The Land - Nestle?

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Ok so I went to Epcot today and noticed that The Land was no longer sponsored by Nestle. When did that happen? I never noticed it before...

JWG

This discussion has come up a few times over the past year. The logos disappeared sometime in 2008 (depending on who you ask). They weren't there in February when we visited.

A quiet exit I guess.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I just find it kinda odd, especially considering that Soarin' is the most popular attraction at the park. I would bet a new sponsor is probably getting lined up...

PhilharMagician

Nestle has been slowly disappearing from The Land for about a year now ever since the removal of Jr Chef.

Captain Hank, is the sign now gone to in the last display of LWtL boat ride?

EPCOT Explorer

Nooooooo!

If you have ever had Royal Cup or even Dunkin Donuts you wouldn't ever look at Starbucks again. It is the devil. IMHO of course. :lol:

I've had DD before...Loved it. :D You might be right about that.

But Mocha Frapichinos.....I need to have one of those and walk around WS. It needs to happen.:lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Nooooooo!

If you have ever had Royal Cup or even Dunkin Donuts you wouldn't ever look at Starbucks again. It is the devil. IMHO of course. :lol:
You got my vote on that one. I like Starbucks espresso drinks but their coffee is horrible. DD coffee is so much better.

Captain Hank

Nestle has been slowly disappearing from The Land for about a year now ever since the removal of Jr Chef.

Captain Hank, is the sign now gone to in the last display of LWtL boat ride?
I don't recall a Nestle logo ever being in the closing diorama of the ride. The logo has been removed from the queue mural for quite a while now. I think it might still be in the Circle of Life pre-show, but I'm honestly not sure.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
You got my vote on that one. I like Starbucks espresso drinks but their coffee is horrible. DD coffee is so much better.
I was buying 5 pound bags of RC beans online about every 3 months for a fraction of the price of buying the small bags of other stuff in the store. I stumbled across, 5 pound bags of DD at Sam's Wholesale the other day. I was in such a hurry i didnt have time to compare pricing, but i think i might have to switch for a while and change the routine.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was buying 5 pound bags of RC beans online about every 3 months for a fraction of the price of buying the small bags of other stuff in the store. I stumbled across, 5 pound bags of DD at Sam's Wholesale the other day. I was in such a hurry i didnt have time to compare pricing, but i think i might have to switch for a while and change the routine.
Sam's has a whole bean kona blend that is really good. The DD coffee at Sam's unfortunately does not come in whole bean.:cry:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Sam's has a whole bean kona blend that is really good. The DD coffee at Sam's unfortunately does not come in whole bean.:cry:
ahhh. I like whole bean so that it can live in my freezer and i grind about a weeks worth at a time.

Ill try that Kona. Thanks for the tip.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
ahhh. I like whole bean so that it can live in my freezer and i grind about a weeks worth at a time.

Ill try that Kona. Thanks for the tip.
The coffee maker I have has a grinder built in. I can use preground coffee but the whole beans work and taste so much better.

bugsbunny

Sadly this strange brown coffee like substance made by Nestle is still found everywhere in WDW.

Having spent 10 days at the Wilderness Lodge and wondered why a $300/night "deluxe" hotel at WDW would only have this crud as the coffee option, I complained to WDW about it. They sent me THREE 4-day park hoppers for my angst.

For those that are coffee drinkers, you know what its like to go 10 days drinking brown colored water. And one would also think that since it is "where the magic happens!", that Disney could break down and at least offer it for sale! They are charging like $2.50 a cup for this crap! After a few days, I'd probably break down and spend $5 for one cup of fresh brewed coffee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom