad T Party at DCA,
  • Then the weekend after that WDW would have Wishes at MK,
  • Then the weekend after that DLR would have Golden Horseshoe,
  • and so on and so forth.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Yeah but at this point the only electrical parades left at any Disney Park is PTN and Dreamlights which put MSEP to shame.

I've never seen dreamlights and PTN is cool, excluding the soundtrack. Anyway, I wasn't comparing parades just saying it's probably coming back for limited time events.

brb1006

DHr9-0eV0AEUxXZ.jpg

https://twitter.com/laughing_place/status/899311009353023488

TTA94

Slightly worried that MSEP may just be "glowing away" temporarily until next year, then heading back to WDW. They do not need a nighttime parade for the rest of the year due to the seasonal party nights, but they could have a interest in having MSEP back next Spring. Hopefully this won't happen and MSEP really will end up in the Disney Archives.

TP2000

So I'm raising my glass of my digestif to the memory of the Main Street Electrical Parade right now, as a perfect summer SoCal evening ends with the Disneyland fireworks filling the sky off my den balcony, just as the other fireworks begin just to the left at Angel Stadium for the last night of the Harvest Crusade religious drive for souls. I'm sure there's a meaningful analogy there somewhere, what with Disneyland's iconic parade ending and Jesus Christ's offer of eternal salvation, but since I'm more focused on my digestif and all the pretty lights and multiple fireworks shows from my hillside abode, I will let someone else find the meaning there. :cool:

But-bye Electrical Parade! When does Paint The Night start?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom