Trip Report The Last Hurrah ***Completed***

Where: POP
When: Nov 11-16
Why:
  1. Star Wars
  2. to get one final use out of my AP
  3. to have one last hurrah before this arrested development period of my life may end.
Who:

During the trip planning process there was a lot of uncertainty of exactly who would be going.

Final trip manifest:
  1. BES
DH couldn’t go due to work. It’s a double bummer because he doesn’t love his job and he was really starting to warm up to the idea of WDW.

No stowaway youngling will be present on the trip either. This one is a bummer for real life but on the bright side I can ride all of the rides and drink all of the drinks on this trip.

My previous solo trip was more of a physical break from my crazy work hours. I think this trip will end up being being a mental and emotional break.

Will probably try to do this TR live. Obviously going to focus on being in the moment but you all are great company in lines and on busses etc.
Allons-y!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree with you and others on that. When travelling solo, you can never be to caferul. 👀
You don't have to carry your purse with you at all times, remember, you can leave valuables inside the safe. 🙂

Where is the safe in the new Pop rooms? I was in a rush to leave and didn’t see it.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Where is the safe in the new Pop rooms? I was in a rush to leave and didn’t see it.
Dresser, under tv. :)
safe-in-dresser-in-king.jpg

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday evening:

Hopped a bus to MK. Extra Magic Hours til midnight. First day without a party.

Assumed it would be a zoo. Pleasantly surprised.

Finally got to try the cheeseburger egg roll. Got one of those and a pepperoni one. Both were good.I thought the pepperoni was slightly better.

Next did Swiss Family Robinson on a whim. Love the views at night. None of the pics I took did it justice.

45F16C8A-EF4C-4516-9F0E-1BF618E6A7BE.jpeg

Then Under the Sea and HM as pretty much walk ons. Made it to the Jingle Cruise right as the fireworks started. Very short wait.

Loved the Jingle Cruise. The decorations and seasonal bad jokes were great.

Had a FP for Pirates that I didn’t really need.

D0616FB8-B531-456C-B6E7-673B97EB8CE9.jpeg

Across the hub to my next destination. Ice cream. Got an All American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. So good. Loved that peanut butter sauce

Ate in the hub as it was clearing out. And chatted with DH. Now EMH was starting.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday night:

16835382-122A-49D8-931A-3E11A271ADA0.jpeg

Laugh floor. Haven’t done it in a while. Still cute. Our “that guy” was great.

My favorite joke of the show:

How do Tusken Raiders cheat on their taxes?

They always single file, to hide their numbers.

(Trust me non SW readers. It’s a cute one.)

Peoplemover next. I don’t think I have been on at night in a while if not ever.

Buzz also a walk on so why not. My worst score in a while but still fun.

My favorite pachyderm. I liked the night rides a little better in its old location (better views) but the lighting on the current one looks pretty at night.

9679A215-E18E-49AA-B0DA-4D86786996CB.jpeg

It was about 11:30. I was tired but there was hardly anyone there (by MK standards) so I pressed on. So glad I did.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday night/ Thursday morning:

Went back to BTMR. Got right on. So fun at night. When we got back to the station we were told if we wanted to ride again we could just stay seated. The entire train stayed on. 😍

2nd ride was also great. More so because the entire train was just loving the bonus ride.

Had enough time to sneak into one more line.

I picked Pan. Have never done the new real queue. Last couple rides have been FP and the regular line has never been short enough to justify it- until now. It was the longest line of my EMH but still less than 5 min.

Queue was super cute. Also one of the rides I have the earliest Disney memories of.

Got to go thru the castle on my out. The crowds were also light enough to enjoy the mosaic murals. 😍

B70338C8-4209-4977-8618-0066E153C714.jpeg

88B777C9-292C-446C-AB66-7D15256F9DF6.jpeg

D5F0D914-AA53-44F3-ABBF-5A72C9291C00.jpeg

The buses were being handled super efficiently. I went from the Pan line to my room under an hour- and that was with a very leisurely exit.

Excellent MK night. The best in many trips.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday morning:

Upon closer inspection when I returned to my room. I in fact did get a full clean. I retract my previous statement about it being a half Saucer clean.

All towels accounted for. More coffee etc. I feel a little bad complaining that someone cleaned my room but it was unexpected and did make me uncomfortable.

Lysol-wiped everything down again. Took a quick shower and went to bed.
(Forgot to take a hair pic before the shower. Trust me- after 17 hours it looked like first movie Hermione got electrocuted)

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday morning/afternoon:

Walked the Gorilla Trail. Mobile ordered lunch and headed to Pandora

127F2E9A-2EAF-4118-96DE-18EE02BDFB77.jpeg

Tasty. But I was hungry again shortly after.

Time for my favorite Pandora ride- NRJ. (FoP is a better ride no doubt but too screen-y for me🤢)

Posted wait was 60 min which is crazy. Glad I had a FP.

I feel about Pandora I think non-SW people feel at Batuu. I have no idea what any of this stuff is. It’s cool to look at I guess. 🤷🏻‍♀️

My favorite AK snack next: Pongu Lumpia.

D82831E0-6D83-4F9E-84BA-313B04A69314.jpeg

Pretty sure the guy ahead of me in line was trying to scam free beer. You finished your entire beer and *then* realized it was the wrong one? 🤔

I think he had finished more than just that beer and he was whisked away by suits. I do think he did get that free beer though. 😒

Watched the UP bird show. First time. Last time. It needed more birds and less UP.

The one bird missing from the show was wandering around outside:

9EF92E4C-0D15-4C3D-9DF5-B7823DF5A51D.jpeg

Adults and kids would all squeal: Kevin!!! as she walked past. Loudest character reactions I’ve heard.

Walked the Jungle Trek:

35CF8659-FE92-440A-8279-F1F4DF81E5E0.jpeg

(Kevin’s tiny cousin?)

Everest as a single rider next. Less than 10 min wait as the CM running things was super efficient.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday afternoon:

Went to Dinoland. Dinosaur line was too long for my next FP window.

So I just explored.

59880989-5DB9-49DF-8FE4-EAAA00154B86.jpeg

69EB23D6-2553-4F87-9B0A-332621407646.jpeg

Not loving Dinoland being Ducktalesland + carnival dinosaurs. I just want dinos

Had a churro. Then off to see Finding Nemo the Musical.

It felt like it was going to rain soon. And by it I mean my hair.

The puppetry in Nemo is top notch. Loved the sets and costumes.

Chatted with DH for a bit. Still just looking like rain but nothing yet.

Surprise. Surprise. I was hungry again. At first I thought it was still lunch hungry but it was now time for dinner.

188AA936-7E88-4D75-93CD-8D16C229372E.jpeg

The hair. It’s getting poofy and frizzy. The rain is nigh.

Maybe this will help?

DA2260AB-CA8B-48E2-AA0B-BD1640787E80.jpeg

The Spice Trader Classic at Nomad Lounge. Good but not great. Should have went with the Tempting Tigress.

Attachments

• F903A64C-795D-4702-96F8-1F9AFC36BC12.jpeg
    F903A64C-795D-4702-96F8-1F9AFC36BC12.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 30

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom