The Land

How did you like it?

• Great Idea! Wonderful! Walt would be proud!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Great Idea, sounds like it could be kinda fun

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Needs improvement, has alot of Magic missing

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I reeeeaaallllyyyy don't like this Idea, and I need to take some sort of strong alcholic beverage ju

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chad

Original Poster
ON my last trip a week ago , (I'm still wearing my mickey hat with my name on the back) I decided to investigate a ride that seemed to stir up quite a bit of controversy. Living with the Land. As I rode on it, I couldn't understand why so many people didn't like it! I found it VERY interesting, and very educational, and fun to go on. Not a ride that you would go on every trip, but I thought it was fascinating. I thought it was great how the rainforest smelled like fresh rain, and when you sailed into the desert scene, you felt this hot raspy air in your throat, etc..So, all I can say is that some of the AA's need some enhancement, but toher then that, its fine the way it is. However, The Circle of Life and Food Rocks leave MUCH to be desired...It almost got to the point were food rocks began to disgust me, I felt like my intellegence was being insulted, and I kept think of the 'Lester's Possum Park" scene in 'A goofy movie'. Also, while The circle of life is good intentioned, and it does get its point across, It does so in a discovery channel sort of way, not an amusing, entertaining disney way.

So, as always, I have some suggestions.

We'll start with the circle of life movie. My solution is very simple, use the puppets from the Legend of the Lion King show in MK to spice it up, make a story behind it, a good one, one I cant think of right now. kids will be happy cause they get to see their favorite charecters, parents will be able to watch it, and maybe get something out of it, and teenagers....Well, they don't seem to like much unless it moves fast.. <No offense to anyone here, I happen to be a teenager myself>

Food rocks.
Destroy and send it to burn.
I hope I never have to watch it again. IN fact, I refuse to.
Now, the Idea I have for it is kinda unique. And because I don't know the specifics of how the building is set up, and wheter or not it could be extended and built on, My idea has two versions. The real idea, and then the skimmed down and smaller version. I'll start with my MAIN idea.
Now, I borrow much of my inspiration from DCA, the new section would be called "Bountiful Farms" and would fit in nicely because the resteraunts are all themed to a cartoony barn like setting, and this would go great. A fence would surropund this area, with some fake corn behind it, and a scarecrow mickey, and you would walk through the fence and into a 'Courtyard" of sorts, it would have farm like stuff in it, plus some exhibits here an there, but nothing special. Now first, I'll describe a little side attraction, and PLEASE don't jump on me, but I think one of those spinny vegetable things would fit nicely here..I can't really explain it but its similar to the teacups, but you're in vegetables and fruits, brightly painted, If anyone has been to the strawberry festival here in plan city florida, then you've seen em..THIS IS JUST A SIDE ATTRACTION! please don't yell! I know its a cheap carny ride, but themed properly it would fit in nicely.
Now, onto the flagship of this area. It would be a little different. The Barn Maze would be a unique, entertaining, and informative attraction all in one. It would appear as a big barn on the edge of this indoor farm, and you would enter through two large barn doors, get in line, etc..the maze would actually be a series of rooms, connected with automatic doors.It would be a walkthrough attraction! IN each room (there would be about 5) you would complete a different, competitive task. One of the first I thought of would be a sort of midway type game, where you would shot water that is supposed to be a clean, natural pesticide to ward away bugs from the crops, so the guests learn about pesticide alternatves.
It would basically have a different game in each room, and it ends in a big area, the middle of the barn, where kids can play on tire swings, swing on ropes and fall into a 'hay' (though it may have to be fake due to allergies) Go on slides, play on a tractor, pet AA and very realistic horses etc..then you would exit back into the bountiful farms area. As you can see, there would probably have to be some building expansion for all of this, and thats why, if there's not enough room, we could just build the maze part, and make the play area a much more scaled down version.

SO, whatcha think?

woofboy111

I too agree with you that the land isn't that bad, but I won't wait on line for it. I'lll only go in if the wait is less than ten minutes. I also agree that something needs to be done with food rocks.

wdwmaniac

The land is OK. The ride living with the land is not bad and the Lion King show is not the bad either. Food rocks is boring it is made for little kids.

Disney Maniac

Does anyone remember the show that was in place before "Food Rocks?" You know, the Kitchen Caberet show, with "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit?" That was so much better. More entertaining, educational, and funnier...of course, when I saw it last, I was, like, 9 years old or something, so what do I know?:) The should just bring that one back...with a little modernization, of course...

JasonG

Kitchen Cabaret... boy does that bring back memories... fond memories might I add. I recall my aunt taking me on that multiple times... I loved it. The singing fruits and veggies would crack me up! :rolleyes: But now... I can't stand the show! I wish Kitchen Cabaret would replace the Food Rocks show!;)

Brett

Wow! I loved the Kitchen Cabaret! I even had a stuff animal of the Brocolli that played the maracas during the "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit" song :p

sillyspook13

I also remember that old show. My dad and I listened to the "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit" song and it almost moved us to tears. I miss the old show. Really I do.

I like your idea of something new to replace Food Rocks. I lost my appetite the one and only time I saw that show.

sillyspook13

Also, an instrumental version of the Kitchen Cabaret music could be the area's theme music! That would be a nice way to bring back a small piece of history.

The Mom

Premium Member
I also miss Kitchen Cabaret! I think Disney made a mistake in trying to "update" it. It only made it out of date that much faster. The older version had a somewhat hokey but timeless charm, whereas the new version just comes across as a failed attempt to be hip. We have a plush broccoli with the sunglasses, anyone remember him?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom