The Magic Carpets of Aladdin closing for brief refurbishment in January 2016

lnsemsf

Original Poster
Just a heads up for anyone who can't live with being able to spin in a circle and elevate on 3 different rides (including both Dumbo's) and just desperately need a 4th...

The Magic Carpets of Aladdin will be closed January 25 - February 3rd, 2016.

Now is the time to call and cancel your vacations, this is a serious vacation ruiner if I've ever seen one.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yay! It's finally time to install the new 1125 horsepower drive motor, 200 gallon per minute camel spit pump, and power restraints.

Aka Happy Go Pukey Ride..
giphy.gif

Kman101

Takes up way too much room now in Adventureland. I get why they'd want a spinner front and center but at the same time it's right in the middle and they need the space for the crowds. I wouldn't mind the spinner in it's own section but it's kind of an eyesore where it's at. Just like Disneyland's Orbitor being moved to the entrance of Tomorrowland. Awful decisions.

Bolt

Takes up way too much room now in Adventureland. I get why they'd want a spinner front and center but at the same time it's right in the middle and they need the space for the crowds. I wouldn't mind the spinner in it's own section but it's kind of an eyesore where it's at. Just like Disneyland's Orbitor being moved to the entrance of Tomorrowland. Awful decisions.
Agreed. Disneylands Tomorrowland is such a cluster to get into.

boufa

Warming up my pitch fork...There is no way they should ever remove an attraction for the sake of more room for crowds... move an attraction fine, but remove... never. "Our attractions have made us so popular that we have to remove them to make more room for how popular they are."

Love it or hate it, the carpets are a part of the bigger picture, and some do love it.

FigmentForver96

Warming up my pitch fork...There is no way they should ever remove an attraction for the sake of more room for crowds... move an attraction fine, but remove... never. "Our attractions have made us so popular that we have to remove them to make more room for how popular they are."

Love it or hate it, the carpets are a part of the bigger picture, and some do love it.
The carpets are clutter. They are fun for some, that I won't argue, but they are a bottleneck to the area. I Imagine the park would do just fine capacity without them, but regardless they are not going anywhere.

boufa

The carpets are clutter. They are fun for some, that I won't argue, but they are a bottleneck to the area. I Imagine the park would do just fine capacity without them, but regardless they are not going anywhere.
I agree. But it's a slippery slope. The parks qould Do just fine without the Giggle Gang, the citizens of hollywood, off kilter, etc and etc. The parks are more than the parts. They are a combination of all of the things. I wouldn't miss the magic carpets, but it is not a way of thinking that is ultimately good for the fans. If they moved it, or replaced it with another attraction then that's a different story.

Rlandrigan

I need to speak up in defense of, in the words of my then 2.5 year old son, 'Magic Carpets!!!'(always with the exclamation points:) It was his favorite ride our first trip, and even last December, at almost 8, he still loves getting above the crowd and seeing adventureland from the air, especially at sunset. So chill:)

DisneyFans4Life

I wonder what they're refurbing...there's not much to the ride itself. The carpets need to stay...it's a great offering to children who are not tall enough for some of the bigger rides. My daughter is almost 2 and she loves going on them...and Dumbo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom