The Little Mermaid Survey

Phineas

the ride isn't bad but its not Disney great. This ride would have been great as it appears in the book.
That's my opinion exactly-there's nothing inherently bad about the ride as it is, other than maybe dedicating half of the experience to Under the Sea. But these designs-that ride would have been amazing. Especially the showdown with a gigantic Ursula.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I only kinda missed the evil in Ursula. It looks like we're killing the sea witch who kindly helped Ariel to be part of Eric's world :/
Since you posted that scene I can,t help think about how great that would have been. I wonder why the went with the current ride when they had that great concept already laid out for them? Was it cost perhaps? If they placed that in DHS it would solve a huge attraction issue there. People would flock to it.

bethymouse

If the show were gone, I wouldn't miss it. I've only seen it once, and that was by accident because we were at EMH late night and wanted to ride TSMM, but it had still a 90 minute wait! So... we settled for The Voyage of the LM show.:(

BrerJon

While it is possible they envision closing VLM, with the closing of the Magic of Animation, they should consider completing the sweep of the Animation courtyard by gutting Disney Junior "Live on Stage". Since it is physically attached to Brown Derby, it may be more problematic, however, hard to imagine keeping one lone attraction open while the others nearby are being torn down.

If Backlot Express is closed to become the Cantina, they'll need another Quick Service, so they could close Disney Jr and turn it back to its original function as The Soundstage Restaurant.

Cmdr_Crimson

The show at DHS has many broken effects. So your reasoning was way off.

Really? I don't recall...All I remember was laser effect, bubbles, the puppets, The bad singing, the video clips, more puppets, the Ursula puppet/aa, prince eric and then Max at the end....So what other effects?

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Really? I don't recall...All I remember was laser effect, bubbles, the puppets, The bad singing, the video clips, more puppets, the Ursula puppet/aa, prince eric and then Max at the end....So what other effects?

There was a water screen that fell down across the entire front of the theatre, it gave the impression of them going under the sea, very impressive.

Brer Panther

Unfortunately, instead of Disney great we got Iger cheap. :p

I've said it before, and I've said it again:
In the California original, they blew their money on the animatronics and had to make the rest of the ride on a three-dollar budget. And they were too lazy to make it any better for the Florida version.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
With all the hate on the mermaid ride at MK.. Jeez last Saturday the line was a 40 minute wait! Seems pretty popular to me!

As for the show.. I love it! It's like Indiana Jones or Beauty and the Beast for me.. I wouldn't care if it went, but I wouldn't mind it staying because it's a really good show. It just better have a replacement unlike all these other closings!

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Another interesting question I was asked. Is Disney greedy? I was kind of taken back and did not know how to answer that question. How would you have answered that? Is that something they are hearing and wanted to survey it?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Another interesting question I was asked. Is Disney greedy? I was kind of taken back and did not know how to answer that question. How would you have answered that? Is that something they are hearing and wanted to survey it?
A TWDC survey asked if TWDC was being greedy? Was this after they asked your opinion on the loss of cinnamon rolls on Main Street?

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I've said it before, and I've said it again:
In the California original, they blew their money on the animatronics and had to make the rest of the ride on a three-dollar budget. And they were too lazy to make it any better for the Florida version.
It really concerns me, my impression is the expansion was to answer uni Harry Potter world. They should have gone all out and like you say seems cheap!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom