The Land

Smiley/OCD

Your opinion of the walking tour of the land! Worth it or not?
Like people said...if you enjoy gardening, this is a great tour to take...we went on it about 5 years ago, and I'm the only person in my neighborhood to have cucumbers growing vertically...I saw the way they were doing it, went home, and up it went...great tour!!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Absolutely! I've gone on the Behind the Seeds tour about 4 times now, over the years. It's very reasonably priced, and you get to see and learn a lot in an hour. Plus, because it's just an hour, it doesn't take up a half day or longer like some other tours at WDW--so there's plenty of time left in your day to visit other attractions.

Dr.GrantSeeker

It's what I think an EPCOT tour should be. Informative, interesting, entertaining, scientific, and just long enough at a price that is not gouging. I have gone on it 3 or 4 times myself, with a variety of people.

-dave

THIS!! Behind the Seeds is everything that Epcot Center represented. For that reason alone I could keep going on this tour every time I'm in the World.

TB4244

I agree, it's excellent value and worth the price alone just to walk through those greenhouses and see all the fascinating plant life that you can't view from the boat.
How many others bought a 'touch me not' plant when they got home? We did!
(Sadly it passed on, but it was still cool)

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I found it to be very interesting and it really is a rare value at WDW. I'm not a serious Gardner but enjoyed living with the Land and took the tour. I learned a lot and the guide was great.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
All this talk about it being a bargain made me go look up the price and... IT'S ONLY $20? WHAT?

I've never done this before and knowing this, I'm definitely going to try to do it next time I'm in Epcot.

Phonedave

I agree, it's excellent value and worth the price alone just to walk through those greenhouses and see all the fascinating plant life that you can't view from the boat.
How many others bought a 'touch me not' plant when they got home? We did!
(Sadly it passed on, but it was still cool)

I never saw a "touch-me-not" for sale there. Thats odd because I know of two plants called a touch me not. One is a mimosa, which grows into a large tree, and the other is an impatinet, which you can get at any garden center for a few bucks. Do you know which one it was?

My kids have bought plants from there, a dragon fruit and some other things as well, but they all die. I have grown a lot of plants - from seeds and from cuttings, but I never have any luck with the Disney ones in sterile agar.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom