News "The Lion King" celebration coming to Disney California Adventure

Ismael Flores

I've said it before, I'll say it again. They need to install a permanent stage that can collapse on itself so they can do shows like this and not worry about taking it all down for World of Color

There actually is a stage there. They use it all the time.

The whole wooden area of the bottom level rises up above the concrete tier on the second level. When it is in the correct position the stage is about 2 feet above the concrete view area.

During the food and wine festival they use it and set up a removal canopy. when its almost time for WOC the stage lowers down and most of the equipment is now below the viewing area or just slightly above it but not blocking eyesight for any person standing.

not sure if they are using that stage for this show though

The area in yellow is the rising stage

Disney Analyst

There actually is a stage there. They use it all the time.

The whole wooden area of the bottom level rises up above the concrete tier on the second level. When it is in the correct position the stage is about 2 feet above the concrete view area.

During the food and wine festival they use it and set up a removal canopy. when its almost time for WOC the stage lowers down and most of the equipment is now below the viewing area or just slightly above it but not blocking eyesight for any person standing.

not sure if they are using that stage for this show though

The area in yellow is the rising stageView attachment 379796

Looks to me like they are using that stage.

TP2000

Because nothing says African Veldt like a California seaside pier themed to random Pixar properties. :cool:

I find it interesting that they chose only African-American actors/actresses to play the principal roles for this show. We had been told when Frozen debuted with principal actors/actresses who were clearly not Scandinavian looking that such an old-fashioned idea was passe' and anyone worth their Playbill knew that modern theater was beyond casting actors of certain races for specific ethno-cultural locales or plots.

Apparently that's not the case any more?

06_2019__-DCA.01050b-800x400.jpg

Last edited:

socalifornian

Because nothing says African veldt like a California seaside pier themed to random Pixar properties. :cool:

I find it interesting that they chose only African-American actors/actresses to play the principal roles for this show. We had been told when Frozen debuted with principal actors/actresses who were clearly not Scandinavian looking that such an old-fashioned idea was passe' and anyone worth their Playbill knew that modern showmanship was beyond casting certain races for certain ethno-cultural locales or plots.

Apparently that's not the case any more?

06_2019__-DCA.01050b-800x400.jpg
Not white = diversity. PC culture isn’t consistent

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

Not white = diversity. PC culture isn’t consistent
There are several roles exclusively for white actors. There are not many roles for non-white actors. It’s about giving a non-white performer the same opportunity as a white performer because there is a bias towards casts looking like a loaf of wonder bread. Paradoxal, but there’s method to the madness.

TROR

There are several roles exclusively for white actors. There are not many roles for non-white actors. It’s about giving a non-white performer the same opportunity as a white performer because there is a bias towards casts looking like a loaf of wonder bread. Paradoxal, but there’s method to the madness.
Probably has to do with the fact America is a 70%+ white nation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom