The Little Mermaid Survey

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
When I was at the DHS park I was asked to take a survey about the voyage of the little mermaid. I have to say I loved the attraction when everything was operating properly. However lately lots of things are not working and it takes away the full affect. it kills me when things aren't working and let go for awhile.
I rated the attraction low, the questions asked gave the impression they may close the attraction down. Has anyone else been surveyed during their stay? Would this also be closed for the DHS expansion?

Last edited:

orlando678-

Oh I just hate it when things close :( it always feels bad to get rid of things. The thing is, if they close this down then they should quickly start opening other things, because there's almost nothing left. The back is becoming a wasteland and so is animation courtyard. Sad , but I guess they can make something great of it.

HolleBolleGijs

Oh I just hate it when things close :( it always feels bad to get rid of things. The thing is, if they close this down then they should quickly start opening other things, because there's almost nothing left. The back is becoming a wasteland and so is animation courtyard. Sad , but I guess they can make something great of it.

In order to "quickly start opening other things," they must also build other things. Which takes time.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I say, good riddance.

That thing's over 20 years old. With the Animation stuff closing, and One Man's Dream rumored to close (plus Jack Sparrow, which closed last year), this is logically next on the chopping block. They pretty much have to close it if they plan on redeveloping that area.

I guess my answers contributed to a decision to shut it down. Not my intention.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
In order to "quickly start opening other things," they must also build other things. Which takes time.

time is the issue, when they let too many things age together they are then under pressure to open new things quickly which contributes to low quality attractions. Lets hope for the best at DHS. I also here about a possible name change to DHS anyone here that?

Cmdr_Crimson

I say, good riddance.

That thing's over 20 years old. With the Animation stuff closing, and One Man's Dream rumored to close (plus Jack Sparrow, which closed last year), this is logically next on the chopping block. They pretty much have to close it if they plan on redeveloping that area.

You are aware he's speaking of the RIDE in MK...Not Voyage at DHS...

Brer Panther

Did the original poster mean the ride at Magic Kingdom or the show at the Studios? Either way, if it closed I wouldn't really care.

HolleBolleGijs

Did the original poster mean the ride at Magic Kingdom or the show at the Studios? Either way, if it closed I wouldn't really care.

Yeah, we're not entirely sure.

I assumed DHS, because even Disney wouldn't be daft enough to close a 3-year-old ride (even if it's a bit lackluster). Plus, with all of the DHS closures it's only logical that the LM show is next.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeah, we're not entirely sure.

I assumed DHS, because even Disney wouldn't be daft enough to close a 3-year-old ride (even if it's a bit lackluster). Plus, with all of the DHS closures it's only logical that the LM show is next.

He said this in the post...
I have to say I loved the attraction when everything was operating properly. However lately lots of things are not working and it takes away the full affect. it kills me when things aren't working and let go for awhile.

Which means it's MK Mermaid...More animatronics...DHS Voyage is just Puppetry and bad singing...

Animaniac93-98

Disney will periodically survey guests on attractions just to find out their opinion, not necessarily as part of any greater plan.

I was told this by other members here after I asked about a Jungle Cruise survey I took.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Disney will periodically survey guests on attractions just to find out their opinion, not necessarily as part of any greater plan.

I was told this by other members here after I asked about a Jungle Cruise survey I took.

Did they ask questions like
Would you go back
Would you recommend it to others
Is it a quality ride
Is it something you make sure not to miss when you visit dhs

HolleBolleGijs

I wondering if they're surveying to find out if they should salvage it somehow? Just looking at the layout of the park, it seems inevitable that this will close. Maybe they're considering moving it? Or thinking about opening a new, similar show for DHS 2.0?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom