Trip Report The Last Hurrah ***Completed***

Where: POP
When: Nov 11-16
Why:
  1. Star Wars
  2. to get one final use out of my AP
  3. to have one last hurrah before this arrested development period of my life may end.
Who:

During the trip planning process there was a lot of uncertainty of exactly who would be going.

Final trip manifest:
  1. BES
DH couldn’t go due to work. It’s a double bummer because he doesn’t love his job and he was really starting to warm up to the idea of WDW.

No stowaway youngling will be present on the trip either. This one is a bummer for real life but on the bright side I can ride all of the rides and drink all of the drinks on this trip.

My previous solo trip was more of a physical break from my crazy work hours. I think this trip will end up being being a mental and emotional break.

Will probably try to do this TR live. Obviously going to focus on being in the moment but you all are great company in lines and on busses etc.
Allons-y!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday Evening:

That singing guy is back at Epcot (and so am I). I can hear the shrieks from England.

On recommendation from the Epcot bag check guy I tried the liquid nitro chocolate truffle.

F0787CB9-D0BC-40C9-AB29-6813CCDD5919.jpeg

Excellent. I felt bad for the CM making them. Tons of people were getting them. And liquid nitrogen can be a little scary.

Next the cheddar stout dip in Ireland. Really good. Needed one more piece of brown bread.

Time for a drink. A caipirinha in Brazil. Very good. Something I tend to get when I see one offered.

A charcheturie cone next at the Spain booth. I love olives and fancy hams. DH not so much so I figured I had better try this. 👍🏻

I’m think one more dessert and one more ride then I’m off to the next location.

Via hair touch I have inferred that I have more time before the rain starts.

Last edited:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday evening continued:

No more snacks but did pick up a school break for breakfast tomorrow. They were out of boxes so it’s in a bag.

I’ll review it tomorrow and won’t hold the smushed presentation against it.

Picked up my AP coasters and magnet.

Might be back tomorrow but case not I did one potentially final ride on the current SE.

FE8D5592-8028-451F-B111-1FCE92359A0D.jpeg

3B694D11-E010-4BD9-8593-852AFD15B7EF.jpeg

Goodbye unknown Egyptian. Goodbye Rome burning smell.

Maybe they’ll stay but:

1DBA2BC7-C976-41ED-830C-DD13DE791A86.png

It finally started to sprinkle. I left as Epcot Forever started but not on a POP bus.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday Evening continued:

Hopped a bus to Disney Springs.

It was still lightly raining and I was hoping the Christmas Tree Trail wouldn’t be too busy. Wasn’t crazy but busier than expected given the time and conditions.

5FB02F7D-13EC-4D8F-B2D1-F89A7C6754FA.jpeg

1CE78C10-10BC-45FB-8F03-FE1FBE02EC26.jpeg

9111984B-EFEF-4687-BDEA-D6484E36C9DA.jpeg

(Thought the SW one was a bit sad)

6319FCC8-D41E-41C0-A3B9-A5C1E1261B1A.jpeg

Why do they keep making signs like this? I would very much like to visit the Dreamport. 😢

Stopped in a few shops.

84972FCC-906D-40DE-8243-8E2504AC052F.jpeg

(Too soon! Too soon!)

Got a shampoo and conditioner bar at Basin.

Headed to the buses. The Pop stop is usually at the very end or close to it. Just as I walked by a CM was re-numbering the stops. He told me the new post-10:30pm stop.

32560407-1B39-4792-906B-CA1F4B8562A9.jpeg

For a brief moment the next family that walked by looked at me oddly thinking they had seen a real Golden Oaker.

Then the CM told them that’s the stop they needed too for Pop and they realized that I also was riff raff.

This was the longest bus wait of my trip. Time to rest up for my final day!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday morning:

My intention was to get up early and rope drop MK which had EMH starting at 8am. Did too many alarm snoozes for that. The trip is starting to catch up with me

CAFCE714-B83D-401C-906F-44019193D7FE.jpeg

Needed my coffee right away and luckily had my pre-purchased school bread to enjoy with it.

5D9F88C4-95FD-49F9-953E-CD06D2577C58.jpeg

(She may not look like much but she’s got it where it counts kid.)

This was much better than expected. I typically don’t like custard filling but this was good. This isn’t necessarily the sort of snack I’ll dream about later but I would put it in the Mickey bar level of snacks.

Thanks @tonystark for the nudge to try it.

E16662A1-2184-40A8-A2B4-04DE7BD5F47B.jpeg

Don’t worry @Darstarr I promise not to let my pro-science views bias me in the citrus swirl vs dole whip test today.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday morning:

A full double bus was just pulling away but another MK bus was right behind it.

It started raining on the way. Lightly. Bag check was quick. This was my first morning at the new(est) verison of MK bag check. Overall improved but not anywhere families can easily meet up after.

On Main Street by 8:20. Not too bad.

Did SDMT with a 30 min wait. I would say that’s been my longest wait of the trip and about the max amount of wait that ride deserves.

Carousel next.

1A51E74C-8088-49EE-95CC-848710D79D41.jpeg

4A20911F-B255-4D30-B195-05E2930C7AAB.jpeg

(The park was officially open by now. Look at those crowds...)

Small World as a walk on. Someone entering the line asked if it was scary. A CM replied “Nope. Unless you don’t like the song...”

3B6AA46D-FB3D-4922-BD4E-D5BCAE6FADA8.jpeg

I’m glad they went the extra mile to include Sancho.

HM next with a slight wait. Both rides this trip we got to hear the full spiel in the room before the stretching room.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday morning continued:

Off to Sunshine Tree Terrace on a non-sunshine morning.

I ordered the citrus swirl, for science, but I did not get one.

The citrus swirl wasn’t frozen yet. 😢 The CM offered something else now and a citrus swirl later if he was there.

I got orange and vanilla swirl. (Orange cream?)

2E25DB5B-07E4-487E-BE70-C2B914FAE70D.jpeg

PotC next.

Then to Sunshine Tree Terrance again. Citrus swirl was working and so was the same CM. I asked for just a little bit to try. I like his version of a little bit.

53954A05-FDAB-48B0-9B53-40110B5FB00B.jpeg

My scientific conclusion?

Between dole whip, orange cream and citrus swirl the best is...

Orange cream! It’s statistically significant finding. (P-value <0.05)

Rista1313

Friday morning continued:

Off to Sunshine Tree Terrace on a non-sunshine morning.

I ordered the citrus swirl, for science, but I did not get one.

The citrus swirl wasn’t frozen yet. 😢 The CM offered something else now and a citrus swirl later if he was there.

I got orange and vanilla swirl. (Orange cream?)

View attachment 425875

PotC next.

Then to Sunshine Tree Terrance again. Citrus swirl was working and so was the same CM. I asked for just a little bit to try. I like his version of a little bit.

View attachment 425876

My scientific conclusion?

Between dole whip, orange cream and citrus swirl the best is...

Orange cream! It’s statistically significant finding. (P-value <0.05)
hmmmm but that's not one of the choices in the whole Citrus Swirl > Dole Whip debate!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday morning/afternoon.

Left MK and got on monorail Teal to Epcot.

Despite having 1.5 ice creams before noon I was ready for lunch.

8E4C9469-0529-4DE3-A6DD-190C146CBAA6.jpeg

Some burger/slider and Bell’s porter. Beer was better than the burger.

E199F4B1-942F-45D2-B192-6A330E95F282.jpeg

Maple bourbon cheesecake. At first I thought the V on the menu was for vegan not vegetarian and I was confused.

FDD406B4-E336-4C4A-AEB5-FD1A43401135.jpeg

Tostado next at the Mexico booth. It was okay. I was going to get the taco via @Zipitidoda ‘s recommendation but changed my mind at the last minute.

F221D48E-4C6F-40AA-B050-3EC379DF9A5C.jpeg

Spicy roll to complete my lunch.

Zipadeelady

Friday morning/afternoon.

View attachment 425985

Tostado next at the Mexico booth. It was okay. I was going to get the taco via @Zipitidoda ‘s recommendation but changed my mind at the last minute.
What!! I'd say you were like my kids and never listen to what I say, but I'm guessing we are similar in age so instead I'll say "what the hell were you thinking!!" :happy:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom