The Integration of Fox into the Disney Corporate Family: Parks, Movies, IPs, Studios

seascape

i agree and the longer it takes for things to recover to the point where Disney builds a new resort the more deveveloped india is likely to be
India make a lot more sense than most people here think. India was one of the most important aspects of Disney buying Fox. Fox's Hotstar streaming service along with their movie, television and sports broadcasting in the second most populated country in the world prove it's importance. In addition, India's population is growing faster than China's and it is possible it will pass China in total population.

I can see the day when India and China both have 2 separate resorts giving Disney a total of 6 Asian resorts. Brazil should also get one. BTW, I know Hong Kong is China and if they are included it would be 3 in China but only time will tell if China does fully takeover Hong Kong.

Slpy3270

Well, that didn't last long.

20th Century Fox Television is absorbing Touchstone Television (formerly Fox 21 and Fox Television Studios) and ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke is becoming President of the combined operation.

Hulu Originals head Craig Erwich is now taking over ABC's programming operations.

Interestingly, 20th Television's animation unit (you know, the guys that produce The Simpsons, Family Guy and the like) is being reorganized as its own unit. Possible consolidation into Disney TV Animation imminent?

seascape

Looks like a soccer club in Mexico is raising a stink in regards to Disney's plans to liquidate the Fox Sports nets in Mexico.

I agree the Mexican Soccer Club is being screwed as a result of the Fox merger. However, what is The Walt Disney Company supposed to do? They agreed to liquidate the Fox sports network in Mexico but no one was willing to buy it! So Disney has to just close it down leaving the Soccer Club with no contact. That is the fault of the Mexican Government not Disney.

LittleMerman

India make a lot more sense than most people here think. India was one of the most important aspects of Disney buying Fox. Fox's Hotstar streaming service along with their movie, television and sports broadcasting in the second most populated country in the world prove it's importance. In addition, India's population is growing faster than China's and it is possible it will pass China in total population.

I can see the day when India and China both have 2 separate resorts giving Disney a total of 6 Asian resorts. Brazil should also get one. BTW, I know Hong Kong is China and if they are included it would be 3 in China but only time will tell if China does fully takeover Hong Kong.
Is there a reason Disney hasn't built in South America yet?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there a reason Disney hasn't built in South America yet?
You'd want to build where it is relatively easy for a region with close to 100 million people to be able to drive or very cheaply fly in, and have the middle class and upper middle class income to spend, spend, spend.

While SA has a few very large cities, they also have a geography issue with mountains and jungles.

In the end, they'd just be building it for the local city, and so, that city would have to be huge and somewhat well-off, like Hong Kong. It wouldn't be for a continent.

Mexico City would be a good choice if only Mexico could be a tad more stable and not have pockets of lawlessness.

Medellin would be paradise weather-wise, but it's very mountainous and other countries couldn't easily drive into the country.

Brazil constantly has political issues.

Robbiem

I can’t see Disney building a Southern Hemisphere Disney resort for a long time.
Australia and New Zealand are developed but have smaller populations and their remoteness would be unlikely to support a resort, possibly some sort of small park like the sidney wharf plan but not a Disneyland
South America and Southern Africa are still mainly developing regions with economic and political stability issues. Maybe in a few decades time they may build there but for now I suspect asia and possibly the Middle East will be the focus for any more resorts. In reality though I suspect the next park will be the second gate in Shanghai to build on the investment already made

Darkprime

I can’t see Disney building a Southern Hemisphere Disney resort for a long time.
Australia and New Zealand are developed but have smaller populations and their remoteness would be unlikely to support a resort, possibly some sort of small park like the sidney wharf plan but not a Disneyland
South America and Southern Africa are still mainly developing regions with economic and political stability issues. Maybe in a few decades time they may build there but for now I suspect asia and possibly the Middle East will be the focus for any more resorts. In reality though I suspect the next park will be the second gate in Shanghai to build on the investment already made

Yea. If they ever do build a park or something down under id expect to see it in Australia rather than NZ.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Big question now is what name will the European and Asian channels get. Can't use the Star name there since they're already being used for other things.
The Asian "Star" channels are part of the Asian hotstar-adjacent channels that Disney just bought.

Then there is "Star Channel" (one in Greece and one in Japan), which, technically, is not the same as "Star." Don't know if the Greek channel will protest, and if they do, they can win.

Also, the "Star" that is coming to Europe will be integrated into the D+ streamer and not be a separate channel or streaming service.

Crossfire

Big question now is what name will the European and Asian channels get. Can't use the Star name there since they're already being used for other things.
Star Plus HD will be rebranded Utsav Plus HD, Star Gold HD will become Utsav Gold HD and Star Bharat will become Utsav Bharat.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Star Plus HD will be rebranded Utsav Plus HD, Star Gold HD will become Utsav Gold HD and Star Bharat will become Utsav Bharat.
Well, then... there will seem to be no brand confusion in Europe then, except among anyone who doesn't know Hindi.

Which then makes me thing: Umm.... the use of a Hindi work makes me thing that hotstar will also become Utsav... but, why? 'hotstar' was already a very successful brand in India.

And if they could use 'Star,' why not stick with it? It's now a global enterprise, so why different names?

Curiouser and curioser.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom