Trip Report The "It's a ... " Trip Report!!!!

Hi everyone,

I don't normally begin my trip reports until we return home and have all the pictures and notes. But my DH and I are thrilled to share our very exciting news. If you have been following, my DH and I have spent 10 years trying to have a little prince or princess and the past 4 years going through fertility treatments. Last February, I committed to training for the Disney Princess Half Marathon which took place this past Sunday on the 23rd. We booked the trip and planned a WDW vacation to celebrate my running the marathon. However, at the end of September, after our 5th round of IVF, we got the surprise of our lives! We were pregnant! It finally happened! We thought about canceling the trip all together in the end decided to change the trip from a marathon race celebration to a gender reveal trip!!!

We checked into the Beach Club on Sunday, February 23rd. My parents were with us as well even though only my mom would join us in the park. We got our room, which was ready, put our luggage in and then my dad drove us to the Grand Floridian where we jumped on the monorail and headed to the Magic Kingdom. When I spoke to guest services prior to our trip, I couldn't formally plan anything for the big reveal but they said I wouldn't have any trouble at City Hall getting someone to help me.

We arrived at City Hall, my choking back tears already as I always loose it when I enter the Magic Kingdom, and spoke to a woman there. I won't say she wasn't nice, she was, but she was looking at me like "lady, its hot and we are so busy - what do you need?" She directed me to Photo Pass in the theater. I was determined to make this happen the way I had planned and knew it just came down to finding the right person. As we headed to the Theater, I happened to see a balloon handler and a photopass photographer right next to each other. At the door of the theater, I saw 2 girls and a guy, young, standing around in guest services outfits and I knew that was my group to help. The one girl happily said "i've been bored all day! This is so exciting!" She led us to Main Street, got a photographer, got the balloon handler and everything was in place.

As we stood facing the Castle so our backs were turned to them, she opened the envelope. Showed it to the balloon handler, who got the balloon ready. She slowly walked up behind us... And here it is. The moment before we turned around and found out!!!

wdw201405447978543_6934710871_18.jpeg

IT'S A BOY!!!!!

Thank you everyone who has followed us along on this journey! For sending us happy thoughts, pixie dust and prayers!

I have a favor. If you follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or Twitter, please do not post anything on there about the results. We are doing a formal reveal to the public after my April baby shower and are trying to keep it secret until then. But I had to share the big news with all of you!!

Promise, more photos to follow, more magical memories to share, when we get back.

XOXO

DizneyPryncess

Hi everyone,

I don't normally begin my trip reports until we return home and have all the pictures and notes. But my DH and I are thrilled to share our very exciting news. If you have been following, my DH and I have spent 10 years trying to have a little prince or princess and the past 4 years going through fertility treatments. Last February, I committed to training for the Disney Princess Half Marathon which took place this past Sunday on the 23rd. We booked the trip and planned a WDW vacation to celebrate my running the marathon. However, at the end of September, after our 5th round of IVF, we got the surprise of our lives! We were pregnant! It finally happened! We thought about canceling the trip all together in the end decided to change the trip from a marathon race celebration to a gender reveal trip!!!

We checked into the Beach Club on Sunday, February 23rd. My parents were with us as well even though only my mom would join us in the park. We got our room, which was ready, put our luggage in and then my dad drove us to the Grand Floridian where we jumped on the monorail and headed to the Magic Kingdom. When I spoke to guest services prior to our trip, I couldn't formally plan anything for the big reveal but they said I wouldn't have any trouble at City Hall getting someone to help me.

We arrived at City Hall, my choking back tears already as I always loose it when I enter the Magic Kingdom, and spoke to a woman there. I won't say she wasn't nice, she was, but she was looking at me like "lady, its hot and we are so busy - what do you need?" She directed me to Photo Pass in the theater. I was determined to make this happen the way I had planned and knew it just came down to finding the right person. As we headed to the Theater, I happened to see a balloon handler and a photopass photographer right next to each other. At the door of the theater, I saw 2 girls and a guy, young, standing around in guest services outfits and I knew that was my group to help. The one girl happily said "i've been bored all day! This is so exciting!" She led us to Main Street, got a photographer, got the balloon handler and everything was in place.

As we stood facing the Castle so our backs were turned to them, she opened the envelope. Showed it to the balloon handler, who got the balloon ready. She slowly walked up behind us... And here it is. The moment before we turned around and found out!!!

wdw201405447978543_6934710871_18.jpeg

IT'S A BOY!!!!!

Thank you everyone who has followed us along on this journey! For sending us happy thoughts, pixie dust and prayers!

I have a favor. If you follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or Twitter, please do not post anything on there about the results. We are doing a formal reveal to the public after my April baby shower and are trying to keep it secret until then. But I had to share the big news with all of you!!

Promise, more photos to follow, more magical memories to share, when we get back.

XOXO
Congratulations!!!!!!! I have been on fb constantly checking lol!! So happy for you guys! :). Love this story!

JillC LI

Oh boy!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! So happy for you. And so glad the reveal was everything you wanted it to be. What happy news. Time to start decorating in blue :)

You sure you don't want everyone to know it's a boy BEFORE your shower so they can buy gener appropriate items, or do you just want them to stick with gender neutral for more variety?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom