The Lillie Belle is home

Vipraa

Hope she returns to the opening ceremony.

From what I have heard she is returning to full service once they put her back together and another train will be sent off to get some of her upgrades soon. Also have been told that WDWRR will be running a 3 train operation during the day with Lilly not pulling any rolling stock until her break in period is complete.

Monorail_Red_77

From what I have heard she is returning to full service once they put her back together and another train will be sent off to get some of her upgrades soon. Also have been told that WDWRR will be running a 3 train operation during the day with Lilly not pulling any rolling stock until her break in period is complete.

That would be a cool sight to see. An engine running on the MK Tracks with no cars being pulled.

asianway

I hope the next train doesnt take, what, 7 years?

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I wonder how the relationship between Disney and Strasburg ended up. The only other shop in the restoration business that I'm aware of is the Tweetsie in North Carolina but surely there are more.

Anyone with more knowledge on the subject heard if the mouse will use Strasburg again or who else the competitors are in that arena?

Rinx

I wonder how the relationship between Disney and Strasburg ended up. The only other shop in the restoration business that I'm aware of is the Tweetsie in North Carolina but surely there are more.

Anyone with more knowledge on the subject heard if the mouse will use Strasburg again or who else the competitors are in that arena?

Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton, PA does their own complete restoration work but is government owned and funded since it's a part of the National Park Service so I really don't know if they do outside contracting. I'm sure as well that there are others.

I've read different things about what happened between Disney and Strasburg from money issues to the railroad doing more work than Disney had asked for (resulting in said money dispute) to, what I believe is the most likely, Disney ordered a modification that does not exist and needed to be designed. Some sort of emergency shut off mechanism that was probably ordered by higher ups who have no knowledge of how steam locomotives operate.

Bigart

Lilly Belle was loaded in PA on July 18 and arrived early July 21. The locomotive is in the roundhouse in one of the furthest east track bays. There is assembly left to do, and the cast tells me about 6 months before full service. Still needs safety systems install. I shot this photo tonight (July 22) from the street. Not great, but you can see the cow catcher is not installed. So cool to have her back on property.

Attachments

• Lilly7:22.JPG
    Lilly7:22.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 415

Disone

Three train operation is, surprisingly, already very frequent. I say surprisingly because during LillyBelle's multi-year rehab one would think they wouldn't just run with 2 and keep the third one as a backup. Still, despite having only 3 during her rehab more weeks that not featured at least a couple of days were all three trains were running.

I don't think you'll see Lilly Belle running around the park without a train set. I do think you could see them running her empty of passengers. Certainly you want to see how she behaves pulling Rolling Stock. You just don't necessarily want to put people on that Rolling Stock :)

mcrgw29

Three train operation is, surprisingly, already very frequent. I say surprisingly because during LillyBelle's multi-year rehab one would think they wouldn't just run with 2 and keep the third one as a backup. Still, despite having only 3 during her rehab more weeks that not featured at least a couple of days were all three trains were running.

I don't think you'll see Lilly Belle running around the park without a train set. I do think you could see them running her empty of passengers. Certainly you want to see how she behaves pulling Rolling Stock. You just don't necessarily want to put people on that Rolling Stock :)

They only ran all 3 trains during projected busier days; most days it was just 2 (Walter and Roger) with the Roy O. doing the opening ceremony.

Disone

They only ran all 3 trains during projected busier days; most days it was just 2 (Walter and Roger) with the Roy O. doing the opening ceremony.

I have not noticed whether or not Roy became the primary show engine for the opening ceremonies . That said I can say with certainty Roy is used extensively for regular service. I am not counting the opening ceremonies as the third train. I'm counting all three trains operating during the middle of the afternoon. It is not daily, and more days than not i assume that certainly they only Running 2. But it is also not the case that they only run three on rare occasions and only on their most busiest days of the year. They run three quite frequently. A majority of the time, no but frequently... absolutely yes.

mikeymouse

Strasburg has a fairly big operation from what I have seen. Their excursions aren't as long as I'd like them to be, but they are no fly by night operation. After the ordeal with Lilly, I doubt they will take another unit there unless there is no other choice for that type of restoration or if by chance things were straightened out in the end.

IanDLBZF

The only other shop in the restoration business that I'm aware of is the Tweetsie in North Carolina but surely there are more.

And you forgot the Tennessee Valley RR Museum who did the restorations on SOU 630 and 4501, so I'm sure that they do other restorations as well. There may be others too!

tractor tipper

I know this is off topic, was in DLR this past week. Their train system was not working one unit was sitting at main street station. Don't know why unless work on Star Wars has interrupted things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom