The Lover and the Tolerater: The Tale of One Lil Spark's Disneymoon

Hello all! :wave:

First of all, I know I'm about a month late in posting this. Stupid life always seems to get in the way when you have fun things you want to do...

Let's start at the beginning!

On Friday, September 10th, this happened:
Kissyface.jpg

...And this (awesomenessity):
Cake.jpg

...And this:
Scandalous.jpg

So what is a Disneyphile supposed to do when she gets married? Why, go on a DISNEYMOON, of course!

Too bad my husbad, Scott, is the epitome of what I like to refer to as a 'Disney Meh-ist'. He could take it or leave it, doesn't really care either way. Though one of his greatest pleasures in life is making fun of my obsession with all thing WDW. He doesn't get it, but he gets that it makes me happy.

Convincing him to go to WDW for our Honeymoon wasn't too hard... If your idea of pulling teeth is a walk through the park. In the end, I won because he loves me and wanted me to have the best Honeymoon ever. Thus, our Disneymoon came to be!

More to come... :D

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
We left bright and early (read: 10am) on Saturday to head to our resort: The Sheraton Vistana. My husband's parents have a timeshare and got us a full 7 days at this really gorgeous place for dirt cheap. This left us a lot more money from them to spend on things. (Spoiler alert: WDW tickets!)

Here's some pictures of our villa:

MooneyHon053.jpg

MooneyHon054.jpg

MooneyHon055.jpg

MooneyHon056.jpg

It's not much, but here's the view from outside our front door:
MooneyHon057.jpg

Our resort was only a mile and a half away from Downtown Disney and mere seconds away from restaurants, grocery stores and such. If you must stay truly 'Off Property', I recommend looking into the Sheraton Vistana.

Someone at the front desk tried to tell me that WDW used to own this extensive property as some form of Tennis Resort back in the day. This would later be proven half incorrect by a friend of mine in the Disney Company.

More to come!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
-Sunday-

Since we were actually staying in a villa purchased by my husband's parents who own a timeshare, we were invited (read: forced) into a timeshare presentation. We were promised free breakfast and the opportunity to back out at any time, so we agreed to go. The light at teh end of the tunnel? If we stuck out the 90 minutes, we got really discounted tickets to WDW.

As you can imagine, I was zoning out during the presentation, playing on my phone and dreaming of WDW... We were SO CLOSE to discount tickets!

Ninety minutes later, we were the proud owner of some of the cheapest MYW+Water Park tickets I've ever heard of!

To celebrate, we decided to go to DTD and play...

MooneyHon060.jpg

MooneyHon059.jpg

MooneyHon058.jpg

After some fun times at DTD, I decided to do something I've never done before... Resort/Transportation hop! We decided to not waste a day of tickets on a few hours, so this was the best way to tease my husband for what was to come in the following days...

We went to the Poly first via the buses so I could have my first Lapu Lapu and so we could get lunch. The Grown Up Grilled Cheese at Captain Cooks was amazing!
MooneyHon062.jpg

We then jumped on the Monorail...
MooneyHon063.jpg

And I made an executive decision to get off at MK and head to AKL via bus so I could check it out. Great decision!
MooneyHon065.jpg

More to come!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
-Monday-

Late Sunday night, after all of our fun and shenanigans, I jumped online to check out the crowd predictions for each park. The internet gods told us that our next day would be spent at... *Drumroll* EPCOT!

We got up really early and hopped over to the Beach Club. After exploring, we jumped on a Friendship boat to the International Gateway.

MooneyHon068.jpg

Since World Showcase wasn't open yet, we headed toward Future World.

My first glimpse...
MooneyHon070.jpg

Like a good Epcot fan, I took him straight to Soarin' and we waited a cycle through for my husband's first ride on B1. He loved the Joe Swanson cameo and even commented that we weren't total nerds because another couple waited for the same section with us.

After Soarin', I took him on Mission: Space, which he really loved. (He even asked to do it again!) He had the same impression of Test Track that I do - Not impressed. We drive that way in the Mountains of NC, why make an attraction out of it?

From Test Track, he decided that it was brunch-ish time. So, as World Showcase had just opened, I took him to Nine Dragons.
MooneyHon083.jpg

MooneyHon086.jpg

Lunch was deelish! Though, he decided that it was too soon to walk all the way around WS.

Here's some pictures we caught on our way back to FW:
MooneyHon092.jpg

MooneyHon093.jpg

(By the way, I love the wedding rings visible in the Donald picture! :D)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Lovely trip report! We spent 10 days at the Yacht Club back in 1998, and it is still the best trip we've ever taken together....:sohappy:

maggiegrace1

LOVE this..have been waiting!...

You are gorgeous..Scott is SEXY! and I am excited!

LAPU LAPU!..YUM!

Though I knew you had one since you texted me when you got one..;)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Back to (the) FUTURE (World)!

MooneyHon096.jpg

We stopped briefly at Club Cool because my husband didn't believe that WDW would give anything away for free. Though I did trick him into his first shot of Beverly, he became quite suspicious of me as I was taking his picture... Thus, no reaction shot. Darnit.

MooneyHon072.jpg

I had yet to remind him since we left home that Captain EO was back. Thank goodness! I cried like a baby and he made fun of me to no end. I explained it to him like this: I mourned the loss of this attraction years ago like the loss of a grandparent. If years later you get the opportunity to see your grandparent and they're even better than you remember them, it's an emotional thing! No dice - He still laughed.

MooneyHon075.jpg

MooneyHon076.jpg

MooneyHon078.jpg

After I let my vulnerable Disney Nerd out to play, I felt no shame in taking him on the abomination that is JII 3.0. Afterwards, he told me he remembered some boat ride inside the 'Soarin' place' from his 2 trips ever. So, to Living with the Land it was!

My husband found this Hidden Mickey by himself... I was so proud.
MooneyHon098.jpg

We then went to The Seas, where he decided if he didn't have a drink soon, he'd go crazy.

Off to World Showcase!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
There was no rhyme or reason to our trek around the World Showcase, so here's some pictures of our adventures...

MooneyHon102.jpg

MooneyHon104.jpg

MooneyHon107.jpg

MooneyHon111.jpg

MooneyHon116.jpg

MooneyHon122.jpg

MooneyHon123.jpg

MooneyHon129.jpg

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Time for the one place in Future World we'd yet to venture: Spaceship Earth! Though, sadly, this meant that our day at Epcot had come to a close. My husband was tired and I was surprised he lasted as long as he did...

He found something he liked just as we approached SSE:
MooneyHon132.jpg

Thar she blows!
MooneyHon134.jpg

Heading out...
MooneyHon139.jpg

MooneyHon137.jpg

MooneyHon145.jpg

MooneyHon147.jpg

MooneyHon148.jpg

I started to get sad that my time at Epcot was over... Little did I know that we'd be able to go back later in the week! Whoot! :sohappy:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!:sohappy:
Thanks!
Lovely trip report! We spent 10 days at the Yacht Club back in 1998, and it is still the best trip we've ever taken together....:sohappy:
Thank you! The Yacht Club was gorgeous to walk through. It's now on our list of places to stay. (I totally spoiled him by Resort Hopping :hammer: )
LOVE this..have been waiting!...

You are gorgeous..Scott is SEXY! and I am excited!

LAPU LAPU!..YUM!

Though I knew you had one since you texted me when you got one..;)
Yeah, I had to text you the second I ordered one! The 151 was a nice touch inside such a pretty pineapple. ;)
I can totally see you being all proud of Scott for spotting that hidden Mickey! :lol:
I was beyond proud. He found a few of them himself!

Fashionista007

Congratulations on your marriage and disneymoon! I love your TR so far and EPCOT is always my first stop too :) I can't wait to read more! You two are just adorable!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Since I didn't want to burn my husband out on WDW so soon during the week, we decided to hang out at our resort on Tuesday and play at the pools. We had many Johnny Depp moments - "But why is the rum gone?"

After consulting the online crowd predicting gods again, Wednesday would prove to be MK day!

Here's some pictures of our adventures...

MooneyHon150.jpg

MooneyHon156.jpg

MooneyHon157.jpg

MooneyHon160.jpg

MooneyHon167.jpg

MooneyHon179.jpg

MooneyHon170.jpg

MooneyHon195.jpg

MooneyHon210.jpg

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
That means he's willing to return. The next thing you know, he will be getting his own WDWMAGIC account
Ha! :lol: :ROFLOL:

Though he constantly commented about how much our son would LOVE WDW, I doubt we'll ever live the cold day in hell when he joins here. :p
Congratulations on your marriage and disneymoon! I love your TR so far and EPCOT is always my first stop too :) I can't wait to read more! You two are just adorable!
Thank you very much! We had a great time, though he won't ever tell you that himself. The pictures don't lie though. ;)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
MooneyHon332.jpg

MooneyHon333.jpg

MooneyHon338.jpg

MooneyHon339.jpg

MooneyHon353.jpg

MooneyHon357.jpg

MooneyHon366.jpg

After Wishes, we decided to take what we thought was the quickest mode of transportation back to DTD. We took a boat to Fort Wilderness, another place I'd not been in years. Boy, this was a MISTAKE! Though we got to Fort Wilderness quickly, it took over an hour to get to DTD because of the crazy bus situation.

The next day, we decided to to go Typhoon Lagoon. I will save all of your eyes from awful pictures of us in bathing suits. Trust me, it's for your own good.

Next stop on the pictures... AK, DHS and Epcot ALL IN ONE DAY! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom