The last straw!!!!!!!

the-reason14

Original Poster
So, since a lot of people here talk about how the great WDW has been lacking and or how they keep cutting back and cutting back, what would be the last straw for you? It seems our daily discussions here are rarely positive, and people always want to suggest 'they should do this' or 'they need less of that, or more of this' all the while planning the next big trip to the world. But as mentioned above, what would make some of you literally stop planning after reading a topic here? So again, what is your last straw?

Timekeeper

WDW is not an "all or nothing" experience. When an attraction is closed for refurb, there's no refund of admission. There's no magic "last straw." Guests will always - always - tolerate lower qualities at higher costs. Disney knows this, and we know that Disney knows. And Disney knows that we know that they know, but business is business. One man's dream has become a corporate reality.

:cry:

Rowdy

There isn't one.

Plus, everyone is overall more negative anymore. I go, and have a good time. When I stop enjoying myself, I'll stop going.

Cmdr_Crimson

One man's dream has become a corporate reality.:cry:
Which is why this..
Disney-Pictures-Logo.png

Became This..
walt-disney-pictures-logo-3.jpg

They seem to not care and this is the icing on the cake...:brick:

the-reason14

Original Poster
I figured there really wouldn't be a 'last straw' but surely with all the complaints and time devoted to complaining about WDW here, there has to be something that would make someone stop going, or at least think twice about emptying your pocket books. For me, I'd have to say Space mt. closing or being changed/reimagined into a different experience. I'm sure there are others, but for now that's the one that screams the loudest for me.

GeoDonJac34

For me there would not be a last straw, or at least I dont think there would. I dont go because of Disney. I have grown to not be very fond of the company. They constantly change things, and adjust here and there to squeeze more out of our pockets, but when I go I separate the company from the World. I love the World, but not so much Disney, if that makes sense.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
If Meg Crofton gets another promotion when Iger leaves, I will quit the company and will not come to WDW as a guest.

Honestly, I'm already at my last straw in terms of WDW. Maybe it's because I live here, but I am planning to move away and when I do, I have already declared my money will be spent on DCL, not WDW. It is still Disney, yes, but I believe the problem is not with Disney as a corporation, it's with management of WDW. DCL has excellent service, attention to detail, everything Disney is supposed to be, so that's where I'll spend money.

Walt Disney1955

If it becomes a place you don't recognize anymore from your childhood, then I suppose I'd feel differently and not come back. Right now the impact of Disney is still influenced by Walt to an extent even 45 years after his death, but once they lose that influence the place will never be the same. They have to "his" vision alive on a constant basis. Stuff like even the suggestion of getting rid of Carousel of Progress is an example that they are losing this image and that's not a good thing.

WDWLOYAL1971

Hmmm? Let me think. Well, considering that Disney has totally gone astray from the good old days, when everyone got treated with the white glove treatment, their prices have nearly quadrupled if not more, from their resorts to the food and not to mention park admission, yet I continue to go several times a year and choose to overlook the corporate greed, but focus on the memories I'm creating and the good times I have while there, I would say nothing. Corporate Disney knows that there will always be people who are satisfied and those that are not. Still the parks are always full.

Susan Savia

No last straw....we don't go into the parks looking for lightbulbs that aren't on or Tinkerbell that's not flying...We're there for the overall experience and we always come away fulfilled.

the-reason14

Original Poster
No last straw....we don't go into the parks looking for lightbulbs that aren't on or Tinkerbell that's not flying...We're there for the overall experience and we always come away fulfilled.

But it's definitely something that you can't help but notice right? All of us who have been blessed to go more then several times each year or every other year will begin to notice these things. And while some posters may write implying that they intentially go out looking for these things with a clipboard and checklist, some of us can't help but notice that. But it doesn't ruin my trip, or would be the last straw.

bgraham34

I honestly won't know what the last straw is until I feel like the place is no longer what I remembered. They already have started to get less money out of me when it comes to souvenirs. Tshirt are getting very expensive.

SleepingMonk

We just had our "last straw" moment at the Magic Kingdom.

In a word....STROLLERS.

Even now in the off season the Magic Kingdom is just unbearable. The situation is completely out of hand and until they do something to limit the size or number of strollers we won't be back to that park.

Animal Kingdom and EPCOT were fine, but MK was a total mess.

We're done.

Buckeye

Last straw - when cost reaches $1000/day for my family of 4.

They are almost there.

Our Christmas-New Years 7 night stay ran about $5000. Stayed at a "value" resort, ate at one table service per day, bought only a few items to take home. (Cost includes flight - $1200, but it contributes to overall cost so I had to add it in)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom