The Living Seas wall is DOWN!

DisneySaint

If I don't see any by bedtime tonight, I'll get some tomorrow during my lunch. But I will be there 'till park close, so they won't be up 'till late.

I decided to head in to work early today to see if I could get on Nemo...I couldn't, but my dissapointment was lessened greatly by the fact that the wall is finally down! And, the wave effect that I've heard so much about is indeed in effect. It looks really great! Pictures and a short video featuring the seagulls (Mine!) to follow after my shift :)

I get off tonight at 11 pm, and it takes about 30 minutes to get back to Vista Way, so if not tonight, very very VERY early tomorrow morning :) They shouldn't be up later than about 12:30. As for a soft opening, the CM manning the area wouldn't exactly answer my question, so I'm really not sure. I'm going to try to show up for rope drop tomorrow morning and just hang out in the LS area until I have to work so I can catch a possible soft opening then!

Chill picture hounds!!!! They are on there way!

Teenchy

Someone still owes me some ice cream on that one!

I think that was me.:D I will definitely be back in December (Getting married at WDW!) But will also be down one more time before that to finalize details but don't know when yet? I will pay up if we cross paths! Or stop by the GF the evening of 12/16 for a piece of wedding cake!:slurp:

autumndawn1006

Great pics!! Can't wait!

But between the "Mine" of the seagulls and the "dude" in TT, does anybody want to watch my kids for me after I go through Living Seas Pavilion?:D

Main Street USA

Did anyone else miss those padded orange things at the end of the moving walkway while exiting the old attraction? They're still there! Weeeehoooooo!

metscool

Did anyone else miss those padded orange things at the end of the moving walkway while exiting the old attraction? They're still there! Weeeehoooooo!

No way. Didn't they have it in other ride or was it just the old ride that had it. I think I remember it in a ride but don't remember which ride it was. I think it was HM I am not sure on this one.

dxwwf3

This looks very impressive so far. There could have been many chances for Disney to tacky this pavilion up, but I really am impressed with the style here. And the night picture was also impressive. I think I will certainly be spending more time here now than in the past.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I examined a few of the darker pics in photoshop...

The clammobiles open out their front face just like the old Horizons vehicles don't they? The little doors swing open in the front.

The sign outfront - it says "Supervise Children at all times" and "EVCs must transfer to Standard Wheelchair" right?

ddank

about as good as one could expect a character overlay on a future world pavilion would turn out. seems to be done right while still cashing in on the obvious benefits having nemo associated to the pavilion will provide. its enough but not too much. the image with the water splashing really captures it well. for those who were there today what is the background music loop for the concourse of the pavilion now? Was it the original living seas loop? nemo score? something new?

dxwwf3

about as good as one could expect a character overlay on a future world pavilion would turn out. seems to be done right while still cashing in on the obvious benefits having nemo associated to the pavilion will provide. its enough but not too much.

That is exactly how I feel as well. Don't get me wrong, I loved the original Living Seas, but it wasn't something I spent a lot of time in. I think if you are going to change a pavilion like that, it is best to go in a direction like The Living Seas and The Land went in. Take the best of what is currently there and modernize the heck out of everything else.

Soft Opening Today!!!

Hey Everyone,
We are here in Orlando for our annual Oct trip. We were at EPCOT today and were walking around the living seas. One CM out front told us that everyone was welcomed to go inside but the ride wouldn't be opened until later this month. There were several upper CM about 12 and some Imagineers standing around so I decided to stay for a while. (BTW, love the seagulls, MINE, MINE, MINE!) About 5 minutes later they walked up to us and asked us if we wanted to help test a new attraction. Of course we said yes, so we walked right on with about 20-30 other people. The ride was very good, nothing outstanding, but a fantastic ride for the kids. I have to agree that this is a classic type of family Disney ride. My 3 and 10 year old thought it was great. I tried to video tape it, but since it was such quick notice, I didn't get that great of shots. Ride was pretty much as the spoilers described. I LOVED the EAC part. I thought the tank shots would be a little bigger, but overall, very nice ride. I was really lucky to hit the soft opening at the perfect time.

Tim

dxwwf3

Congrats Buzz! I've always wanted something like that to happen to me in the parks. Epcot needed a ride geared toward the kids and hopefully the general public will respond the same way you did. There just wasn't enough room to make a huge, classic ride, but it sounds like they did the best they could with their limitations.

Can't wait to ride it in the future.

TarzanRocked99-

Those clamobiles remind me of the old Horizons cabs. Could they possibly have recycled them at all for this attraction. They certainly do not look at all as if the used the old sea cabs to make these. Anyone know more?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom