• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The LGBTQ+ Discussion Thread

LittleBuford

Can a man throw a dress on or makeup and say he is trans and then go into women's locker room or bathrooms? Can this trans person leer at young women?
Anyone doing this wouldn’t be an actual trans person anyway, so your second question is misstated. As for the first, what you’re describing is a malevolent sexual predator whose conduct should have no bearing on how we think about trans people.

LittleBuford

Advertisement
Although I have always maintained creepy men can and have always been able to already do that... so I definitely don’t see it being a big issue when it comes to safe space for real trans people.
There are all manner of ways in which sexual predators can gain access to their victims, whether by entering certain professions or frequenting certain spaces. The narrow, almost paranoid, focus on trans people’s access to bathrooms is entirely disproportionate and alarmist.

21stamps

Reread what I wrote instead of looking to attack me. I am talking gay men in a Male locker room. Not literal playing fields. Can I borrow your smack my head emoji?
Ah. Ok I would never think twice about issues of gay men and straight men being in a same locker room in relation to a male in a female locker room.

He was actually arguing that gay men in a male locker room are on an equal playing field rather then women with a trans woman in the locker room. He was stating a hypothetical situation if a man could just pretend to be trans to get access to the locker room.

Although I have always maintained creepy men can and have always been able to already do that... so I definitely don’t see it being a big issue when it comes to safe space for real trans people.
Yeah, my bad. I see that now. Odd hypothetical to compare in this situation, imo. Same sex vs not same sex.. not sure why gay or straight would come into play, even hypothetically.

Club Cooloholic

There are all manner of ways in which sexual predators can gain access to their victims, whether by entering certain professions or frequenting certain spaces. The narrow, almost paranoid, focus on trans people’s access to bathrooms is entirely disproportionate and alarmist.
You are right, there have been ways for men to do that, but they are illegal. What I worry about are not actual Trans persons but people who would abuse the laws to legally be creepy. When a law is made we have to think all the ways it can be abused. I point to the ADA laws and how people knowingly abuse it with "therapy" pets. Sure there are legit people, vets etc who benefit from it, but more and more are abusing it in order to bring their pets and not pay hotel pet fees.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

Really? I've been accused of leaning left by some here. ;) I guess my leanings depend upon where you fall on the political spectrum, and what is being discussed.
True, my guess...is that you probably down fit neatly into what has become of our political parties. I think there is a fair share of us, and that's how it should be. It's ok for us to have far leaning left and right representatives, it's when they all walk lock step with their parties we should be wary

Disney Analyst

You are right, there have been ways for men to do that, but they are illegal. What I worry about are not actual Trans persons but people who would abuse the laws to legally be creepy. When a law is made we have to think all the ways it can be abused. I point to the ADA laws and how people knowingly abuse it with "therapy" pets. Sure there are legit people, vets etc who benefit from it, but more and more are abusing it in order to bring their pets and not pay hotel pet fees.
That’s a good example. Although probably less harmful to any one group. People abuse all laws and regulations. The real point is to not punish an entire group because of it.

Laketravis

Premium Member
Original Poster
One, I still find @Laketravis starting this thread is akin to me starting a thread called "Libertarianism"
Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion, even if it's rooted in falsehoods ;)

I started this thread because the previous one seemed to originate from hostility. I was hoping this one wouldn't come across that way.

21stamps

Not sure if anyone read this-

Provides a little more to the story than what we originally had. Surprised at inaccurate reporting? I’m not.

The MSM continues to show their flaws and unwillingness to do the fundamentals of their jobs. We no longer have journalism, and it’s a bit concerning.

21stamps

Moral of the story (outside of one more horrible example of so called journalism)-

Having choices on what school to attend is a great thing, but not every private school is going to mesh with every family.

Choose your school wisely, and if you find it doesn’t fit, just find a different school that fits your life better.

I will add that it’s sometimes sad to see. My kid has lost a little over a handful of classmates over the past few years. Most to homeschool, 1 to public, and 1 to a different private. This happens in private schools due to things like keeping up with the curriculum or behavioral issues. There are guidelines and expectations, as time goes on families will find that not all of them are a good fit for their own family... and that’s ok. They’re PRIVATE schools, we don’t need to try to change them to fit every single family’s needs.

I realize it’s popular to attack private schools, especially those associated with religion, but please try to keep in mind that attendance at these schools is a choice. That choice goes both ways, the school has a choice to accept or keep a student, and the family has a choice to want to attend/continue attending if all other qualifications are met.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Moral of the story (outside of one more horrible example of so called journalism)-

Having choices on what school to attend is a great thing, but not every private school is going to mesh with every family.

Choose your school wisely, and if you find it doesn’t fit, just find a different school that fits your life better.

I will add that it’s sometimes sad to see. My kid has lost a little over a handful of classmates over the past few years. Most to homeschool, 1 to public, and 1 to a different private. This happens in private schools due to things like keeping up with the curriculum or behavioral issues. There are guidelines and expectations, as time goes on families will find that not all of them are a good fit for their own family... and that’s ok. They’re PRIVATE schools, we don’t need to try to change them to fit every single family’s needs.

I realize it’s popular to attack private schools, especially those associated with religion, but please try to keep in mind that attendance at these schools is a choice. That choice goes both ways, the school has a choice to accept or keep a student, and the family has a choice to want to attend/continue attending if all other qualifications are met.
I blame parents who force their LGBT+ kids into schools that would rather they not exist. Of course this child is going to act out in an environment like that. I sincerely hope she finds a better school that 100% accepts her as she is. Perhaps her behaviour will improve.

21stamps

I blame parents who force their LGBT+ kids into schools that would rather they not exist. Of course this child is going to act out in an environment like that. I sincerely hope she finds a better school that 100% accepts her as she is. Perhaps her behaviour will improve.
I agree. It is not beneficial for the girl to stay at a school where she is not allowed to be herself. Her parents should have found a new school prior to it becoming as bad as expulsion. They did not help their daughter in this regard. Although I did read, thankfully, that the school changed the withdrawal to “voluntary”so she won’t have an expulsion on her school record. It was good of them to do that, the parents should appreciate it.

OneofThree

Some seem to struggle with the entire concept of "private". I suspect this speaks directly to the hypocritical intolerance of those on the left, specifically. One member here has posted that they hesitate to "support private religious schools". o_O The entire notion of private indicates interests of a specific group of people who freely (yes, this is the U.S. people) choose to engage with such institutions. They are not created for or by gov't/the public at large. Their success or failure has nothing to do with popular sentiment, and everything to do with the commitment of resources by those who share in the mission and vision of the institutions.

LittleBuford

Some seem to struggle with the entire concept of "private". I suspect this speaks directly to the hypocritical intolerance of those on the left, specifically. One member here has posted that they hesitate to "support private religious schools". o_O The entire notion of private indicates interests of a specific group of people who freely (yes, this is the U.S. people) to choose to engage with such institutions. They are not created for or by gov't/the public at large. Their success or failure has nothing to so with popular sentiment, and everything to do with the commitment of resources by those who share in the mission and vision of the institutions.
I have no issue with the concept of "private". What I question is the ability of a child to "freely . . . choose to engage with such institutions".

Disney Analyst

Some seem to struggle with the entire concept of "private". I suspect this speaks directly to the hypocritical intolerance of those on the left, specifically. One member here has posted that they hesitate to "support private religious schools". o_O The entire notion of private indicates interests of a specific group of people who freely (yes, this is the U.S. people) to choose to engage with such institutions. They are not created for or by gov't/the public at large. Their success or failure has nothing to so with popular sentiment, and everything to do with the commitment of resources by those who share in the mission and vision of the institutions.
Well if you want to quote me, I said that because in the end it’s a parent deciding a very specific niche of school for a kid who has no say in the matter. And that type of an environment can be very detrimental to kids who feel alienated or restricted by the teachings of that kind of school.

21stamps

Exactly.

OneofThree

in the end it’s a parent deciding a very specific niche of school for a kid who has no say in the matter.
That's what it is to be parent, and also what it is to be a child. Sadly, not all "adults" are up to the task of parenting. These should not procreate. Unfortunately, there will always be cases of abuse and neglect. The idea that the entire concept of parenting should be redefined by the outlying pieces of garbage is unreasonable, whether we're talking about school choice, or yes, gender reassignment :rolleyes: .

ETA: If we assume that children's assessments should supersede parents' assessments, we are saying that parents role is ultimately just to provide. May as well hand them all over to gov't and pay child support. :rolleyes: Sounds ludicrous, because it is ludicrous. Despite the rulings of certain activist judges as of late, I remain confident that reason will rule at the end of the day. 👍

21stamps

Well if you want to quote me, I said that because in the end it’s a parent deciding a very specific niche of school for a kid who has no say in the matter. And that type of an environment can be very detrimental to kids who feel alienated or restricted by the teachings of that kind of school.
Wasn’t this a high school? The child did have some say in it.

I chose my high school. My son will choose his too. I know where I would like for him to attend, but at the end of the day it’s his choice.

Let’s look at this logically, In private schools, entrance exams and interviews are required. The girl could have purposely failed if she didn’t want to attend.

You can’t look at public admissions and private admissions as the same guidelines, they’re not.

Disney Analyst

That's what it is to be parent, and also what it is to be a child. Sadly, not all "adults" are up to the task of parenting. These should not procreate. Unfortunately, there will always be cases of abuse and neglect. The idea that the entire concept of parenting should be redefined by the outlying pieces of garbage is unreasonable, whether we're talking about school choice, or yes, gender reassignment :rolleyes: .
I can only ever speak from my perspective. My perspective is that religious schools have and can cause more harm then good to a number of students, enough harm that I do not think possible benefits make up for it.

21stamps

I can only ever speak from my perspective. My perspective is that religious schools have and can cause more harm then good to a number of students, enough harm that I do not think possible benefits make up for it.
As someone who attended private religious schools from pre-k thru 12, have parents who did the same, siblings who did the same, friends who did the same, and a child, and nieces and nephews who are doing the same.... I can tell you that your experience is not like mine at all... in my fairly wide experience and second hand experience with such schools.

I do think there are students who aren’t a good fit with such schools, but in my experience it is an overwhelming minority... and this is when the decision to leave should be made.

Disney Analyst

As someone who attended private religious schools from pre-k thru 12, have parents who did the same, siblings who did the same, friends who did the same, and a child, and nieces and nephews who are doing the same.... I can tell you that your experience is not like mine at all... in my fairly wide experience and second hand experience with such schools.
Of course; and it never can be. Everyone has a different perspective.

Although I feel like religious schools thrive off of the families who enrol their families for life in them. Indoctrination starts at birth.

Top Bottom